Escape to the Movies: Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
ANImaniac89 said:
RJ 17 said:
ANImaniac89 said:
RJ 17 said:
Didn't even watch the review...I've sworn never to watch anything involving those to just horribly...indescribably stupid jackasses. Seriously though, I challenge anyone to accurately describe who/what their target audience is without saying "the types of freaks that get stuffed into lockers or perform school shootings" because those two are obvious.

GamemasterAnthony said:
Well, it worked for South Park, so it MIGHT work for this one.
Problem with that theory is that South Park is a show that's actually GOOD. Tim and Eric Sodomize Each Other for 11 Minutes - while having an obscenely long name - is a crime against man, nature, and God. Seriously, I can think of no more terrifying hell than having to watch a 90 minute long Tim and Eric episode.

ANImaniac89 said:
I'm almost speechless, a Good review for the Tim and Eric Movie?
Tim and Eric singled ruined Adult Swim and turned it in nothing more then another television wasteland that's only saving grace is The Venture Bros. My God Moviebob I think you may have broken the camels back on this one. I no longer have hope or respect for humanity anymore. Well now at least I can begin my super villainous endeavors. So when the entire west cost is encased in ice from my freeze ray just know that this review is the reason why.
Yeah, when Tom Blows the Mayor came out on Adult Swim, I knew we were headed for the downfall. Sure enough the follow that one up with the above mentioned Tim and Eric Sodomy Show followed by a long line of god-awful live action shows. Evidently they forgot that people don't want to see retards humping doorknobs, they want Sealab 2021, ATHF, Venture Bros., and Family Guy re-runs.
For the life of me I still don't get why they show shit like Tim and Eric, Children Hospital and the rest of the non-cartoon garbage they choose tho show on a network called CARTOON NETWORK. God I miss the good old days when half the night was American toons and the other half was anime.
Seriously...I have no fucking clue how Tim and Eric or any of the live action shows were renewed for more than 1 season, and yet shows like Sealab, Harvey Birdman, and Frisky Dingo got the chop.

Needless to say, I stopped watching Adult Swim a lllooonnnggg time ago.

I rarely watch anymore, I'm burned out on King of the Hill and Family Guy re-runs to the point that I can't enjoy them anymore. The only time I do watch [AS] is for new episodes of Venture Bros.
There line up practices never cease to horrify me: Lucy Daughter of the Devil- Cancelled, Moral Oral - Ended/Cancelled, Anime forced into 1 night, with only 1 or 2 new programs and the rest endlessly repeating reruns of Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell.

Meanwhile: Delocated on its 3rd season, Eagleheart renewed for a 2nd season, Children's Hospital for a 4th as well as a T&E spin off about Dr. Steve Brule green lit. It fucking makes me sick Adult Swim used to be the high light of my day, At one point my sleeping schedule was fucked just because I had to watch.
It's cost vs ratings. Sadly those live action shows are really really cheap to make, and brings in enough ratings (because stoners will watch anything). Anime sadly, never does well in ratings really.

I really don't blame Cartoon Network as a whole for diving into live action programming. They want to stay competitive with Disney and Nickelodeon but they're problem is they don't have the budget. all their LA stuff looks incredibly cheap.

A tangent: Moral Oral really had to end where it did. It started out as a tongue and cheek satire of "Davey and goliath", then veered into dark comedy.... and then just became very very dark with no comedy to be had. Not that thats a bad thing, hell my favorite episode was the one that takes place entirely at the bar with Oral's Dad going on a drunken tirad for 22 minutes... But for a comedy block? It really just didn't fit in anymore.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Haha I especially love the people here "losing respect" for Bob, as if that hasn't happened for dozens of other reviews. Like he prefaced, comedy is very subjective. And then bunching people who love Tim and Eric with liking Transformers or having low standards of humor. As if comedy has hierarchy. As if scat humor is inherently bad, which is ironic because the greatest comedians have this shared joke called The Aristocrats. Check into it.

In fact, anyone in comedy has guest-starred on the show. Any comedian you know, has been on that show.

