Escape to the Movies: Toy Story 3

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
My eyes swelled watching this movie. Especially the last fucking scene before the credits.

This was PERFECT. First was good, second was great, and the last was incredible.

It really says something that I could sympathize with characters that are literally pieces of plastics unlike most film characters that come off as completely superficial.

Thank you Pixar. Thank you from a 23-year-old "boy". It's because of you I could still feel like a kid and love every second of it.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
after getting home from watching it...i got to say, if you didn't at LEAST have to fight off tears for those last 15minutes YOU DO NOT HAVE A SOUL. GOD that was great...i cried manly 20 year old tears for that last part.

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
I've never cried so much in the theater. Pixar...I'll always love you. Your characters and the characters I've met elsewhere in my life are my Woody and Buzz. I'll always cherish the memories that I have with you, and may you inspire the children of generations to come.

To infinity and beyond.

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
The best part, IMO, was the total subversion of the old "villain has chance at redemption, considers evil, chooses redemption" trope. And yes, the last scene made me cry a little.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
Wow, I don't think I can disagree with this review any more. Personally, I found the story to be meh. It really is just Andy going to college, and could've been told in about 20 minutes with over an hour of filler in the middle. And not even good filler. It feels like really crappy Pokemon fillers that really cater to little 4 year old kids with really corny jokes and cheesy execution.

The whole alien toy saving the world thing was probably the most predictable part in my recent memory. The movie had the scene all set up for some really really epic save, but it ended up being THAT stupid most obvious, idiotic solution.

This movie would've been GREAT if I was 5, but I'm not. Everything about the movie was just way too corny. The only good part is the last 10 minutes and maybe the first 10 minutes. The rest of the movie are easily forgettable. But of course, that's just my opinion. Maybe the bar was just too high. I felt that this is by far and away the worst Pixar film ever. It feels like a generic Dreamworks film.
FaceFaceFace said:
The best part, IMO, was the total subversion of the old "villain has chance at redemption, considers evil, chooses redemption" trope. And yes, the last scene made me cry a little.
I don't think he chose redemption. He chose to be evil in the end in the most eye rolling "are you serious" moment in predictable cinema.

PS. To people who haven't seen the movie yet, don't watch it in 3D. It's not worth the extra cash.

Bacterial-Ash

Jun 22, 2010
Hey guys, first post after a few years of lurking, creating acounts but not using them and some more lurking. Anyway, just had to sign up (again), because nobody else had mentioned THIS yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQDNLkT3c&feature=related

On subject: Loved Toy Story 1 and 2 when I was a kid, knowing me, Ill probably love 3 even more...

EDIT: Thought I could insert video's into these post. Sadly, I was proven wrong. (Damn, my first post ended up a failure... how about that)

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
... huh.

What does it say about movies and myself that i honestly expected the third movie to be total crap not worth seeing? Thanks for letting me know i'm wrong.

Sep 14, 2009
dashiz94 said:
that's great to hear it's a faithful and perfect sequel. that said....

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING UP THAT SCENE FROM THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER?!?!?!? Do you know how LONG it took me to forget that!? DO YOU?!
lol same. i saw that again 14 years later and my eyes lit up with a hint of old fear

OT: this movie was awesome, and i am about that age of andy so it did follow me perfect just about, but anyways the last 10 minutes i did shed a few tears..its good stuff in 3D

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Bacterial-Ash said:
Hey guys, first post after a few years of lurking, creating acounts but not using them and some more lurking. Anyway, just had to sign up (again), because nobody else had mentioned THIS yet:

On subject: Loved Toy Story 1 and 2 when I was a kid, knowing me, Ill probably love 3 even more...

EDIT: Thought I could insert video's into these post. Sadly, I was proven wrong. (Damn, my first post ended up a failure... how about that)
Don't fret young one, for embedding videos into your posts is something you will learn through time.

(You type: (youtube=MJSGHytzKN0) with brackets instead of parentheses, to embed the random SC2 vid with this url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJSGHytzKN0)

Time has passed, and you have learned. Easy, see?

jmoore4ska

Predicament Pro Tem
Oct 15, 2009
ThisNewGuy said:
FaceFaceFace said:
I don't think he chose redemption. He chose to be evil in the end in the most eye rolling "are you serious" moment in predictable cinema.
Just to clarify, FFF's point was that the villain "subverted" the trope. Whereas most movies would have the villain choose redemption, he chose to stay evil in TS3 like you observed. FFF was saying that he chose evil, not redemption.

OBZ

Mar 21, 2010
"But, then again, the real villian that's been stalking woody and his friends is...time" For some reason, that was the funniest thing you said in that interview. Haha. Anyways, review "Unthinkable," por favor. Gracia.

okiness

Apr 29, 2010
Oh it was incredibly perfect timing, pixar. I was 3 when the first one came out, saw the second in theaters. I'm 18 now and going to college in a few months. My brother is 12 and laughed at me for crying. No regrets, man.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Amazing movie. Yeah, I grew up with Toy Story, being 17 now like Andy, going to college, and saw it with a bunch of friends. We were all choking back tears at the end. It also had some hilarious bits, but yeah. Best movie I've seen in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, easy.

Bacterial-Ash

Jun 22, 2010
Mortagog said:
Bacterial-Ash said:

Don't fret young one, for embedding videos into your posts is something you will learn through time.

(You type: (youtube=MJSGHytzKN0) with brackets instead of parentheses, to embed the random SC2 vid with this url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJSGHytzKN0)

Time has passed, and you have learned. Easy, see?
Why thank you! I knew I'd like it here.