Escape to the Movies: The Unseen

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
leviadragon99 said:
And in a curious irony, the thumbnail image for this episode is also unseen...
For me, additional irony is found in that the page doesn't load either

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hungry Donner said:
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.
I have to concur. I'm pretty sure I've head this verbatim about a year ago. It wasn't a bad episode, just... I've heard it before... from you... thus it takes from it a little.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
awww no review of dont be afraid of the dark that movie is gonna be a sleeper comedy of the fall season:(.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
Basically "well I have no material, time to talk about nothing for 5 minutes! WEEEEEEEE!"

I know that due to circumstance you might not have material for a week but you don't you have a backlog of old ideas or maybe stuff you didn't cover. Gotta have a plan B.
He could just have done what reviewers/critics usually do when they've got no material... done a retro review. Something that a lot of people might've messaged him about and wanted to hear his opinion on.

OT: This didn't really add anything for me... So what should i go to the movies for the next week? "Hodejegerne" maybe? Thank god for norwegian authors also getting to do film adaptations.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Don't you have a soapbox show for this kind of thing? I mean, you could easily have done a retro review. Hell, you could have done a star wars retrospective. That would've been AMAZING. But seriously, save this stuff for the big picture, that's where this belongs.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
200: Stream not found. EDIT: Well, it's [em]sort of[/em] working now. However, the "high-quality" stream is nothing of the kind, and is clearly the low-quality stream scaled up. The same thing happened to Zero Punctuation on Wednesday. I wonder what the matter is...

blanksmyname

Aug 2, 2009
I'm surprised you managed to pad that out to five minutes. Well done.

If you still haven't got any movies you want to review, might I recommend checking out The Tunnel? It's an Australian indie horror film that came out a few months back. The filmmakers actually want everyone to see it for free and put it up on BitTorrent, so you can check it out whenever you feel. They're trying to make money buy selling frames from the film for a dollar each. It's an interesting idea. If it ends up working really well, it could potentially revolutionise indie film distribution.

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
Hey bob! If you have any downtime again, I'd like to hear your opinion on the Marvel Anime series released so far as well as the DC Animated stuff. I tend to get irked on some reviews by you, but i've never really disagreed with your opinion on superhero stuff, and i'd like to hear what you have to say about them. Just a suggestion.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
You went over the "press screening" thing... I forget if it was in one of your columns or just an addendum of one of your other Escape to the Movies videos... Either way, you used Piranhas 3D as an example of a fun movie that didn't get press screening because the studios thought it was junk and therefore thought critics would discourage people from seeing it.

Also, what is it about Darth Vadar that you heard?

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
No....DON'T see attack the Block...just don't

Its fun in an alternative way...but for us casual movie goers, it sucks outright

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Urh said:
I just don't care anymore.
Star Wars fans - if this isn't proof enough that George Lucas is seriously mentally ill (or the Jedi Master of trolling), I'd like to know what is.

I am altering the film. Pray I don't alter it any further
Your opinion, however, I don't really mind the changes. Their minor, ignorable and are usually blown WAY outta proportion.

I actually like the new Vader, 'No' idea...

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Actually, i didn't mind apollo 18, it was a bit like "paranormal activity" but in space. And a lot less scary. But still pretty creepy. Anyway, i thought it was quite good.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Hungry Donner said:
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.
I agree with this. When you don't have something new to review, please give us your thoughts on some catalogue titles. That would be more entertaining (and topical) than this.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
If there wasn't anything of interest to see (or zero screenings) maybe he should review a movie he didn't get to review on the show. As a critic, he sees a lot more movies than what is on the show, so provide us with some recommendations of movies that didn't make the cut.

Perhaps it should be on a theatrical movie that's headed to DVD/Blu Ray that next Tuesday. This way people know what movies to add to their netflix queues.

Srdjan Tanaskovic said:
"GI Joe didn't get a lot of bad reviews"

really? Because rotten tomatoes says otherwise
How cute....Bob thinks he's part of the majority.