Escape to the Movies: The Sitter

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
That Three Stooges trailer. Why aren't I laughing? There's physical comedy, goofy characters... so what are they doing wrong? Why aren't I laughing?

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Well at least one of them poked Snooki in the eye, that's good right? Yes.......kinda.......damn.

obliterate

Sep 2, 2009
hermes200 said:
obliterate said:
Bob, I adore you. And I never question your opinion. But why the hell would you pick a braindead movie like this over a movie based on probably the best spy thriller ever. I was looking forward to the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy review so much. Ah well, now I have to read some mediocre reviews.
I guess it was because its on very, very, very few theaters (single digit few) in all of america.

Still, I guess there must be some other movies I would rather see reviewed. Against my better judgement, I have read some good things about Young Adult...
Young Adult is really good. I am going to watch it tommorow probably. Still I really really want to see a review from Bob on the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy movie.

obliterate

Sep 2, 2009
hermes200 said:
obliterate said:
Bob, I adore you. And I never question your opinion. But why the hell would you pick a braindead movie like this over a movie based on probably the best spy thriller ever. I was looking forward to the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy review so much. Ah well, now I have to read some mediocre reviews.
I guess it was because its on very, very, very few theaters (single digit few) in all of america.

Still, I guess there must be some other movies I would rather see reviewed. Against my better judgement, I have read some good things about Young Adult...
Young Adult is really good. I am going to watch it tommorow probably. Still I really really want to see a review from Bob on the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy movie.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
The only thing i like about the three stooges movie is that it's a collection of 3 short stories instead of a single 90 long story. At least they got that aspect right.

Oh, and before anyone asks - Kate Upton

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
Watching the Three Stooges trailer, my only thought is: "Is Three Stooges humor even relevant these days?" Three Stooges was also a non sequential skit about three bumbling dudes in various situations, doing crude and painful-looking slapstick and the occasional ogling of women. I liked watching them as a child when, I think, AMC was doing the NYUK thing, but I think part of the humor is that BECAUSE it was that old era. I dunno. What do you think?

EDIT: For fun, Leslie Nielsen's intro to N.Y.U.K. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47PbUJIfKA

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
That Three Stooges trailer was PAINFUL. I swear I could feel my eyes being gauged out by mere proximity.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Well, at least Will Sasso looks the part of Curly...and come on, who doesn't want to hurt Snookie? I mean really.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
So i gather that you wont be needing to trash the overstuffed pos that is New Years Eve as its hey look lots of celebs please watch already gives it a bad smell?

Oh is it bad that I laughed at snooki getting the double eye poke?

Overall though why the Three stooges? its comedy style is terribly dated

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Having already seen the trailer to this new Stooges on one of Bob's blogs, I'm slightly immune to how awful that abomination looks. Immunity aside, damn is that painful to watch.

Also, am I the only one who just got generally tired of Jonah Hill long ago?

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Since this about the movie and not the abomination of a trailer *God, if you exist, please keep Hollywood away from Laurel and Hardy... at least until I die*

The movie almost sounds interesting... might rent the DVD...

For the 3 worst comedians, I would buy the DVD so I can destroy, just like I plan to do for Spiderman 2 (on PC)

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
LOL lowered expectations damn you just made me nostalgia hard for Mad TV that was a fun show back in its hayday.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
There can only be one response to that Three Stooges trailer.

http://youtu.be/K1L1lj3XuK8[/youtube]

And I've never even seen the original three stoges.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Having grown up watching The Three Stooges, the movie doesn't look that bad(except for the iphone joke, that was pretty lame). Will I go out and see it opening day,no but I'll probably end up seeing it with my dad.

lastoflancas

Aug 17, 2009
OK, I'm confused. So, is this review about him going to another Don't-watch-it-because-it's-not-that-funny with The Sitter or him going nerd-rage on Three Stooges movie?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Three Stooges trailer...that hurt my heart. My soul's heart, that is, not my physical heart. Although it did also physically hurt me. Someone call I. Slabem, because that movie needs an undertaker. And then call the law offices of Dewey, Fleecum and Howe, because...

(Doesn't want to work, skip to 5:07 to see the joke.)

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
So between this and the awful mess that is Allen Gregory, can someone tell me what the appeal of Jonah Hill is? Because I'm trying to figure out how he's become a bankable star.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Good God... I never even liked the Three Stooges, but they sure as hell don't deserve that... Son of a...

Scarim Coral said:
Ok first thing, WFH with the three stooges update? What's next a updated film verson to Laurel and Hardy or Charlie Chaplin??? (Don't you dare touch them Hollywood!)
If that happens, I say we storm Hollywood with torches, pitchforks and grenade launchers.