Escape to the Movies: Tower Heist

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
You all do realize what will follow [http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/03/beverly-hills-cop-4-may-be-geared-towards-kids-says-brett-ratner] if this movie does well in the box office. Hasn't Axel suffered enough?

yoyogum

Aug 29, 2010
Wait, Red Dragon was on the list of movies not worth watching. I'm pretty sure Red dragon is universally considered awesome.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Hungry Donner said:
You all do realize what will follow [http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/03/beverly-hills-cop-4-may-be-geared-towards-kids-says-brett-ratner] if this movie does well in the box office. Hasn't Axel suffered enough?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, to add to Rush Hour love, what was not to like? Buddy Cop comedy with some old school kung fu action cheese? Sign me up.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I could have guessed that, Eddie Murphy hasn't even been remotely funny since the first Shrek movie, in fact, me saying that is still probably giving him to much credit.

Dark_Reaction

Apr 14, 2010
> touts Thor
> touts crappy Justin Timberlake sci-fi flick
> dumps on Red Dragon
> chooses Family Man.... FAMILY MAN... as the film to go back and say 'Weeeellll...'

Man, why do they let this guy talk about movies again?

> multiple rants about Green Lantern franchise

Oh, right... Well, at least we can agree that even Jackie Chan can't make Chris Tucker less annoying.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Guys! Guys! ...Bob!

Doesn't this just mean that we all have just as much of a chance to get our movies into movies?

....Of course, any ambitious, innovative idea you may have is at risk of being pushed out the window...

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Hungry Donner said:
So far, this doesn't seems likely.

The main problem with the spin movie studios were trying to pull was that they used this movie as an example. No one will pay $ 59,99 for this. Wait until they pull it off with some truly high profile movie (like the next Transformers, or The Avengers) and they will be swimming in money... dumb people's money.

PD: Rush Hour 1 wasn't that bad. It was a buddy cop movie with Jackie Chan. That was until they decided to focus more on the far less interesting, far more obnoxious Chris Rock-wannabe's character.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Well that's dissappointing, the first time I've looked forward to a movie with Eddie Murphy in I don't know how long and it's a dud. Still probably gonna rent it though, I haven't really reached my quota of entirely forgettable movies this year.

Hungry Donner said:
I don't want to live on the planet anymore.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
freaper said:
Jackie Chan makes everything better.
Jackie Chan in The happening - kick Mark Whalberg's ass and end the movie
Jackie Chan in The last airbender - Forget the airbender and just have Jackie fighting the fire mages.
Jackie Chan in Transformers - Knock out Megan Fox and Shia Le Beef so its actually about the robots.
Jackie Chan in Green lanturn - Kill Sinestro so there can't be an equally bad sequel.

It works

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
I was kind of hoping for a review on the Rum diaries but this was this one was interesting. Though I wasn't planning on watching this movie.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Yeah looks like Hollywood is using "The Expendables" as a benchmark as now on. Just put a bunch of Triple-A stars in and magically(within the first weekend) and it prints money, let's do lunch.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
Jman1236 said:
Yeah looks like Hollywood is using "The Expendables" as a benchmark as now on. Just put a bunch of Triple-A stars in and magically(within the first weekend) and it prints money, let's do lunch.
This movie's nothing like The Expendables. Just because Bob trashed both don't make them similar at all.

Also maybe you guys should give the movie a chance. It's got a 68% on rotten tomatoes with most people saying it's a fluffy movie that's somewhat entertaining. Give it a chance! There's a huge difference on Rotten Tomatoes between a 40% movie (The Expendables) and a 68% on Tower Heist. Give it a chance and make up your own mind about it.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
Giest4life said:
Hey....I quite liked Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2. I'll probably watch this when it comes out on DVD with some friends and some liquor. Should be good fun.
The Rush Hour films were classic but I must admit the best joke is in the blooper reel of Rush hour 2 when Tucker says: "Damn, he aint gonna be in Rush Hour 3!" Kills me every time. It is also funny because RH3 is so shit.

SO yeah I'm gonna contribute to the problem and probley go see this movie because I am a huge fan of Eddie Murphy and Sidibe.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Ah Eddie Murphey still can't find a decent movie to save his life and Ben Stiller still isn't funny...I love being right.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Oh, Brett Ratner, that's all I needed to hear.

Though, I will debate one thing with you Bob, Red Dragon wasn't awful. It wasn't as good as Manhunter, but Norton, Hopkins, and Fiennes brought enough to keep it afloat.
sketch_zeppelin said:
Ah Eddie Murphey still can't find a decent movie to save his life and Ben Stiller still isn't funny...I love being right.
A point, Ben Stiller is funny. Ben Stiller as he's typecast is not. Go see Zoolander or Tropic Thunder, movies he actually wrote, they are comedy gold.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
that bit at the beginning killed me Bob :)

But on the topic of a donkey movie its gonna hppen no matter what so you might as well brace yourself for it.