Escape to the Movies: The Unseen

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
I have to say this; up until 4 minutes in, I was constantly expecting a review of some B-movie I had never heard of (His video title was "The Unseen")

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
DAPLR said:
No....DON'T see attack the Block...just don't

Its fun in an alternative way...but for us casual movie goers, it sucks outright
The thing is, its visuals are pretty funky and the humours not that bad, it was just kind of hard for me to feel for a bunch of people who could have very easily punched me in the street for no other reason then im not from Peckham. Not that the scene with the Spiderman bed sheets wasnt quite well done, I was just kind of routing for the aliens by that point.

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
Mangue Surfer said:
I can't understand the relationship between critics and audience either. I mean, there is some internet critics that see a movie and go make a video review of 18 minutes saying they don't get it and the public love them for it. What is good for a critic that doesn't get it? This is one good thing about Bob, like or not he always understand the thing.
No he doesn't. Understanding is a rare, if possible thing, in art. As a critic, he offers his opinion which he studied by learning what is the general thought of what art is. The very state of mind and personal feelings can sub-consciously obscure the movies 'true' intent, though this is simply being human. He does his job pretty well...though I wouldn't be a fan if I said it was perfect...but that is a story for another time ;)
Understanding is a word used too often. :p

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Nothing in there I didn't know the first time you covered it, but still fun to listen to.

At the very least, pick something else in the film biz to rant about durring dead / dud weeks. Say the proper elements ina comic or video game adaptation, or the pros and cons to remakes, or why casting seems to make the movie and should it do so.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I'm surprised there's been no coverage for Kevin Smith's Red State, which became available on video on demand on Thursday. He's been pimping the damn thing for the last year, so I put down eleven bucks to watch it, since it will never be in a theater near me and I don't want to own it on DVD. I thought it was pretty good, albeit with some weird choices and some preposterous plot developments, but it was tense and unnerving through a good chunk of it.

Zeitgeist1983

Jul 20, 2011
Hungry Donner said:
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.
Would have liked to see a review of the new Conan film. Even though everybody knows it´s bad, it´s always funny to see a film being torn to pieces by a critic.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
I don't really listen to critics that much, I go see what I want too see (if I get the chance to go see it) and it means I have fun at the cinema because I know what I like and frankly don't trust anyone else to tell me what I should like.

Its why I enjoyed Conan the Barbarian this monday.

The only reason I watch moviebob is for the comedy value.

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
I like those episodes that look like The Big Picture. I do enjoy Bob's reviews, but his taste is... awfull way too many times. Not always, but still.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
DAPLR said:
Mangue Surfer said:
I can't understand the relationship between critics and audience either. I mean, there is some internet critics that see a movie and go make a video review of 18 minutes saying they don't get it and the public love them for it. What is good for a critic that doesn't get it? This is one good thing about Bob, like or not he always understand the thing.
No he doesn't. Understanding is a rare, if possible thing, in art. As a critic, he offers his opinion which he studied by learning what is the general thought of what art is. The very state of mind and personal feelings can sub-consciously obscure the movies 'true' intent, though this is simply being human. He does his job pretty well...though I wouldn't be a fan if I said it was perfect...but that is a story for another time ;)
Understanding is a word used too often. :p
I don't get it.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
EdwardOrchard said:
PS. Here's hoping for Contagion for next week!
Ooo, I misgivings about that one. The trailers for it suggest that it's falling afoul of Roger Ebert's Box Rule [http://academic.sun.ac.za/forlang/bergman/tech/glossary/ebert_glos.htm]

elitestranger1

Nov 20, 2009
cant you do a review of an old movie for a change? give us your favorite films ever like on zero punctuation from time to time

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Show of nerd cred.

Who here thought of Battletech when you saw the title?
As in mechs like the Marauder or Warhammer?

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Gekidami said:
Meh, it didnt really bother me that this episode wasnt a movie review, i'm starting to find Bob's taste in movies to range from bizarre to terrible.

I'd defo recommend people check out Half in the Bag over at redlettermedia.com (a long with Plinket Review, though thats not really the same topic), i find that those guys arent as taken in by fanboy love as Bob is (sorry Bob, but Captain America is nowhere near as good as you make it out to be), they also break down movies into more detail. Though on the downside they're really inconsistent as to when they release their stuff.
I am really getting sick of comments like this. Saying "Captain america is not as good as you make it out to be." just sounds arrogant.You have a different oppinion and that is fine. But you are acting like he is just delusional and your opinion is the one TRUE opinion

On Topic: Dang I was hoping you would be able to review Apollo 18. The trailers looked decent.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I'm so behind on my movies coming out this summer haha...still trying to find time to watch Captain America

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
fuck damn you need to start writing tags wěith movies you reference in each ep.