Escape to the Movies: The A-Team

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I kinda figured The A-Team would get Bob's approval, but Smokin Aces? Feh.

There's a scene where FBI agents start shooting at a sniper in the building a quarter mile away, WITH PISTOLS AND SHOTGUNS!

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I've been looking forward to The A-Team movie, so much so that I've decided that even if I have to go alone(which isn't the norm for me) Im gonna see it. Now I often times don't give a rats ass who likes(my friends) and who hates(movie snobs like Roper) a movie, or whatever it is that Im excited for but for some reason knowing that Bob enjoyed is has me up beat about the odds that I won't leave dissapointed

Nihdrum

Feb 10, 2010
I just came back from seeing this movie.. And I can say that it's worth every penny! I have not seen the original A-team series.. (I will watch it after this though) I can say that after expecting this to be an ordinary "action movie". As in.. "yeah.. we are so freaking bad*ss and solve everything by killing stuff" I'm very positively surprised.. It had humor.. self-criticism.. And well.. It was alot of fun! Go see this movie.. It's one of those films you definitely want to buy on DVD or Blu-ray.

(I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes, English is my second language after all.)

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
solidstatemind said:
DisturbiaWolf13 said:
mad825 said:
DisturbiaWolf13 said:
Can't see this yet :( I'm on my iPhone. Why isnt there a mobile vesion of the escapist?
*sigh*
I would hate to cause a flame on this thread but even if there was a "mobile" version you would never see it on a crappy Iphone because Apple "banned" flash from their devices.

that reminds me, I need a new and better ISP as I cannot see it yet due to going past my fair usage policy :(
The Flash thing is ridiculous i know. Not that a mobile site would actually require flash. Do you or have you ever owned an iPhone?
MowDownJoe said:
That's what you get when you sell your soul to Steve Jobs. I can watch this on my Droid just fine.
Actually, You can watch this on your iPhone. I just did. You just have to be a member of the Publisher's Club, iirc.
I didn't have to donate any money to watch it on my Droid... okay, I'm harping on this, hard. Time to say "Alpha Mike Foxtrot" to this bit. (You'll get it once you see the movie.) (And I would join the Publisher's club if I wasn't dirt poor.)

Anyway, having just come back from seeing it, yeah, Bob was spot on. There's nothing intelligent to it, but it's damn fun, and left me grinning from ear to ear.

TheJwalkR

May 20, 2009
I remember cats vs dogs I never saw it however when I was a little kid I would always look at it in the rental shop and want it.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I have nothing else to say other than:
"Mystery Men was an amazing film, shut your face, or I will end you!!"

I.. want a sequel...

:(

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
Thanks Bob, that movie was really fun to watch. Great action, great planning, fun characters. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation.

By the way, did anyone else stay through the credits? I stayed through and saw the TV versions of Face and Murdock. I'm wondering if there are other versions of the film out there with the TV versions of BA and Hannibal. Did anyone stay through and see them?

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Phew, finally saw it with my friend and yes, moviebob pretty much sums it up. Its a fun time if you just want unrealistic badass action without having to think about anything.

Sanotrex

Nov 19, 2008
The only people that are allowed not know what The A-Team is, are in the age group 0-3, everyone else should know!

mptothedc

Jul 23, 2009
Is it sad I knew it was Cats n Dogs 2 from the moment I saw the trailer for the first time? Because somehow I knew it was and I wasn't even a fan of the first one. I know it's going to suck but for some strange reason I was kinda happy to see it coming back.

P.S.
I would love to see a Small Soldiers 2! xD

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Zing said:
darkstone said:
The bigger question is why did they make another toy story movie, when their original audience (I.E. me) are now in their late teens going into their 20's. i mean fair enough if it was back 5 or 6 years ago but now? I think I'll give it a pass.

And to be even relatively on topic, maybe I'll convince the family into going to see this, they've said that they're in a mood to see a movie and this looks like a winner.
I don't think you understand just how easy children are to please. You can take a five year old to TS3 and he'll enjoy it as much as an Original animated movie. It's been proven though that adults are allowed to enjoy these sorts of movies though, Look at UP and Wall-E. Both critically acclaimed and loved by children and adults alike.
Well I don't know why it took so long for them to come out with TS3 but I thought it was a clever idea to have Andy in college for the third. The original audience, as you pointed out Darkstone, is now in their upper teens and early 20's, meaning many of them (including me) are in college. So it's fitting in a way.

Whether it'll actually be any good is anyone's guess.

On topic, not quite sure what Bob has against the darker setting of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, it actually revived an otherwise dying franchise (with Batman and Robin nearly nailing the casket shut) and was the first superhero movie that I know of that garnered critical acclaim and Oscar nominations. I agree that we shouldn't be trying to do this to every franchise, but it's a bit unfair to chastise the Dark Knight for other movie's failures.

That said, I agree with Bob on this movie, the A-team was just one hell of a fun movie and that's exactly what it needed to be.

Aiberg

Oct 2, 2009
i read somewhere that if escapist were to listen critics about movie bob, they would have to cancel it because people say they can't stand him, but now that they insisted on him people like his series. I want to say, nope, i still very much don't like his comments, opinions and voice. He is the only part i don't like in escapist.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
DID NOT WATCH THE VIDEO YET I HOPE IT'S A GOOD REVIEW I REALLY DO. The A-team deserves it.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I've seen the movie a short while ago. As a fan of the series I can say it was mostly pretty good. The weakest element was sadly BA. I don't have anything against the guy playing him, but the way he delivers his lines just doesn't match up with the general BA attitude. Mr T managed to deliver every line, even the nice ones, like they were death threats. Quinton Jackson is just too mellow. But I can live with that.
The bit with the tank, that was just insane, the movie is worth seeing just for that bit of GTA3 inspired antic. Honestly, with the weight cheat in GTA3 I used to fly the tank and land it in just about the same fashion.

SamStar42

Oct 16, 2009
Jackel86 said:
Tharticus said:
I was kinda expecting Bob to review The Karate Kid remake but I guess that the A-Team is good enough. A double review feature would be nice.
Well, I don't think anything substantial comes out next week. Maybe he'll do it then.
Apart from, you know...Toy Story 3.

Might go and see A-Team, it looks entertaining, need to get people to see it with first. Hmm.

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
Pretty much expected this review from Bob. I wanna see the A-team, looks like a fun movie. Fun. Yeah I remember that =]