Escape to the Movies: The Amazing Spider-Man

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Amazing Spider-Man

MovieBob comes to you with a very special Tuesday episode to find out just how amazing is The Amazing Spider-Man.

Watch Video

rayen020

May 20, 2009
never planned to see it and now i'll make sure not to.

Also why do all your tuesday reviews have movies that suck?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I wasn't planning on seeing it in the first place, because from what I gathered from the trailers it was going to be bad, and I guess Bob is telling us: Watch at your own peril.

SO, yeah.... I'll skip it.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Ouch! That was harsh. Sure, I wouldn't be suprised if it were all true, but still, harsh.

Are we still getting a friday episode or was this it for the week?

rayen020 said:
Also why do all your tuesday reviews have movies that suck?
Probably because he drops a review early to warn people not to go see it as soon as he can.

blurredplacebo

something should go in here
Jan 25, 2010
cheers bob, glad to know the stink that haunted this through production is still on it.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Sooo, Bob didn't like it.

The reviews for this film have really been all over the place and seeing as I didn't think the Green Lantern was actually that bad Bob saying its (very slightly) better won't change my plans to go see it after work tomorrow.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Wow, thoughest review since The Expendables.

I thought the suit looked better than the other movies one.

I think they changed it because the didn't want to make the same movies just with other actors, i dont think you would praise it if they did.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yesh, I haven't seen you rage that much since the Green Lantern review. From the sound of it, it seen this year isn't good for Spider-man per say (well I don't know what going with him in the comic but I do know that Ultimate Spider-man is aweful).

Either way it look like my question had been answer to wheather to watch this or Prometheus if I'm going to the cinema any time soon before The Dark Knight Rises.

FastLogan2400

Aug 11, 2009
Ouch. I was really hoping this movie wasn't going to suck as hard as everyone thought it was going to, but now I'm definitely not seeing it after hearing this.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Woah, that's harsh. I almost feel bad about it now but... i liked it. I really really liked it. Maybe more than i liked Sam Raimis first Spiderman. Uh... so... i guess i have terrible taste in movies. Guess i have to work on that.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Seems to me all the complaints have been based on your conceptions of classical spider man. i did not see any complaints on the movie as a movie itself apart from CGI and the lizard character. you go thru saying peter parker is emo, skater, slacker. you would have prefered a single stereotyped character? it seems to me he is more of a normal person, more grounded on reality. a real person =/= stereotype. i dunno, it just seems silly to bash a movie because it bashes your notions of spider man, such as uncle bens death and his parents and relations.

i would not take this review as is people. it stinks of fanboy wishes being broken, causing an aggravation of his opinion on the movie.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Well, at least the tie-in movie video game is decent...

The worst thing is that one of friends is super pumped for this movie and now she's gonna be all disappointed.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
soooo glad movies not good, co-workers bet me it was gonna be awesome hah am i gonna be rich! now i just hope my prediction for dark knight rises is right

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
I go to see nearly every super-hero movie, sometimes just out of morbid curiosity. But I was thinking about giving this one a pass completely. everything about the trailers and promotion of this movie has convinced me that it's likely to suck. I keep wishing it didn't happen, so that the rights would revert to Marvel, who have been doing a really good job with their own movies. Bob venting this much bile though has me wondering, could it really be that bad? Hopefully, it'll hit the second run theater soon. So it won't matter much to the studio's profits when I go to see how bad it is just so I can make fun of it later.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I was hoping for Andrew Garfield's sake that it would be good. I was actually hoping that it would be good so I could feel a bit smug at the people who said (it will be terrible, because we "know" films and we "know" better than you).