Escape to the Movies: The A-Team

Blanemcc

Jan 2, 2009
J03bot said:
dashiz94 said:
Oh and one more thing, I would LOVE a Small Soldiers 2
*high-fives*
Thank you, I'm not the only one who remembers it. Small Soldiers was awesome, and I would happily have a sequel. Were it not for the fact that there was nowhere for the story to go. Definitely time to re-watch the original!

I seem to have paused the video at the one minute mark just to comment about Small Soldiers. Back to the A-team...
DEMOLITION IS MY MISSION.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I saw Karate Kid today instead of the A-Team.
I must say that the new Karate Kid is great. I loved the old one, but I really love the new one!

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
The question I have is... does A-Team fire make it through intact or does someone actually get hit with small arms fire in this movie?

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
DisturbiaWolf13 said:
mad825 said:
DisturbiaWolf13 said:
Can't see this yet :( I'm on my iPhone. Why isnt there a mobile vesion of the escapist?
*sigh*
I would hate to cause a flame on this thread but even if there was a "mobile" version you would never see it on a crappy Iphone because Apple "banned" flash from their devices.

that reminds me, I need a new and better ISP as I cannot see it yet due to going past my fair usage policy :(
The Flash thing is ridiculous i know. Not that a mobile site would actually require flash. Do you or have you ever owned an iPhone?
MowDownJoe said:
That's what you get when you sell your soul to Steve Jobs. I can watch this on my Droid just fine.
Actually, You can watch this on your iPhone. I just did. You just have to be a member of the Publisher's Club, iirc.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Sounds awesome. Course I want to see any movie with Liam Neison in it, but now that I know the actor from District 9 is also in it, I am so there. It looked and it's good to know that it is. Great point about how every action film seems to be all dark and gritty now.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
I went to the movies tonight and watched the A-Team. And yes, it's a funny action-movie and definitely worth a look. But, I had one major gripe about it: the camera-work during sequences with a lot of action is awful. It's too dark and too close making whatever happening on-screen looking like a major clusterfuck. I was psyched to see 'Rampage' Jackson as Baracus and looked forward to his fight-sequences. I mean, a UFC fighter would surely have some great brawls in a movie right? Hell if I know, I couldn't see what was going on.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
J03bot said:
dashiz94 said:
Oh and one more thing, I would LOVE a Small Soldiers 2
*high-fives*
Thank you, I'm not the only one who remembers it. Small Soldiers was awesome, and I would happily have a sequel. Were it not for the fact that there was nowhere for the story to go. Definitely time to re-watch the original!

I seem to have paused the video at the one minute mark just to comment about Small Soldiers. Back to the A-team...
I have an idea for the Small Soldiers 2 plot... But I'm going off my memory of the film, which I haven't watched in a long time.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Gahhhh, I wanna see this soo bad but I am no where near friends and do not have a car. FUCK FAMILY REUNIONS!!!!!

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Well, off to the movies tonight for A team it is. I have not seen one of these kind of movies in ages, one that a person actually just has fun watching. Good review once again.

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
Actually, I'm not that surprised that Marvel Films is going with Ultimate Captain America and Straczynski Thor Reborn. Both costume designs were created with a mind for more realism. So in makes sense that the movie costumes would be fairly close.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
This movie was definitely fun. I enjoyed every moment of it, and as an elderly chap said as he was leaving the theatre, "It was worth every penny."

Ender_2

Jun 12, 2010
very informative. I agrewe with nearly everything except for the part about the Losers being a knock off of the A Team. Considering that the A-Team was created in 1983, and the original storylines for the Losers began in the early 1960's and had its own comic series by the early 70's. If anything, the inspiration for the A-Team came from the Losers, not the other way around.

soultwister

Nov 26, 2009
The movie is same as most block busters since the last couple years, it makes your brain seriously dumb as shit, but the explosions are fun, so if you want entertaiment, it's money well spent. If you saw Star Trek, it's about exactly the same, exept it's written in character and thus isn't a massive fuck you to the fans. You know, actually it's nice that for once even if someone is making annother fucking remake or milk a franchise, they 'least know their audience.

Nobody is going to replace Mr. T, though. The movie really lacks in the departament, since ev'rybody knew who Mr. T was. He was a character outside the series.

Jackel86

May 3, 2008
Tharticus said:
I was kinda expecting Bob to review The Karate Kid remake but I guess that the A-Team is good enough. A double review feature would be nice.
Well, I don't think anything substantial comes out next week. Maybe he'll do it then.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
You know I had happily forgotten hotel for dogs until now, thanks bob!

That aside Liam Neeson is in the A team therefore I have to see it.

Chocolate Source

Jul 17, 2008
Saw A-Team yesterday, it was awesome. Just lots of crazy stunts, things blowing up and great one liners, it'll be one of the incredibly few movies I go to see twice at the cinema.

PS Cats rule.

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
This movie was good. I don't get it though bob. How does this differ from transformers 2? They both had ridiculous senarios, crazy explosions and not much of a story. Why would you hate Transformers and like this?