Escape to the Movies: The A-Team

filmguy450

Mar 26, 2010
It was great fun! I'm glad to see you also enjoyed. It was much better than "The Losers", and while not having many brain cells, it's still a bloody blast!

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
Wait - forget the A Team, there's a second Cats and Dogs?

Don't get me wrong, Lou and whats-his-muzzle were great characters. I love Cats and Dogs, and still do. But I haven't seen it in maybe five years. A sequel? Really?

WOW.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Any movie that gives cats & dogs lips, makes them stand in unnatural poses, & has them using any kind of human body language has already flopped in my personal box office.

Bob, I know I rarely agree with your reviews of movies that I've actually seen with my own eyes, but when it comes to Micheal Bay, we agree, & that's scares me. To be so bad that people with highly different tastes both agree on the crappiness.

What, Mr. T wasn't alive enough to reprise his own role?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Did anyone expect anything more from a movie such as this?
It most certainly didn't advertise it's self as the next tear-yanking masterwork of the century.

Good review of a mov- fun time, Bob.

nathan-dts said:
Small Soldiers 2 please.
I loved the original as a child, I can only hope for a second one.
Oh, to dream...

Ian S

Aug 31, 2009
Markness said:
This movie was good. I don't get it though bob. How does this differ from transformers 2? They both had ridiculous senarios, crazy explosions and not much of a story. Why would you hate Transformers and like this?
I was thinking the same thing and I don't get it either. Bob thought ROTF was crap, yet he gave The A-Team a pass for a lot of the same reasons that he faulted ROTF for, i.e. it's a fun, mindless action flick that wasn't very deep. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with his pathological hatred for Michael Bay, which I also agree is getting old. OK, so the guy's a douchebag, but he's not the antichrist no matter how much the fanboys make him out to be.

Much of my feelings about the Transformers franchise itself have been informed by the cartoon show, which I remember as being pretty mindless and had a lot of stuff blowing up. Michael Bay also makes mindless movies where a lot of stuff blows up, so I really fail to see why so many people had a problem with him directing the Transformers movies. Because if you ask me, he was a pretty decent choice if you think about it in those terms.

In any case, when it comes time to reboot and do another series of Transformers movies, Joe Carnahan would probably be a pretty good candidate for director.

And with that, I'll probably go see The A-Team later in the week.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
because Michael Bay's definition of fun is being as obnoxious and offensive as possible. The only decent film he's ever been involved in was The Rock and that was probably because he's was scared shitless of Connery and Harris stringing him up by his junk and whacking him with electrified baseball bats for hours on end.

As for the word "fun", it has a long, long, LONG way to go before it regains its dignity again. Stuff like Batman and Robin, Stargate, Independence Day, and other mindless dross of the like is exactly why people are careful of going too lighthearted. And the funny part is they have every right to think that.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I'm happy they didn't try to ignore some of the more campy elements from the show. I'm a fan of the A-Team, but I'll have to wait until the end of July to see the movie. :(

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I saw it on Saturday and I can say, it's not half bad.

I mean, sure, you're not gonna have another Iron Man 2 summer blockbuster, but you're gonna have what everyone wants for the moment. And that is a good time with cool stunts and a cool characters.

The A-team doesn't try to create bad-ass characters that bleeds testosterone, instead, they play more on humor and insane off the top of the head kind of plans. Although the climax was a bit of a nuisance to me, it's an alright movie. One you probably won't see make a great contribution to movie-lovers everywhere, but it's enough to hold your attention for it's 2 hour run time.

The only major flaw in the entire movie is the constant change in emotion between the team, mainly Face. I'd give an example, but for the sake of those who still want to see it, I'd rather not and let them see for themselves.

omegawolfj

Feb 26, 2010
*cheers*
Excellent, I was hoping for it to be more like the old show and less like a gritty action remake. So, quite happy.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I hope we get a Small Soilders Sequel!

Good Video, and im going to see the movie next week. I think il like it.

jetsterjinx

Nov 10, 2009
Wholehearted agreement. For me, it was two hours of intense, forgettable fun. And forgettable was okay, because that means I can get it on DVD and watch it again.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
One of the reasons I love Movie Bob so much is because he often turns me onto movies I've never seen before... Which is always a good thing :) I still don't know how I hadn't heard of Smokin Aces before his review :(

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I was going to see it anyway, but thank god it is actually going to be decent!