Escape to the Movies: Transformers Revenge

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Transformers Revenge

MovieBob takes a look at Michael Bay's latest masterpiece: Transformers Revenge.

Watch Video

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Thank you MovieBob thank you sooooo much! the film sucks so much and Soundwave was such a let down.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Hope this thread doesnt go the same way the Star Trek one did. Wasnt going to see this film, but is nice to have my own conviction renforced in such a...explicit manner :D

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Great review, made me laugh pretty hard. But also cry at the fact that the movie was terrible.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Transformers = avoid. gotcha.

also, is it just me or is Moviebob becomming more and more like Yahtzee with a red background? oh wells, it isn't a bad thing :p

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I never understood the rage against human characters in transformers. I strangely like Shia I think he's a good actor. I couldn't make it though the review cause it seem hate for hates sake. My personal opinion was it was the most fun movie i've seen this summer. But i'm not a critic or cynic....

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I knew this one was coming and once again I mostly agree. As I was watching this I was thinking to myself that I didn't want to watch a movie about that kid and his girlfriend. I came to see a movie about Transformers and they didn't even do much. The effects were great, but they should have made at least a halfway interesting movie with the huge budget and effects that they had.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I really regretted seeing that film.

And I thought the first one was bad, you basically summed up everything I hated in this movie. But what I hated the most was all that dirty humor. The Twins were annoying as hell and basically served cheap immature jokes for everyone to laugh at. I didn't need to see a robot's genitals, I didn't need to see a mans bare ass, and I didn't need to see dogs and tiny robots humping each other.

And don't get me stared on the unnecessary love plot.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Point Taken.

Megan Fox is really nothing more than an overpublicized sex symbol. I've known that for a while.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
So basically the movie Transformers isn't about the transformers. In that case, I'm definately not going to see this.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
That annoying satellite thing was Soundwave? I now hate this movie more than I did 5 minutes ago.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
But...but...Michael Bay blows mad shit up.

*weeps into his Transformer's sheets that he's owned since 1991*

Jul 9, 2008
Wow, a little angry there, huh Bob? I haven't seen this movie yet, nor did I plan to even before this review, especially considering I still haven't seen Up! (is Up! even still out?).

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
Dear GOD that was a lot of anger.

Then again, after watching 20 minutes of the first Transformers movie (that's as far as I could go before my eyes retreated into my liver), I can understand why MovieBob would be angry.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Thank you Movie Bob, Megan Fox is less real than the CGI and you are my hero for saying it how it is. I was going to see this because I figured at least the theaters are air conditioned but I'll stay at home and sweat.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Haven't seen any of the movies so I don't know whether or not I agree with you, but your reviews/comments/opinions/whatever they are are always fun to watch. Routing for you on Screw Attack ^^

Circus Ascendant

Jul 9, 2008
Bit of a critique of a critique here...

Suddenly he's a fixture on the Escapist and he's TALKING MUCH FASTER. Now I like MovieBob a LOT, and I was just waiting for him to get a proper regular position, but still. He flashes up text while he's talking like Yahtzee does, except (very similar to Yahtzee's quicktime event rant here) when Yahtzee does it it's at least reasonable to read them as you're going. With the ones in this, I had to go back and pause it to actually read all of it. Yes it's funny stuff, but all that it served to do because it was on screen for such a painfully short time was serve to break up his review and make it more disjointed.

This whole thing has given me an idea... to the microphone!

But still. I quite enjoyed both the new Transformers movies, and I am a HUGE fan of the original source material. Considering who Michael Bay IS, I think we have got off exceptionally lightly.