Escape to the Movies: The Sitter

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Sitter

Would you really trust this guy to look after your kids?

Watch Video

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Wow.. that Stooges movie looks.. I can't even think of a word because every one that comes to mind just doesn't express the pure horribleness it requires.

The Sitter really does look postively great in comparison.

obliterate

Sep 2, 2009
Bob, I adore you. And I never question your opinion. But why the hell would you pick a braindead movie like this over a movie based on probably the best spy thriller ever. I was looking forward to the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy review so much. Ah well, now I have to read some mediocre reviews.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that movie (Stooges) looks terrible. Hollywood, please, please just stop. I hope Tin Tin doesn't suck...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Okay, I apparently have no clue what the Stooges are really about because I don't know what's so terrible about that movie trailer. I thought they were SUPPOSED to be a bunch of slapstick humor guys with funny accents.
Is it maybe the sexist undertone or the fact that the Stooges only trouble other people?

jhlip

Feb 17, 2011
My response to the stooges trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I'm getting quite sick of these stupid "comedy" movies that just seem to revolve around a fat guy/fat guy with a beard getting hit or just screaming at things. I seriously havn't seen a recent com-flick that I've actually liked.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm not really familiar with the Stooges (sure, I know about them, but never really seen any actual stuff by them, doesn't strike as the kind of comedy I like), so I'm not really apalled at that, but it seems even more unneeded than most remakes.

Since there doesn't seem to be any need to make comedy like that up-to-date, since the old stuff works just as well now it did back then.

I assume.

jFr[e said:
ak93] I hope Tin Tin doesn't suck...
I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's filled with way too much non-stop action and running around, with no character development or slow moments that build up to something.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok first thing, WFH with the three stooges update? What's next a updated film verson to Laurel and Hardy or Charlie Chaplin??? (Don't you dare touch them Hollywood!)

I never heard of this film until now and from your review it look like it was for the best that I was unaware of it.

Mr Fist

Jun 16, 2010
I was hoping you would have brought up director David Gordon Green and the change between his dramas and comedies.

D'oh well.

TyrunnAlberyn

Apr 1, 2010
jFr[e said:
ak93]I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that movie (Stooges) looks terrible. Hollywood, please, please just stop. I hope Tin Tin doesn't suck...
As a European who already got to see the movie and grew up on Tin Tin comics back in the day, I can safely say I was not disappointed with the movie.

That Stooges thing looks god-awful. Also, not everything that is old needs to be remade Hollywood.

The Sitter seems decent enough for me to watch, eventually, even if it lacks a certain oomph.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
What the hell is up with that Stooges movie? I mean... it doesn't even look like some bad comedy trying to cash in on a famous comedy group. It looks like a parody of a bad comedy trying to cash in on a famous comedy troup. That's just kinda horrible.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
obliterate said:
Bob, I adore you. And I never question your opinion. But why the hell would you pick a braindead movie like this over a movie based on probably the best spy thriller ever. I was looking forward to the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy review so much. Ah well, now I have to read some mediocre reviews.
I guess it was because its on very, very, very few theaters (single digit few) in all of america.

Still, I guess there must be some other movies I would rather see reviewed. Against my better judgement, I have read some good things about Young Adult...

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Sorry Bob, but it's that time of the year where most of the good movies are not out yet. Now it's focused on family movies who tend not to push to the limit not one bit.

PS: not that there are not family movies who do that like: Toy Story, Up, Shrek (only the first) and a few others.