Escape to the Movies: The Unseen

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
LordLundar said:
CrankyStorming said:
What have you heard that you just don't care about any more relating to Vader that has somehow eluded me?
The new Blu-Ray release of Return of the Jedi is going to have Vader saying "No" just before he grabs Palpatine and bellowing out "Nooo!" As he's carrying him over to the pit. Largely unimportant change ala the Greedo/Han confrontation (and yes, it is largely unimportant, despite the rabid fanatics screaming otherwise) but it's got SW Fanatics in an uproar (again) because "Lucas is changing what we hold dear! WAHHH!"

Honestly, I'm with Bob on that. It's just not as big of a deal that people are making about it.

Back on topic, the last part there about reviewing a new movie would be a nice change. Just wish Hollywood would comply and make something new.
I wouldn't say it's unimportant. I don't much care for Star Wars and even I can tell it ruins the scene.

Also, the video isn't working for me. :<

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
wonder what stopped Bob from just saying fuck-it and reviewing a movie from last week, like what happened with the Expendables....all well hopefully he'll review either Warrior of Contagion next week...so is ultimate fighting the "new" boxing now?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I would have preferred you talking about some movie you missed the first time around or just some old classic, especially since you've already talked about this and last episode wasn't a movie either.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Draconalis said:
Hungry Donner said:
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.
I have to concur. I'm pretty sure I've head this verbatim about a year ago. It wasn't a bad episode, just... I've heard it before... from you... thus it takes from it a little.
I don't normally do this... what's the kids call this? QFT or something. But I just gotta do it this time.

Because, Bob, state it once and you're educating. State it twice and you're whining.

UnknownGunslinger

Jan 29, 2011
I saw Attack the Block early May here in London, on a preview screening :p
I havent stop recommending it to people, the many, many, many, many early screenings definitely got them the buzz they needed.

Shotgang

Jan 21, 2011
Okay Bob... why don't you review other movies, maybe movies from other countries and recommend them here.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
3:45.

3 Minutes, and 45 Seconds.

That is how long it took me to realize that the video I was watching was not about some hidden gem review by MovieBob, for a movie called, "The Unseen," and was instead about the movie releases that he did not see this weekend.
I was getting pretty close to the end of the video, thinking, "Ok Bob, when are you going to stop ranting and get to the Unseen review? .....Oh... wait.... Deeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrp."

PS. Here's hoping for Contagion for next week!

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Love the insult on armond white :D

Only reason I remember that name was he was one of the handful of critics that gave toy story 3 a rotten review!

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Meh, it didnt really bother me that this episode wasnt a movie review, i'm starting to find Bob's taste in movies to range from bizarre to terrible.

I'd defo recommend people check out Half in the Bag over at redlettermedia.com (a long with Plinket Review, though thats not really the same topic), i find that those guys arent as taken in by fanboy love as Bob is (sorry Bob, but Captain America is nowhere near as good as you make it out to be), they also break down movies into more detail. Though on the downside they're really inconsistent as to when they release their stuff.

I still like Bob's stuff, like The Big Picture, but damn! He sure does love gimmicks ("... Is Weird" for instance, it was barely funny the first time, now its just annoying).

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Mister Linton said:
Hungry Donner said:
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.
I agree with this. When you don't have something new to review, please give us your thoughts on some catalogue titles. That would be more entertaining (and topical) than this.
I don't have a problem with most non-review EttM episodes, it's just that this week's topic is basically a repeat. There has to be something from the winter or spring he never got to that's coming out now and worth an episode. I'll admit off the top of my head I can only think of Hannah, and since that got an enthusiastic thumbs up from him already it would be a rather hypocritical alternative. :)

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Is it weird that I want to put a frame around that picture of Rodriguez and Tarantino and hang it from my wall?

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
Alar said:
ewhac said:
200: Stream not found.
I also cannot view it. :( I just want my High Quality videos!
Yeah this happens to me about half of the time I try and watch a new vid... The standard quality works just fine, but I feel dirty after watching it knowing that I'm not getting what I've paid for :/

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
DAPLR said:
No....DON'T see attack the Block...just don't

Its fun in an alternative way...but for us casual movie goers, it sucks outright
I really want to see it only because Nick Frost is in the film but what's stopping me from watching the film is the typical Chavish attitude present within the film.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Well, I watched Attack the Block on Bob's recommendation and I just found myself hating the main protagonists way too much. With a passion.

I'm not sure the movie was meant that way but I was rooting for the Aliens the whole way through.
When the Aliens killed the Dennis character I was hoping they'd manage to get the rest of the scum too.

Shadow-Phoenix said:
I really want to see it only because Nick Frost is in the film but what's stopping me from watching the film is the typical Chavish attitude present within the film.
Well it really bugged me to the point were I didn't enjoy the movie even though I felt I should have somehow. It has all the right ingredients but the Chavs really made the whole thing unsympathetic for me.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Well luckily the local small theater is gonna have Attack the Block soon, so I can't wait

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
I can't understand the relationship between critics and audience either. I mean, there is some internet critics that see a movie and go make a video review of 18 minutes saying they don't get it and the public love them for it. What is good for a critic that doesn't get it? This is one good thing about Bob, like or not he always understand the thing.