Escape to the Movies: Shutter Island

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Shutter Island

This week MovieBob takes a wicked look at Shutter Island.

Watch Video

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I'll admit. I had never heard of this film...although, as always your review gave me a good ol' giggle =D

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Thank god you understand that Avatar's plot is fine. Seriously, if you only have a few movies to compare the plot to after 50+ years of movies, you've got a decent plot.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
A worrying trend I'm noticing in ETTM: The videos are gradually getting shorter.
It's still an excellently informative series but I worry that the decreased length means Bob is drawing most of it out.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Thank god you understand that Avatar's plot is fine. Seriously, if you only have a few movies to compare the plot to after 50+ years of movies, you've got a decent plot.
Here here.

Everyone who keeps pointing out that avatars plot has been done before is just railing against a popular movie for the sake of looking "cool" on the internet. Imo.

It was remarkably well presented, visually spectacular, the characters and settings where remarkably fleshed out. Even if it is just dances with wolves again its on of the best dances with wolves movies out there.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
This looks good, but thriller really isn't my thing, plus I'm probably too young to see it.

I can probably guess the plot twist right now, as you said, it looks easy, shame many films these days are similar (probably because we have so many) and so therefore it's a lot easier to guess plots.

Still, it looks beautiful from the trailers being shown in the background.

Also, what is with the gangster accent poppin' in every 2 seconds? Or is it just me?

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
MovieBob said:
Shutter Island

This week MovieBob takes a wicked look at Shuttah Island.

For more from MovieBob, check out Intermission [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/7190-Trope-a-Dope].

Watch Video
happy birthday dude!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm going to see it, sure, but I'm not really looking forward to it, Scorsese, Kingsley, and Leo or not.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Happy Birthday movie Bob. Why the New Yawker accent?. I haven't seen this movie just yet but well Scorsese hasn't failed me yet and I've been looking forward to playing this movie since I saw his name on it.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Hawkeye16 said:
Dat Brooklyn Accent Makes it dificult to consentrate on card games.
It's a New England accent, actually. Bostonian, to be precise

Yeah, MovieBob representin' New England. Nice review. I've been dying to see Shutter Island. I actually met Martin Scorsese when he came up to NESCom to talk to the Audio and Video kids. He's a pretty cool guy.

Happy Birthday Bob, by the way