I love Tim and Eric, I'm not a stoner. Tom Goes to the Mayor was one of the funniest shows ever. Maybe because I love black/dark comedy. Maybe because I love Youtube poops. There's nothing quite like it, their mocking of corporate videos and public access TV rings so true because that's the stuff you're tortured with at work or on TV in the afternoon.

Here are my favorite clips:

For Your Health!

I laughed my ass off at Billion Dollar movie, and it'll probably end up the best comedy of 2012 for me. SHRIIIIIIM!

Withard

Feb 4, 2010
The Aristocrats was considered a rite of passage by morons. In fact the "Greatest comedians" dont even use it but I suppose Adam Sandler and Gilbert Godfrey are some of the greats I guess....yes one of them was the Parrot in Aladdin.

And pretty much EVERY clip then was just boring and well...crap.

And saying there is nothing like it and using a defence such as "Im not a stoner" is absolutely hilarious. More so than the show.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Withard said:
The Aristocrats was considered a rite of passage by morons. In fact the "Greatest comedians" dont even use it but I suppose Adam Sandler and Gilbert Godfrey are some of the greats I guess....yes one of them was the Parrot in Aladdin.

And pretty much EVERY clip then was just boring and well...crap.

And saying there is nothing like it and using a defence such as "Im not a stoner" is absolutely hilarious. More so than the show.
George Carlin [http://www.movieweb.com/movie/the-aristocrats/george-carlin] isn't considered to be one of the greatest comedians?

Could've fooled me.

Do people not realise we feed on the hatred for Tim and Eric? All your rage tastes good, like shrimp and white wine. Especially the people pissed off that Adult Swim keeps this show, and lost your favorite show. Leave out the politics.

It's funny how the people who love Tim and Eric don't force it down your throats, but the haters feel like they need to shout hyperbolic rants with way too much time on their hands.

Just be happy with your vaganna/pennis.

For your health!

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Once I understood that the premise of "Tom Goes to the Mayor" is "Tom goes to to mayor... and get screwed with," the show became enjoyable.

Tim and Eric, on the other hand, is not funny. I do not like reference gags, I do not like self aware humor, I especially hate beating a joke until its dead and mistaking post death spasms as it becoming funny again.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I personally don't care for Tim & Eric, since I was never particularly fond of any of the Adult Swim content that wasn't Family Guy or the anime. Yes, call me ignorant, but stuff like the Boondocks and Aqua Team Hunger Force, while I can see has the potential to be funny for everyone, doesn't really click for me.

What really caught my attention, though, was the Lorax comment at the end. Bob, I share your exact same sentiments.

Screw you, humanity.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
i saw about 3 seconds of their show before i started slicing my wrist and eating my dog.

its the type of uncomfortable imagery that makes you question why you having starting plotting the annihilation of every single life form in the universe.

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
MovieBob said:
Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

MovieBob shows us the pros and cons of Tim and Eric's first attempt at a feature film.

Watch Video
Aaaaand you just proved you know nothing about weed.

|.|HaL

Apr 12, 2008
Yes, comedy is subjective .. but I bet I'm not the only one who got a laugh out of Bob's straight faced use of the word "Felliniesque" in relation to this turd.

P.s. Bob, we don't need to hear the "slash" in writer/directer, actor/producer etc .. k? k. That way you can chop a few seconds off those odd reviews where you make a complete prat of yourself.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
i knew bob was going to let his butt hurt show through some passive aggressive "end credit" segment about the artist.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Dinnerman said:
I love how everybody hates Tim and Eric, but can't articulate it. Tell me WHY you hate Tim and Eric. Don't just say "it sux lololol".

