Escape to the Movies: Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
The attempt to justify and explain the comedy of these guys was really stretching it there. Almost as painful as the one episode I watched while waiting for my former roommate to get ready. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes, I suppose, but I just can't see the appeal.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
ANImaniac89 said:
RJ 17 said:
Didn't even watch the review...I've sworn never to watch anything involving those to just horribly...indescribably stupid jackasses. Seriously though, I challenge anyone to accurately describe who/what their target audience is without saying "the types of freaks that get stuffed into lockers or perform school shootings" because those two are obvious.

GamemasterAnthony said:
Well, it worked for South Park, so it MIGHT work for this one.
Problem with that theory is that South Park is a show that's actually GOOD. Tim and Eric Sodomize Each Other for 11 Minutes - while having an obscenely long name - is a crime against man, nature, and God. Seriously, I can think of no more terrifying hell than having to watch a 90 minute long Tim and Eric episode.

ANImaniac89 said:
I'm almost speechless, a Good review for the Tim and Eric Movie?
Tim and Eric singled ruined Adult Swim and turned it in nothing more then another television wasteland that's only saving grace is The Venture Bros. My God Moviebob I think you may have broken the camels back on this one. I no longer have hope or respect for humanity anymore. Well now at least I can begin my super villainous endeavors. So when the entire west cost is encased in ice from my freeze ray just know that this review is the reason why.
Yeah, when Tom Blows the Mayor came out on Adult Swim, I knew we were headed for the downfall. Sure enough the follow that one up with the above mentioned Tim and Eric Sodomy Show followed by a long line of god-awful live action shows. Evidently they forgot that people don't want to see retards humping doorknobs, they want Sealab 2021, ATHF, Venture Bros., and Family Guy re-runs.
For the life of me I still don't get why they show shit like Tim and Eric, Children Hospital and the rest of the non-cartoon garbage they choose tho show on a network called CARTOON NETWORK. God I miss the good old days when half the night was American toons and the other half was anime.
Seriously...I have no fucking clue how Tim and Eric or any of the live action shows were renewed for more than 1 season, and yet shows like Sealab, Harvey Birdman, and Frisky Dingo got the chop.

Needless to say, I stopped watching Adult Swim a lllooonnnggg time ago.

Dinnerman

Apr 6, 2011
I love how everybody hates Tim and Eric, but can't articulate it. Tell me WHY you hate Tim and Eric. Don't just say "it sux lololol".

I, for one, think Tim and Eric are fucking hilarious.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
I hate those guys shows with such a burning passion. I find ATHF alot more to my liking but I find I pretty much hate most everything on Adult Swim now.

I'm probably just too old for the target audience? I used to love like space ghost, toonami, harvey birdman, and athf...but shows like tim and eric and squidbillies make me just toon out. To the extent that I don't even turn on Adult swim anymore.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
That was quite an eloquent way of saying "their Adult Swim shows didn't actually do anything and the characters just kinda say stuff".

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Those two can't entertain me for a minute. How can they hope to do it for an hour and a half?

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Dinnerman said:
I love how everybody hates Tim and Eric, but can't articulate it. Tell me WHY you hate Tim and Eric. Don't just say "it sux lololol".

It's because "annoying" and "repulsive" are not synonyms for "comedy".

Their show isn't funny. It's just irritating (the endless cheap editing tricks) and gross.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Dinnerman said:

I think you are the only person to say that so far, I like them a lot too, these people take things way too fucking seriously. Tim and Eric are awesome.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
RJ 17 said:
ANImaniac89 said:
RJ 17 said:
Didn't even watch the review...I've sworn never to watch anything involving those to just horribly...indescribably stupid jackasses. Seriously though, I challenge anyone to accurately describe who/what their target audience is without saying "the types of freaks that get stuffed into lockers or perform school shootings" because those two are obvious.

GamemasterAnthony said:
Well, it worked for South Park, so it MIGHT work for this one.
Problem with that theory is that South Park is a show that's actually GOOD. Tim and Eric Sodomize Each Other for 11 Minutes - while having an obscenely long name - is a crime against man, nature, and God. Seriously, I can think of no more terrifying hell than having to watch a 90 minute long Tim and Eric episode.

ANImaniac89 said:
I'm almost speechless, a Good review for the Tim and Eric Movie?
Tim and Eric singled ruined Adult Swim and turned it in nothing more then another television wasteland that's only saving grace is The Venture Bros. My God Moviebob I think you may have broken the camels back on this one. I no longer have hope or respect for humanity anymore. Well now at least I can begin my super villainous endeavors. So when the entire west cost is encased in ice from my freeze ray just know that this review is the reason why.
Yeah, when Tom Blows the Mayor came out on Adult Swim, I knew we were headed for the downfall. Sure enough the follow that one up with the above mentioned Tim and Eric Sodomy Show followed by a long line of god-awful live action shows. Evidently they forgot that people don't want to see retards humping doorknobs, they want Sealab 2021, ATHF, Venture Bros., and Family Guy re-runs.
For the life of me I still don't get why they show shit like Tim and Eric, Children Hospital and the rest of the non-cartoon garbage they choose tho show on a network called CARTOON NETWORK. God I miss the good old days when half the night was American toons and the other half was anime.
Seriously...I have no fucking clue how Tim and Eric or any of the live action shows were renewed for more than 1 season, and yet shows like Sealab, Harvey Birdman, and Frisky Dingo got the chop.

