Escape to the Movies: The Hangover 2

Turing '88

Feb 24, 2011
Glad to see a lot of people disagreeing with Bob on this one. Yeah it's not the best movie ever, or even as good as the first. It was never going to be. I still laughed at it though, and didn't regret spending money to see it. I also thought Scott Pilgrim was a distinctly average movie, but agreed with Bob about Watchmen being a great movie.

The Hangover 2 was a few laughs and something to do for a couple of hours, it's not meant to make you think or stimulate you mentally. I also found the transsexual scene funny, does that mean I hate transsexuals or that I think they're wrong or gross? No, not in the slightest. It could just have easily been any of the other standard tropes like a horrible fat chick, an old lady, someone incredibly ugly, a man... etc. The point was that he had sex with someone who was extremely sexually unappealing to him. That a straight man does not want to have sex with someone who has a penis is not offensive to anybody.

This was just the millionth example of 'coyote ugly' in a film or on tv.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I thought the movie was funny. Although I can agree that it did follow a little too closely to the first movie.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
uh...well see it's when MovieBob goes off like this that I'm sort of put off
still he really nailed it in the opening before he started his rant...if I wanted to hear (see) a fat man belly achin' there's Jimquisition but no thanks :p nooo
can't say I ever looked into the first Hangover film that deeply...it was pretty funny but it's not one of my favs, not by a longshot
still I gotta say, I gotta agree with a lotta points MovieBob makes, but it does make me feel that sometimes...

Battle Catman said:
Bob, you should just preface your reviews with a note saying:

"Yes, this is one of THOSE movies--the ones I personally don't like so if you go see it and enjoy it, I will label you an idiot and blame you for bad movies."

OR

"I liked this movie, so it's either a surefire hit anyway (superhero movies), some foreign film that most people will gloss over ('cause they're idiots), or a movie that's going to bomb at the box office because stupid people (like you) don't appreciate things like I do."
^pretty much that haha

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Jamie Wroe said:
Glad to see a lot of people disagreeing with Bob on this one. Yeah it's not the best movie ever, or even as good as the first. It was never going to be. I still laughed at it though, and didn't regret spending money to see it. I also thought Scott Pilgrim was a distinctly average movie, but agreed with Bob about Watchmen being a great movie.

The Hangover 2 was a few laughs and something to do for a couple of hours, it's not meant to make you think or stimulate you mentally. I also found the transsexual scene funny, does that mean I hate transsexuals or that I think they're wrong or gross? No, not in the slightest. It could just have easily been any of the other standard tropes like a horrible fat chick, an old lady, someone incredibly ugly, a man... etc. The point was that he had sex with someone who was extremely sexually unappealing to him. That a straight man does not want to have sex with someone who has a penis is not offensive to anybody.

This was just the millionth example of 'coyote ugly' in a film or on tv.
you make a good point with that scene
MovieBob I think felt a bit personally offended cuz he felt the film directly attacked a political or whatnot belief that he holds

but no yea I felt it was just a fat chick joke that became a transexual person joke because the movie makers read some reports about there being a lot of them in Thailand or something (yeah I read about it on Cracked and/or Yahoo)

Ready2Go

Jun 7, 2010
I have to say Bob REALLY misread the whole transexual scene, they weren't grossed out about transexuals or saying being a tranny is wrong. they were just shock that they ingauged in homosexual inter course and stu cheated on his wife.