Escape to the Movies: The Social Network

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Social Network

This week MovieBob posts an update about The Social Network.

Watch Video

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
yellowhead said:
Broken Video. It stops working ater 5 seconds :(
Try refreshing. It worked fine for me.

OT: The director of Fight Club shot a script by the mastermind of The West Wing? Sign me up.

Also: Yes, Justin Timberlake is the real deal. He got over that slightly embarrassing young person period every bit as successfully as Leonard DiCaprio.

In fact, we need a movie with those two guys in it. It'd kick ass.

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
Damn. I think I'm going to have to watch this movie now. I really enjoyed 21, and the way you describe this movie makes them sound very similar.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I first heard about this movie about 2 months ago in a teaser trailed. I have been waiting with baited breath ever since. I am hoping to actually see it tonight.

Good writer, good actors, good director, good review should = good movie.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
First page FTW, so yeah, it's good, that's pretty much what every reviewer has said... good review anyway

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
I'm sure glad you explained what a triple threat was. Here I was, thinking he had a good on base percentage and could hit homers...

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
Okay, now its working =) Hey, it was a better comment then "FIRST OMGWTF!!!???"

But anyway, i wasn't gonna see this movie but now nearly all of the critics have been praising it then i might give it a look.

By the way MovieBob, what are your thoughts on the 'professional Troll' Armond White?

The critic who hated District 9, The Dark Knight, Every Pixar Movie and loved Transformers 2, Norbit, Epic Movie and Every Film that everyone hates. I'd be interested in knowing what you think.

nuqneh1

Aug 15, 2010
I wasn't interested until I heard that Aaron Sorkin was involved. I can't see it this week but maybe next week.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Nahhhh

Never had any intention of watching, look really f'ng boring, like that crappy movie with the MIT kids, 21.

The problem is....real life sucks. The words "Based on a True Story" almost guarantees the movie will be shitty, because real life is boring. And therefore movies ABOUT real life are boring.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Writing, Acting and directing is really all it really takes to make a good movie. Thanks, I don't think I'd be able to convince any of my friends to go, but I'll definitely catch it on DVD if anything.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Huh. Well, I'll go see it then. Doubt I can get many people to see it with me, but the concept alone sells a ticket to me and I just really want to see their portrayal of Mr. Zuckerberg.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
William Gibson <3

Anyhow, I'm actually surprised to see that this film is getting such positive reviews, the concept sounds absolutely horrible and gives me a foul taste in my mouth.

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
I was sold on the movie as soon as I heard Aaron Sorkin was attached. I'm a fan of his work, though not for the same reason as most. His movies are good, yes, but I didn't watch the West Wing. Instead I came to appreciate him with Studio 60.

And Moviebob, I'm with you on the Spiderman thing. I've got no hopes for it at all. I just don't understand the reason for a reboot (other than the obvious money reason) so soon. It's not like Batman where they are going to go back an delve deeper into the origins, the first one covered that..