Escape to the Movies: The Sitter

Jan 27, 2011
lozfoe444 said:
That Three Stooges trailer. Why aren't I laughing? There's physical comedy, goofy characters... so what are they doing wrong? Why aren't I laughing?
Simple. Because it isn't funny. It's three dudes acting like mindless 3 year old pricks, and acting like they just got inserted into a sandbox game, so now they're gonna troll the !@#$ out of everything because there are no penalties. It's the kind of thing that's only funny to the guy doing it.

It's the kind of humor aliens might come up with if they only had the BAREST sense of what makes us laugh. And I bet they would also be asking "Why aren't the humans laughing?".

I don't know/care about the 3 stooges, and that trailer made me want to barf. Do they honestly expect anyone to LAUGH at that? Oy....

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Markunator said:
Aureliano said:
It couldn't have been side-splittingly funny, but I was happy to finally see an entertaining movie with some heart that wasn't Oscarbation (and thereby lacking in actual entertainment value, heart or balls of any kind).
Not all movies that go for Oscars are like that. A lot of them are actually good, mind you.
I think the term 'oscarbation' tends to refer to the practice of making movies which solely exist for the purpose of winning Oscars and nothing else. Tweaking a movie's story to make it have more committee appeal is not the same thing as making, say, The King's Speech.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

What have they done to the three stooges? No. Do not want.

Also I'll pass on The Sitter. I'll take your word on it not being funny.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Three Stooges movie is a terrible idea all around. Nobody cares about them anymore except for die-hard devotees who delude themselves into thinking they are actually funny and would NEVER accept any kind of reboot/remake as legit anyway. The only way to make a real Stooges movie is to make something truly terrible and devoid of any modern sensibilities, but why? Let the irrelivant stupidity die.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Am I the only person who laughed at that last part where he shoves the lobster down that guy's pants? Everything else from The Three Stooges footage was pretty meh.