Escape to the Movies: The Hangover 2

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I thought the first one was highly overrated. Ergo, I expected nothing less than failure from the sequel. Glad to know I was on the ball here.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I think people have forgotten the reason they go to movies, we go to be entertained, not to speculate. I loved the Hangover Part 2, It was funny and had new material and old material (which makes you say "oh, haha, I remember that"). Here's the thing, I believe MovieBob went into the theater as a reviewer first and audience member second (which is the problem with most reviewers and critics). I believe he went to this movie with the mindset that it was going to be bad and while in the movie only focused on the bad parts (for the review) that he blocked out some of the good parts. If you like comedy and have the will to be entertained, go see this movie.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Tim_Buoy said:
Cliff_m85 said:
*shrugs* I like the movie, and yes I did laugh at the transsexual scene. I knew it was coming, but I enjoyed the reactions of the Wolfpack.

And to me, the monkey was much funnier than the baby. Sure it may be a reheated left-over, but I knew what I was walking into. The only real portion I didn't enjoy was the shrugging off of the missing appendage later on. That seemed lazy.
yeah i was wondering about that near the end. i also found alans character to be more aggravating than funny this time around
That ending really left a bad taste in my mouth.

"I love your daughter with all my heart and although I had sex with a man last night and caused your son to loose a finger I hope you give me your blessing."

"Even though I have hated you so far for being boring I now see different, please marry my daughter."

Yeeeeeeah, how bout nooooooo.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I thought the first was funny, and I might see the second, but im not blind to the fact the movie is only made to make money off of recognition.

Also, could you have just made a shorter Escape to the movies, than waste 2 minutes and 30 seconds on the crap at the beginning?

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
I liked the first one, as I had a couple of those black out moments myself. But watching this really puts me of the sequel. I liked how Bob was creative with the story at the beginning, funny stuff. But probably if it wasn't there the whole episode would have been like 3 minutes long, because there's just not much to talk about with regards to this movie.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Haseo21 said:
I think people have forgotten the reason they go to movies, we go to be entertained, not to speculate. I loved the Hangover Part 2, It was funny and had new material and old material (which makes you say "oh, haha, I remember that"). Here's the thing, I believe MovieBob went into the theater as a reviewer first and audience member second (which is the problem with most reviewers and critics). I believe he went to this movie with the mindset that it was going to be bad and while in the movie only focused on the bad parts (for the review) that he blocked out some of the good parts. If you like comedy and have the will to be entertained, go see this movie.
Thats all true but theres nothing wrong with asking for those in power to try harder. Especially when they get paid by you to do it.

Despite my previous comments I liked some parts of it. The monkey was just a replacment for the baby but the scenes where funnier.

"I wish monkeys could Skypt" that line made me giggle.

And I still really enjoyed Chows character.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Y'see I didnt mind the first one so much, it was average, pretty funny in places some amusing cameos.

My problem with these movies is deeper, namely that comedies are not built to last these days they are so full of easy sight gags and pop culture references that in ten years we wont even remember them.

Comedies like The Producers, Some like it hot, This is Spinal Tap and Airplane are funny enough to last but since maybe Zoolander/Anchorman they seem pretty fly by night. Not saying that movies today are not funny Kickass was hilarious just that our comedies are not that funny.

DearFilm

Mar 18, 2011
Saw this movie to review on my own site, and I gotta say, if you liked the first one, stay the hell away from this one. It retroactively made me like the first one less.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
While I wasn't expecting a full review, I was hoping Bob would sound off on Kung Fu Panda 2. Still debating if I should see that one or not.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
This is the first I'd heard of Attack the Block, so I googled the trailer. Holy. Shit. That looks awesome. There better be a U.S. release date.

Oh, and blah blah blah insert movie Bob reviewed blab blah blahbity blah.

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
I agree with quite a few people here, Attack the Block was great why can't that get reviewed rather than something he's just going to complain about?
HankMan said:
Attack the Block is even better than I've heard?
That wouldn't be to hard, since this is the first I've heard of it.
I'm disappointed in you HankMan this is the first time i've not seen you make a YEAAAAAH worthy pun

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Did anyone else laugh at "Ken Jeong and the Tiger are now the same character" mainly because of him being El Tigre in Community?

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I didn't think much of the first one to be honest though i really hate it when everyone's describing something as hilarious and saying "I MUST SEE" something guess i understand the people who hate the wire after everyone telling them the same.