I, for one, think Tim and Eric are fucking hilarious.
I hate Tim and Eric because their show is simply weird for the sake of weird shock comedy. It lacks any sort of wit or cleverness. It's annoy mindless drivel that tries to be surreal and Avant-garde, but ends up just being to fat retards touching tongues. Worst of all it's played out and boring. Weird for the sake of weird is cheap and has been done to death, and in regards to shock art, comedy, or literature it just isn't shocking anymore. It's like goth kids thinking their rebelling by wearing black clothing and getting tattoos, guess what kids, no one gives a fuck.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Well, I didn't think Bob would like it, but I knew a movie based on a TV show that's so surreal that it makes surrealist go, "What the hell?" would do just about as well as any sane person would expect it to. Plus, what is this shlock about middle-class rural America? Really? I call that a bit of a stretch... by any definition. Plus... you know... you can only get a message out there if you have one to give. If Tim and Eric ever had one they should have found a better vein than the midnight stoner crowd. Also, protip: Never try to give a message (especially a political one) with surrealism. Why? Because people learn by comparison and relation. Comparing middle-class rural America (this coming from a Bostonian is just priceless, not wrong... just kind of funny) to T&E is like comparing a mint-orange tic-tac to the plight of the proletariat in Southwest Uzbekistan, and communist regime therein. If you're scratching your head at this last sentence you've kind of proven my point.

Yes, I did just make up a name and used my spellchecker to pick the closest correct country. Now you can sleep at night.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
Brockyman said:
I'm not really the person you should be quoting for that, as I agree with you. You should rather be quoting the person I was quoting. But Ima guess he's getting a flood of responses as it is so maybe he wouldn't notice anyway.
Yeah, I was in a hurry.. sorry.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
All I have to say is that those two are NO Weird Al and I cannot stand their shows. I'd rather take a drill to my eyes than watch a second oh their so called "humor". I find it hard to believe that anyone, even drunk and stoned out of their minds, could like them.

greyseven

Jan 16, 2011
I find it hard to believe that Tim and Eric are doing much more than utilizing chock value animations and surreal humor. A deeper meaning to their comedy is fan created.

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
CronoT said:
I took one look at the Movie Title for this week, and said to myself, "Oh God, this is going to hurt."

Sadly, I was right.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Tom Goes to the Mayor. It was wacky and oddball. Their current show, however, makes me want to scrub my eyes with bleach and baking soda.
Ditto re: Tom Goes To the Mayer. At least it was animated. Most of the live action garbage on Adult Swim shouldn't be on a network for animated TV. The only one I ever like was Children's Hospital. The Awesome Show was just utter garbage though.

That being said, does anyone else think it... hypocritical, I guess for lack of a better word, the Bob would bag on the preview for the Three Stooges movie, and then endorse this pile of rubbish? Personally (besides the fact that there's a Snookie cameo, blech), I think the Stooges movie has more merit if Sasso et al can pull it off; T&E is just vapid, and that's saying something in comparison with Stooge slap-stick.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
It certainly seems like I am one of the only people on here who loves Tim and Eric. I lvoe Awesome Show and Tom Goes to the Mayor, the movie wasn't bad, but I expected more. I definitely laughed though.

random_eddie

May 20, 2012
I have no opinion about those two guys. I wanted to add my two cents about Bob's thoughts about how those two guys view Middle America.

Most parodies of rural Americana contain an undercurrent of contempt and disregard for what's being held up for satire, frequently slipping over the line into ridicule. But Tim and Eric really get the real places that this stuff is coming from, and even empathize with their often twisted awful characters, characters who scream "HEY! It's really BAD out here! Will somebody please help us!"
That's even worse.

Rather than laughing at a stereotype, Tim and Eric believe in the stereotype. Or at least Bob believes in the stereotype and thinks that Tim and Eric do as well.

Replace "rural Americana" in the quoted section above with, say, "blacks" or "Jews" or "Australians" and tell me how you think it sounds (especially to blacks, Jews, or Australians). Some of us actually live in middle America and are constantly amazed at what some of you who don't live here think about what life here is like.

"Oh those poor suburbanites. How awful it must be to be them. Lucky for them that I empathize with the miserable bastards instead of making fun of them. I know it looks like I'm making fun of them, but trust me, my mockery is born of a deep understanding of their plight." Really. Gee, thanks. It's nice to know you care. How would I ever have known about the pointlessness of my own existence if you hadn't shared your enlightened worldview with me.

Feel free to take your condescension and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine (Seattle, from what I hear). In the meantime, I'll be over here enjoying King of the Hill, which not only has a good time laughing at the suburban stereotypes but is also laced with genuine appreciation for the happy realities of middle America rather than self-imagined sympathy for the non-existent plight of those presumed to be less fortunate, less happy, and less wise than the creators of our mass media.