Escape to the Movies: Shutter Island

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
Yay for the props to Thelma Schoonmaker. As an aspiring editor it annoys me when even my fellow classmates don't know any great editors like her and can only name off Walter Murch as a heavy hitter in the film world (to Murch's credit, he does deserve the praise--In the Blink of an Eye probably taught me more about editing than any of my actual classes).

EDIT--Also, Happy Birthday Bob.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
He made Taxi Driver. I think I'm obligated to see anything else he makes.

stok3r

Dec 23, 2009
Ok. I actually saw this before the review this time, and I have to disagree. Maybe i was too high expectations? Yeah probably. But the whole movie comes of as generic and, frankly, boring. I was really looking forward towards the downward spiral of the characters sanctity, but thats all been done before. And better. I came out of the movies with a big resounding "mehhhhhhh"

I have to disagree with Bob this week, as in him saying its freaky and "bow your mind" stuff. It wasn't for me at least. Although it should be noted that I was expecting deep and symbolic shit, so, if you set your expectations lower, you may enjoy it.

Thats my mini-review.

Oh, and take Bobs advice on not even watching the trailer for this! Not even joking, it just puts the twist infront of your face for you to read. You have to be half way retarded to not see it.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Hawkeye16 said:
Dat Brooklyn Accent Makes it dificult to consentrate on card games.
Boston accent actually. I myself used to have it but Ive worked to get rid of it. When I head home back to that area though it starts to come back. I end up sayin' things thaht sound wicked retahded. Especially if Im up neeah Fenway visitin' my old cuoallage buddies and hahvin a wicked pissah time!

:)

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Benjeezy said:
Ursus Astrorum said:
Hawkeye16 said:
Screw the ratings I have money!
Attention Duelists! My hair is surprised that so many people know about this!
Oh my, a giant pair of breasts are coming towards us.

[HEADING=3]BROOKLYN RAGE![/HEADING]

stok3r

Dec 23, 2009
Jaranja said:
Benjeezy said:
Ursus Astrorum said:
Hawkeye16 said:
Oh my, a giant pair of breasts are coming towards us.

[HEADING=3]BROOKLYN RAGE![/HEADING]
+1 genius

mchoueiri said:
Also I just wanna point this out because well I want too avatars plot sucked I don't care that I have seen it before the plot was not done well and the people were not flushed out and it makes me wonder how people can think that. so fuck u guys
So what? Its good looking. I saw it twice just to see the sexy animation.

Macar

Jun 16, 2009
sigh, people still cant tell the difference between a Bostain and Newyork accent I see.

It's actually a appropo- because Shutter island (if I'm not mistaken) is supposed to be off the coast of Boston.

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Benjeezy said:
Ursus Astrorum said:
Hawkeye16 said:
I don?t understand a word you just said. Try speaking American; it?s the only language I understand.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
Happy Birthday Bob.

I baked you a cake

I'm a fast Baker
LIES!

*and I'm probably goin to go see this. Why? Because i have nothing better to do tonight but study for Chemistry.

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
So what? Its good looking. I saw it twice just to see the sexy animation.[/quote]

that is totally fine your being honest thats why I saw the film and it should win best visual effects because lets face it. It looked amazing but when people say oh the plot is deep and really well done that is what sets me off since the plot was well im gonna say the plot sucked.