Escape to the Movies: The Muppets

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
Awesome video as always Bob. One question: Why the Hell didn't you review The Tree of Life or Melancholia?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Now I demand reviews of Hugo and A Dangerous Method.

Also, who wants to guess we're gonna hear more bitching about Bob talking about a Nintendo franchise.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
MSfire012 said:
Awesome video as always Bob. One question: Why the Hell didn't you review The Tree of Life or Melancholia?
Because "The Muppets", man...
"The Muppets"!!!
OT, well-done Bob. It's never easy to review something you loved, and this was well-executed :)

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Wait, so a human and a muppet are brothers....did their father happen to be masturbating into a sock and somehow it spawned the muppet child?
Someone please explain in what twisted logic this makes sense?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Good to know that there are stilla good reboot out there in the film industry. Honestly if this is suppose to be a comeback to be back into television for kids they will need to make some changes to it for that to happen (so that it doesn't fell outdated).

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
I'm so jealous of America right now. I live in the UK and we have to wait until FEBRUARY to see the movie! :'(

CronoT

May 15, 2010
I went to go see it opening day, and it was worth it. All the humor and kitsch was there, and the funniest parts for the adults was the constant 4th Wall jokes.

Also, while it is admittedly creepy that a grown man in his 30's went to go see this by himself, all the kids I saw in the audience LOVED it. Also, the Moopets (small spoilers) being "made for today" by being edgy and cynical, while the Muppets keeping their whimsical charm and innocence is a great commentary on Children's Entertainment. Also, the comment on today's excuse for children's TV was SPOT ON.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Unfortunately my love for the Muppets died with Mr. Henson.

It just wasn't the same after that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Rednog said:
Wait, so a human and a muppet are brothers....did their father happen to be masturbating into a sock and somehow it spawned the muppet child?
You're trying to make sense of something in a movie where sock puppets can sing and dance?

Why can't they get freaky with humans?

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
I wonder what will happen if America does pass some more stupid laws. I mean, as a Canadian, I'm not directly affected. It will more be a matter of trying to convince our government not to follow suit, and thankfully we will have any fallout from the passing of the law as evidence against it. There are advantages to not going first.

Also, Bob, it's a nice attempt to get people onboard, but I've never seen any evidence of grassroots movements accomplishing much in the states. They tend to either be ignored, or if they get large enough they get made into punchlines for newscasters. After all, one dork always misspells something on his sign, or gets publicity for the cause in exactly the wrong way.

I was under the (outsider and very possibly mistaken) impression that American government was mostly run by lobby groups and more codified organizations, all made up of voters but with the backings of powerful companies or wealthy individuals. Not so much a government for sale, as it is a flocking of voters under the banners of those more with more money and influence. A simple letter-writing campaign simply can't be heard over the dull roar of 300 million constituents, but enough financing can be.

OT: Muppets rock, but I don't know if I can forgive Segel for Bad Teacher. That was the worst movie I've seen outside of MST3K. Anything that bad needs Crow and Tom Servo making fun of it.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I saw Neil Patrick Harris so consider me sold.

Rednog said:
Well its a relatively simple process really. You see, both the male and female gametes have half of the genes from the respective parent and the gene for muppetism is recessive meaning that it only appears if there is no dominant allele is present. To get both a human and a puppet child, both of the parents must have been heterozygous for the muppetism gene (meaning that they are both human, but carry the recessive gene). If you do a Punnet square of this you would see that the ratio of human to muppet children is 3:1 or they have roughly 25% chance of having a muppet child.

Genetics: its magical.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Movie rule no. 1:
Muppet version of movie >>> original version of movie

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
That SOPA business is some heavy stuff... Good thing we've got The Muppets to lighten things up!

Seriously, I didn't need to see this review to decide whether or not I want to see this movie, I'm there!

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
yellowhead said:
I'm so jealous of America right now. I live in the UK and we have to wait until FEBRUARY to see the movie! :'(
Wait...FEBRUARY?! I thought it was at the end of December!