Escape to the Movies: The Hangover 2

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Hangover 2

A smoking monkey is just as funny as a lost baby, right? Right?

Watch Video

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Sounds almost exactly like what I expected when I heard "Hangover 2" was being made.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Its sad to see them make sequels just for a quick cash grab instead of just trying to make a good movie.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Ya know, there's a less patronising way of saying its there to grab cash and nothing more.

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
i saw it and it was a cash grab but i still enjoyed it oh and i didnt think the transexual scene was as bad as you made it out to be

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
Wish He'd Reviewed the insanely good Attack the block.

I cant say i though this would be any good. The first one was its own little bubble, a sequel just looked like a shameless cash grab. Also the Rabbit man will haunt my dreams.

4 PEOPLE IN A ROW SAID CASH GRAB, WE HAVE A WINNER! NOONE!

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
I love how this review was done, but I've got to disagree on one point. You can't really watch hangover more than once. If you do, then you go in with all the surprises ruined and it's just not the same...

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I'd like more story time with Moviebob. I had a feeling that The Hangover II would suck when they said they were making a sequel.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
linkvegeta said:
Its sad to see them make sequels just for a quick cash grab instead of just trying to make a good movie.
Was this new to you? Welcome to the world.

Satisfying review. I didn't like the first one at all. It was vulgar, crude, had douchy characters and just wasn't all that funny.

And fuck, I still have that ad for this movie playing in my head, thanks to Gametrailers.com. "We're the three best friends that anyone could have, and we'll never..." AAAAAAAH SHUT UP!!

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
Attack the block is good? Possible to get a review of it?

Pity about the film being hit with the dreaded movie Exec Cash-in plague or MECP.

TheFederation

Mar 29, 2011
is it me, or are all the big movies for the next couple of months either sequels or reboots or adaptations

Panayjon

Aug 12, 2008
I'll still watch it. Except not. Probably.

Living in Thailand, if it really paints it in such a poor light as implied by MovieBob, I'll bet its only half as long. Damn censors. Then again, it wasn't outright banned.

So, I guess my question is:

How badly did Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Frog use Thailand as the butt-end of the joke?

The Naked Emperor

Jan 5, 2011
Bob, if you're gonna do storylines this is how to do it. Loved the opening to this one; caught me totally off guard and got a few good chuckles out of me. Well done.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
TheFederation said:
is it me, or are all the big movies for the next couple of months either sequels or reboots or adaptations
Just thinking the same thing. Why make a new movie with a new story when you can rehash an old story.

Then again Marvel is wheeling out Thor, Captian America, and X-Men First Class, and other studios may be thinking we can't really compete against those this year, so lets make cheap squeals instead of waste money on new properties.