Needless to say, I stopped watching Adult Swim a lllooonnnggg time ago.

I rarely watch anymore, I'm burned out on King of the Hill and Family Guy re-runs to the point that I can't enjoy them anymore. The only time I do watch [AS] is for new episodes of Venture Bros.
There line up practices never cease to horrify me: Lucy Daughter of the Devil- Cancelled, Moral Oral - Ended/Cancelled, Anime forced into 1 night, with only 1 or 2 new programs and the rest endlessly repeating reruns of Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell.

Meanwhile: Delocated on its 3rd season, Eagleheart renewed for a 2nd season, Children's Hospital for a 4th as well as a T&E spin off about Dr. Steve Brule green lit. It fucking makes me sick Adult Swim used to be the high light of my day, At one point my sleeping schedule was fucked just because I had to watch.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Dinnerman said:
If ya want. The jokes are over done and drawn out way to long. Far to often they focus on "awkward" humor which to me isn't funny, it's just awkward. And the editing style while I understand it's intentional I find incredibly annoying.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Usually I trust MovieBob... I have seen plenty of movies on his recommendation, almost all of them as good as he says... But Tim and Eric? Seriously? I think he's reading wayyyyyyyyyyyy too into their terrible humor. That long list of themes and messages hidden in their content that he rattled off like they were real things... No... It's just absurd bullshit with no coherent rhyme or reason other than to make me uncomfortable. And I've seen the films Bob listed in Test Your Might and those don't make me nearly as annoyed or unsettled as fifteen minutes of Tim and Eric making out with each other with food in their mouths while staring directly into the camera.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
Dinnerman said:
If ya want. The jokes are over done and drawn out way to long. Far to often they focus on "awkward" humor which to me isn't funny, it's just awkward. And the editing style while I understand it's intentional I find incredibly annoying.
'

The jokes aren't funny,
The settings aren't funny,
The awkward and uncomfortableness of their material is WAY overdone
Lowest common denominator gross out gags
Complete and total mayhem and unnecessary randomness
Plus, those guys just creep me the heck out...

If you're looking for some good immature stupidity, Bevis and Butthead is a much better choice, be it new or old series.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
Dinnerman said:

Just cause we can't explain in words how much we hate something, don't make the hate any less intense. Just like BOB, great person of many words, cannot explain why he likes Timber And Erica, beyond the fact that he likes it and its hard to explain.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I actually rented this movie (Thanks PSN!) about two weeks ago, and I loved it. I'm indifferent to Tim and Eric (People claim Love it/Hate it status with these guys, I'm probably the only one who can go halfsees and say they are good and bad), but I loved this movie.

The movie is really in comparison to the Jackass films, only in that the movie is essentially nothing more than garbage, but it's entertaining garbage that's probably better with a load of friends who have nothing better to do than find another movie to quote, and this movie has a lot to take away in the quote department (I probably have about five or six quotable lines to enjoy throughout the whole movie), and actually in writing that, Jackass feels wrong to compare it to, but I'm sticking with it.

My only complaint is that it does slow down in the middle, almost to a screeching halt when the Used Toilet Paper Salesmen shows up (Yup, you read that correctly), but otherwise, I laughed and laughed and laughed. I do recognize the commentary within it about ordinary people in rural America, but to be perfectly honest, It's more of a glossed over thing than it is a vital part of the movie. You sort of just realize it and go about your merry way.

Still, I loved the movie, and I'm glad that M.B. enjoyed it too.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
I refused to see this movie, not just on the grounds that Tim and Eric aren't funny to me (I hate the whole "awkward comedy" scene), but because their viral campaign of pledging to see their movie also had the stipulation that you wouldn't go see the Lorax as well. And that I can't forgive.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
They used "The Lorax" to see an SUV... I was kind of annoyed with the way they treated The Lorax with this new movie, but this?! Why, God, why?!

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Hmmmm, I was unaware that Tim and Eric where comedians. I guess I should thank MovieBob for letting me in on this as I don't think I would have figured that out otherwise.

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
McMarbles said:
Dinnerman said:

It's because "annoying" and "repulsive" are not synonyms for "comedy".

Their show isn't funny. It's just irritating (the endless cheap editing tricks) and gross.
I agree. I hate Tim and Eric, it's not funny at all. I'd rather watch Monty Python's Flying Circus. Now that was a funny show.