Escape to the Movies: The Lego Movie

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Lego Movie

MovieBob takes a look at the wonderfully well-constructed The Lego Movie.

Watch Video

Apr 17, 2009
Who wants to bet that the Justice League appearing is this movie is going to come off better than the actual Justice League movie WB are doing?

Still a week until this movie comes out around my parts, unfortunately. Still, I've been grinning in anticipation for a month now, my cheeks can last another week

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I will get to see this in Two weeks when I move to a new town, so until then, I loved the review. I will have to see it before I declare it "Best of 2014" in February, but I'm really, really, really looking forward to this.

My only question: Is Wonder Woman just a joke in this movie, or does she get some screen-time? And what of most of the Justice League (It's my understanding that Green Lantern is in this as well)?

I really want to see this. I'm looking forward to it. Great review.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Well, the last time you told me to go see a movie without finishing the review was Frozen and that was one of the best tings ever, so...... I'm sold.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
I haven't known what to think about this movie for a long time, and all the good reviews just make me more confused. Morgan Freeman as god/wizard and the Justice League from superdickery.com combine with the praise to 503 my brain.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
This video made me very happy. I've been following the LEGO movie pretty closely hoping for the best and it sounds like they nailed it.

Thanks Bob! :)

franksands

Dec 6, 2010
I wanted my friday fix of Escape to the Movies, but if it is that good, I'll wait until I actually go to the movies before watching this review

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
If this were just a feature-length stop-motion film made by a fan, I'd still go and watch it. People scoff at such things, but have you seen some of the ones up on YouTube? They're frankly very impressive.

That, by the way, was made by the same person who did this significantly more popular video:

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Did Bob do any spoilers? I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying, my brain was just going "LEGOLEGOLEGOLEGOLEGOLEGOLEGO...." You get the idea.

Lt. Rocky

Jan 4, 2012
Just knowing that this movie was made by the two fellows who made Clone High is more than enough a reason to see it. Seriously, if you've seen that show at all, you should have a good understanding of what delightful childish anarchy this movie should contain.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I now seek to slightly change the topic.

What was your favorite Lego set as a kid/adult?

I have no idea how much Lego celebrates their past in this movie, but these two were my utmost favorites:

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
luvd1 said:
Did Bob do any spoilers? I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying, my brain was just going "LEGOLEGOLEGOLEGOLEGOLEGOLEGO...." You get the idea.
Yeah... between his fast-paced delivery and the frenetic Lego clips, I have no idea what was actually said. I just sat here with a huge grin on my face going "THIS. LOOKS. AWESOME." Was going to see it anyway, because I've loved Legos since I was three years old, but hearing that it's actually a good movie is icing on the cake.

Yay cake!

EDIT:
Trishbot said:

One of my grandmother's, actually:

That's right. My grandmother was into the old Castle systems. I still remember helping her build that thing (it felt huge, at the time) on the kitchen table the night she brought it home. She used to tease me about having 'eagle eyes' because I had a knack for finding all the little pieces in the pile.

...I miss her. :'(

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Never have I stopped watching a review based on your recommendation to stop. I'm gonna watch this movie as soon as possible.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
well that?s incredibly unexpected, I was hoping that this movie was good but I didn?t expect it to be this good, unless this review is a massive joke I?m going to watch this movie as soon as possible.

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
Oh god I can't wait to see this now. I knew it was gonna be interesting at the very least, but it sounds like it was made with the imagination and sense of wonder of an 8-year-old me....and I'm loving it.

Apr 17, 2009
Trishbot said:

This: http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/large/6982-1.jpg
Favourite as a kid because "omg huge spaceship pewpewzoooom!". Favourite as an adult because of nostalgia and because I can appreciate the intricacies of the wing design (you can unlock them so they swing down and open up the housing for that telescope/laser cannon

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Guess I'll have to see it! I didn't even know this was coming out, but I love Lego and it sounds like it's actually good!