Escape to the Movies: Taken 2

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Did anyone think the intro was going to be a nod to the Critic Openings from the TV show? The Phone Ring was the same as Jay Sherman's, even. Just a thought.

OT: Short of a drinking game with my friends (Affectionally called "Take a Drink everytime Liam Neeson does something badass; You'll have blood poisoning before the movie is over) I'm not sure a sequel will do anything for me. I love Liam Neeson, but I enjoy the first one with my friends, so it might be a better "with friends" picture then a serious one.

I might watch it, though. It might be kind of fun to watch.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Mcoffey said:
SnakeoilSage said:
Pipotchi said:
No you wouldnt! You'd call the police like any sane person and then sit agonisingly by the phone in the hope that they had found your girlfriend.
When you fall in love some day you'll understand.
So anyone who doesn't attempt a blood-soaked rampage of death to get their loved one back doesn't really love them? I say "attempt" because in real life, even assuming some kind of training, most people would either be shot and die, or convince the kidnappers you're not worth the hassle of a ransom and leave your loved one in a ditch. That's why most leave it to the police and hostage negotiators, and that's why they don't do rampages.

I'll still probably see this one, if only because it's a good way to kill a few hours with my friends, and there's nothing else out right now.
Feel free to let your loved ones know that the only thing going through your mind is waiting while someone else looks for them.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Pipotchi said:
SnakeoilSage said:
Pipotchi said:
No you wouldnt! You'd call the police like any sane person and then sit agonisingly by the phone in the hope that they had found your girlfriend.
Lol Don't tell my wife that otherwise she'll expect me to bounce around Europe killing human traffikers next time she's kidnapped.

I'm not disputing your 'desire' to avenge etc but unlike fantasy dad Liam Neeson, you wouldnt have access to weapons, training, French inside connections et al. You'd most likely have to get a Visa before they even let you off a plane

On a side note we have the exact same number of posts!
Yeah, heaven forbid your wife (or daughter, in the context of the movie) expect you to act during her kidnapping. I'm sure they'll appreciate your diligent non-interference.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
As a massive fan of the first one im just gonna hope this is one of those times me and Bob don't see eye to eye, go and see the film and come back safe and assured that it was great... at least thats what I hope...

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
SnakeoilSage said:
Pipotchi said:
SnakeoilSage said:
Pipotchi said:
Lol Don't tell my wife that otherwise she'll expect me to bounce around Europe killing human traffikers next time she's kidnapped.

I'm not disputing your 'desire' to avenge etc but unlike fantasy dad Liam Neeson, you wouldnt have access to weapons, training, French inside connections et al. You'd most likely have to get a Visa before they even let you off a plane

On a side note we have the exact same number of posts!
Yeah, heaven forbid your wife (or daughter, in the context of the movie) expect you to act during her kidnapping. I'm sure they'll appreciate your diligent non-interference.
I'm sure my wife (or daughter) would expect me to act. However in this case the best course of action is too alert the authorities, give them all the pertinant information and then join them on the next plane in order to give them any support they need.

Whenever you see news of people who been kidnapped their families provide all the information, do appeals and fund raise to keep the story in the public eye. What they DONT do is turn up at Charles de Gaulle aiport waving a handgun wittering on about "I gots to save my daughter!"

Thats what an adult with responsibilities would do, perhaps not what an overgrown man-child would do but which do you think has the greater chance of success outside of fantasyland?

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
Is it sad that when I accidentally read the movie title as Teken 2 I was much more excited?

RavenTail

Oct 12, 2010
Meh, I liked the first one and I like Neeson so I'm still seeing it. Can't be worse then RE: Retribution.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Imp Emissary said:
Yeah, that's about what I thought when I heard this movie was coming out.

What I loved was when Liam Neeson was on Jon Stewart's show, Jon asks; "Taken 3?", and Liam just does the cutting his own neck with his hand move.

I hope he was right.
And now I'm off to watch The Daily Show, thanks!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Moeez said:
Imp Emissary said:
Yeah, that's about what I thought when I heard this movie was coming out.

What I loved was when Liam Neeson was on Jon Stewart's show, Jon asks; "Taken 3?", and Liam just does the cutting his own neck with his hand move.

I hope he was right.
And now I'm off to watch The Daily Show, thanks!
No problem friend. But, you know you really shouldn't need more of a reason to watch The Daily Show/The Colbert Report, other than the fact they are The Daily Show/The Colbert Report. ;)

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Wait, PG13?!? Taken was PG13?

Did America get a different edit or something? I distinctly remember Taken featured Liam Neeson shooting a sex trafficker in the face, repeatedly, until the gun was empty.

I also remember electro-torture via the use of nails jammed into the thighs, all on camera. As well as murder by drug overdose, kinfings, a guy getting run over and so on.

PG13?!

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Wait, PG13?!? Taken was PG13?

Did America get a different edit or something? I distinctly remember Taken featured Liam Neeson shooting a sex trafficker in the face, repeatedly, until the gun was empty.

I also remember electro-torture via the use of nails jammed into the thighs, all on camera. As well as murder by drug overdose, kinfings, a guy getting run over and so on.

PG13?!
there was no nudity and lite swearing gotta love the MPAA huh?

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Probably should've gone with Frankenweenie, Bob. At least that one has some favourable reviews behind it.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
I always wondered why, at the end of the first "Taken", Liam Neeson wasn't "taken" in by Interpol for that whole string of murders he committed. Like, you gotta figure that at some point some hapless electrician was called in and found a roasted body strapped to a chair.