Escape to the Movies: Unstoppable

Jul 22, 2009
Good review ^_^ almost makes up for that travesty of a show you now also do...

Still this looks quite boring to me so I probably won't go see it... I want to see more out of the ordinary Sci Fi/Fantasy than something grounded vaguely in reality.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Glad to see Tony Scott hasn't lost his touch. I've really enjoyed any movie that pairs him with Denzel, and adding Rosario Dawson to the mix is a win-win for me.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I'm not a fan of mindless action movies, so I wasn't into this. Then I heard it was actually a disaster movie, and I was even less inclined to see it.

Actually, when I heard the title, I was hoping it was the long awaited sequel to Unbreakable.
Wishful thinking, I know.

Nice review Bob.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
As soon as it was mentioned that the train goes at high speed, without a driver, headed for a crash into civilisation, I just KNEW there was a Thomas the Tank Engine joke to be made! I wonder if any station managers' breakfasts get spoiled in the process...

Anyway, the movie looks like a heap of fun, so maybe I'll go see it. :)

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Heh too bad kinda wanted to see a review for skyline (not that review was bad or that the movie didn't warrant one), cause I haven't manage to find one yet and thought it might be good but wanted some examination before anything.

bor3ds0ul

Apr 8, 2008
Finally, a movie that MovieBob said go see it that I can actually watch in my city.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Looks interesting enough, glad to hear it was entertaining.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
Redem said:
Heh too bad kinda wanted to see a review for skyline (not that review was bad or that the movie didn't warrant one), cause I haven't manage to find one yet and thought it might be good but wanted some examination before anything.
Have to say I was in that boat too. Still Great review

the trooper

Oct 17, 2009
argh why did u have to mention thomas. now i cant stop imagining what this film would be like with him and his friends. ahhh some good childhood memories with them. part from that great review as always.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I saw the Advert for unstoppable in the cinema with some friends to see Parnormal Activity 2.

Well, when the ad came on we all lughed at how over the top it was, but after PA2 we all though that unstopable would be miles better in comparision.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
im surprised you liked it, i have heard nothing but bad things about this movie, most of it being rooted in boredom, i have seen 5 reviews for it and this is the first positive one, its still a sure pass for me, it just seems clichéd and boring, but if you are in to that kind of flicks i guess its still worth a watch, i mean i will still go see any movie that features giant puppet monsters no matter how clichéd and bad they are.

infact if they re made this movie with a alien caterpillar instead of a train i would have already seen it.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
no Skyline this week? I am disappoint...though this movie looks kinda interesting, still going to see skyline today or tomorrow, though. This....eh, probably waiting for it on DVD (I get free movie rentals from work)

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Gotta love Thomas, its actually was one of the few toys lines were they toys pretty much did as much as the character on the show. Which was moving around and talk through voice over without their face ever moving.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Yes, Bob, we're old. I know.

And before you bag on Scalia, you should read some of his opinion statements. Just because he is a conservative and anti-judicial activism doesn't mean that he is closed to the idea of gaming as a protected form of media. Labelling people that way is lame and is part of the reason the United States is in such a crappy political situation these days. I mean seriously, how is "Conservative must be bad guy" any better than the bullshit jingoism that the Tea Party tries to push on people?

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Hey, Scalia's always been on the side of liberty. Yes his views on torture are repugnant but you can always count on him to defend our right to free speech. I imagine he only supports torture because he believes that speech needs to be shaken loose every once in a while.

Anyway, I was on the fence about this movie... if you say it's fun then I'll believe you but I probably won't catch it until it hits the dollar circuit.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
"It's not just a train, it's a missile the size of the Chrysler Building."

There's a dick joke in there... I just know it.