Escape to the Movies: The Unseen

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
I just don't care anymore.
Yeah, that basically sums up my feelings about the Star Wars Blu-Ray release. I am curious, though - will the pointless fucking around that Lucas does for the Blu-Ray release be completely different from the pointless fucking around he'll inevitably do for the 3D cinematic re-re-release? Will Lucas then do a separate Blu-Ray of the 3D re-re-release, with even more pointless fucking around?

Star Wars fans - if this isn't proof enough that George Lucas is seriously mentally ill (or the Jedi Master of trolling), I'd like to know what is.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Odd. I absolutely HATED G.I. Joe and thought it was even worse than Transormers 1 or 2. I have been interested in getting into movie reviews and am unsure how to get a press screening. But Attack the Block looks amazing and I can't wait to see it.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
CrankyStorming said:
What have you heard that you just don't care about any more relating to Vader that has somehow eluded me?
The new Blu-Ray release of Return of the Jedi is going to have Vader saying "No" just before he grabs Palpatine and bellowing out "Nooo!" As he's carrying him over to the pit. Largely unimportant change ala the Greedo/Han confrontation (and yes, it is largely unimportant, despite the rabid fanatics screaming otherwise) but it's got SW Fanatics in an uproar (again) because "Lucas is changing what we hold dear! WAHHH!"

Honestly, I'm with Bob on that. It's just not as big of a deal that people are making about it.

Back on topic, the last part there about reviewing a new movie would be a nice change. Just wish Hollywood would comply and make something new.

Mcradden

Nov 19, 2009
CrankyStorming said:
What have you heard that you just don't care about any more relating to Vader that has somehow eluded me?
This:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112701-LucasFilms-Confirms-adding-NOOOOOO-to-Return-of-the-Jedi

By the way, are the arguments for hiding films from Critics the same as bringing a movie out straight to DVD?

It seems most of the straight to DVD films (which tend to be sequels) are not exactly er, very good. :)

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
This sounded more like a Big Picture episode to me.

But WITHOUT THE CREEPY FACES.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Basically "well I have no material, time to talk about nothing for 5 minutes! WEEEEEEEE!"

I know that due to circumstance you might not have material for a week but you don't you have a backlog of old ideas or maybe stuff you didn't cover. Gotta have a plan B.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Surely there's some stuff from last week or the week before you could have reviewed, or even an old movie, just for the heck of it. Is it really that important to review movies that came out this week that you won't do a show if you didn't see any movies?

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Oh what? Another week of no movies? Damn, I was really looking forward to a movied called "The Unseen", it sounded great! Derp.

Onyx Oblivion said:
This sounded more like a Big Picture episode to me.

But WITHOUT THE CREEPY FACES.
I'm with you on that... *shudder*

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
That was a fantastic episode of The Big Picture, although it's strange you've decided to do two episodes in one week.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
I thought "The Unseen" was that Russian movie with invisible aliens. Turns out this was actually an episode of 'The Big Picture'.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Good episode of "The Big Picture" but I thought on Friday you did Escape to the Movies? Oh well, maybe you'll release one about Conan or The Help later today

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Didn't you already mention the whole no press screening beforehand in a past episode? I think it was after you reviewed Piranha 3D?
Also Piranha 3DD eh? Well I hope it live up to its name (err yes more 3D ness).