Escape to the Movies: The Raid 2 - Brutally Intense, Action-Filled, And Very Good

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Raid 2 - Brutally Intense, Action-Filled, And Very Good

MovieBob takes a gander at The Raid 2, an Indonesian action film that's full of incredible action.

Watch Video

Airon

Jan 8, 2012
Nice. Now I have to see this too. Thankfully "ze Germans" do great dubs, so I won't need to study subtitles.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This

seems

so

AWESOME!!!!

Loved the first one, people saying the second one is THAT much better!
Can't wait :D

Jacco

May 1, 2011
I liked the Raid so seeing it taken to the next level is gonna be sweet. And the baseball bat guy looks freaking awesome. Like Wolverine with pencak. lol

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
love the first movie.
just weird that even i live in hong kong, that none of the cinemas have it on the list. to even in the coming soon section. which is weird because the first one was everywhere in cinemas in hong kong.
hope this will change soon, otherwise i hope very much then that it will be at least available on dvd.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Yeah, I can't believe that they got Micheal Bay to do the new He Man movie. That'd make me a Sad Skeletor alright.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Hopefully I can see it since all the theaters that are showing it are pretty far away....

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Is this going to be more like the first half of the first movie, or the second half? If it's like the first half, then sign me up. If it's like the second half, then I'll skip since I don't care about watching an unbeatable super badass vanquish 30 dudes like it's nothing, or fight scenes that last so long I just start cleaning up my place out of boredom.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
"Go see it"

Will do. It looks great, and I'm a fan of confusing bullshit plots.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I SO have to find The Raid before seeing this. It looks off-the-wall crazy awesome!
walsfeo said:
Yeah, I can't believe that they got Micheal Bay to do the new He Man movie. That'd make me a Sad Skeletor alright.
Wait, WHAT?! Is Bay the go-to guy now for these kinds of movies?!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Now I have a strong feeling that I will be watching it this Christmas when my bro bring the film over since that what he did with the first film which I loved it!

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I really liked the first Raid but I feel like it kind of peaked with that hallway scene, however the Raid 2 seems to be a more evenly with all the other characters.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
I SO have to find The Raid before seeing this. It looks off-the-wall crazy awesome!
walsfeo said:
Wait, WHAT?! Is Bay the go-to guy now for these kinds of movies?!
Before this gets out of hand - I was just trying to make sad Skeletor seem relevant. I have no proof about He-Bay.

Tukadian

Sep 22, 2010
Man, I'm so relieved. I absolutely loved the first movie and loudly proclaimed it to be one of my favourite martial arts movies, up there with Ong Bak and Where's My Elephant (The Protector) for me. I was pretty hyped over the sequel and now I'm basically vibrating waiting to see this.
So many movies with such great potential this year, and with one of them totally exceeding my expectations already (The Lego Movie), I am just plain giddy for the summer.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Mopey Skeletor? Oh come on Bob, getting the Kick-Ass writer attached to the He-Man movie reboot isn't *that* bad news.