Escape to the Movies: Unstoppable

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
FarSpace said:
jamesworkshop said:
exactly how is the train a danger to anyone, it has a set route and a set speed, people don't directly place houses directly on the tracks
True, and besides they can just have some old action hero jump off a helocopter on to it and its done, or just dump a bunch of pennies onto the tracks, lol.

This move's like an old man & why are they doing that and does anyone care what that business guy says or thinks anyways and trians are all run by the government anyways and its a ruse that the government would want to do someone nicer then anyone else after all the government is people same as everyone else. :)

the thing were someone wants us to believe the government is better then any one else is crazy talk and just some way to get suckers to vote for em, there all bad and everyone should know it... hahaha
Atleast volcanoes are unpredictable, a runaway train has almost no variables

FarSpace

Mar 21, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
FarSpace said:
jamesworkshop said:
exactly how is the train a danger to anyone, it has a set route and a set speed, people don't directly place houses directly on the tracks
True, and besides they can just have some old action hero jump off a helocopter on to it and its done, or just dump a bunch of pennies onto the tracks, lol.

This move's like an old man & why are they doing that and does anyone care what that business guy says or thinks anyways and trians are all run by the government anyways and its a ruse that the government would want to do someone nicer then anyone else after all the government is people same as everyone else. :)

the thing were someone wants us to believe the government is better then any one else is crazy talk and just some way to get suckers to vote for em, there all bad and everyone should know it... hahaha
Atleast volcanoes are unpredictable, a runaway train has almost no variables
But since this movie is STUPID, yes lets admit it, lol, It looks like some one placed and entire 'Town' on the tracks, LOL... :D

Albek

Nov 13, 2010
Mr_Universal said:
so what makes this movie any different from atomic train?, other than the nuke being replaced by toxic chemicals? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144039/
I think the most pertinent question is "why did they remake Atomic Train?". My friends and I recently watched it at a 'bad film night' and in a way it spoilt the evening - afterwards all the other films we had lined up actually seemed good...
To give a quick summary of Atomic Train: 45 minutes of the authorities failing to stop a train, 45 minutes of the authorities failing to put out a fire, 30 minutes of a hilariously inept family failing to flee nuclear fallout
I don't think I have been forced to facepalm more in one two hour slot at any other time in my life.
Unfortunately I can't see how this film can be any better - the central issue being that a train is just not all that threatening; not in the modern age at least. Its constricted to move in one dimension for a start, just how hard can it be to make sure that noting else occupies that solitary dimension until it comes to a natural stop? Or is it a perpetual motion train? Failing that why can't they just take the damn hazardous material off the train then derail it?

I'll stop ranting now, at least before I get on to Atomic Train's least likeable character, dubbed by my friends 'Fatakin Cakewalker'...

LastCelt1989

Jan 7, 2009
Probably wont go and see it for two reasons. 1) A runaway train? Really, like has already been said thats about as boring as disaster movies go.

2) Is it just me or does Denzel Washington tend to overact in every movie hes in. Even in the trailer you could see little bits of scenery in between his teeth.

Yeah this movie looks like ass.

Apples_McGrind

Oct 27, 2009
Swaki said:
im surprised you liked it, i have heard nothing but bad things about this movie, most of it being rooted in boredom, i have seen 5 reviews for it and this is the first positive one, its still a sure pass for me, it just seems clichéd and boring, but if you are in to that kind of flicks i guess its still worth a watch, i mean i will still go see any movie that features giant puppet monsters no matter how clichéd and bad they are.

infact if they re made this movie with a alien caterpillar instead of a train i would have already seen it.
It's actually been getting pretty good reviews in general.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unstoppable-2010/

But regardless of the reviews, this just didn't catch my eye. I was more hoping to see Skyline.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Nice to see this one turns out to be good.
The early word on the street (Internet Buzz) says that Skyline is AWFUL

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Basically, if you've seen the trailers, you've seen the good parts

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Anyway, this one hasn't come out here in Mexico yet, but we did just get Buried and Machete, so there's that.
Also, they're showing Back to the Future at a theater near my house to celebrate its 25th birthday.
It's been a great day to be a movie geek:
BTTF: Still as great as it was back then
Machete: Politics meets grindhouse bloody over-the-topness. Hands down the most FUN I've had with a movie this year. (Scott Pilgrim hasn't made it here yet, JSYK) Danny Trejo makes Jason Voorhees look like a *****.
Buried: Damn good. Reminded me a bit about Dial M for Murder with the whole single setting thing. Great performance from Reynolds. Oh yeah, people were PISSED at the ending. I was getting my mind ready for that outcome, though. When a movie's ending can piss the average moviegoer off, or at least someone who doesn't follow Bob around the internet, that is a damn good movie

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
Eldan said:
So, I think I may be missing something, but... why can't they just cut the power to the train?
Do you mean smash the diesel with a crowbar? Because you know, these doesn't work with electricity, heh.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
Justice Scalia has always been on the "good guy's side". Well, if the good guys include those who believe in the Constitution and the law of the land...

Maybe that says something about MovieBob

Hey Bob, just keep to reviewing movies and stay out of politics...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Looks kinda boring to me, the 'epic' line sounded like sarcasm. Good review anyway.

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
MovieBob said:
Unstoppable

This week MovieBob takes a look at Unstoppable.

Watch Video
This reminds of the John Voight movie "Runaway Train" from 1985. Even the old grizzled man and a young pup vs a senior corporate figure are there.

Toasted Nuts

Feb 17, 2010
The film looks good from what i have seen in trailers. Though it is probably predictable in its final out come, the trailer really got me interested when i was watching it at the cinema the other week. Might check this film out soon :)

Also what keeps bringing this movie to my attention is when i was at the cinema a few weeks ago and i saw the trailer to this film, my mate next to me came out with, after the trailer came on, "Shit dangerous train". Which to this day still makes me chuckle given the timing of when he said it, so every time i see the advert for this film i keep saying "Shit dangerous train" though other people around me who do not know why i keep saying that give me funny looks ^_^.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
I just saw this, and I thought Chris Pine was great. He was great in Star Trek, too. I think you just hate Chris Pine, Bob.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Knew Bob couldn't resist bringing up Star Trek as a crack on Pine.
Don't know what exact two facial expressions you're talking about besides: Pretty blue-eyed boy and Pretty blue-eyed boy in distress.
He seems a competent enough actor and looks don't hurt.

btw is it just me or is Denzel Washington suddenly becoming typecast as the unlikely hero conductor? Seriously, Pelham 123 and now this.

Grey_Focks said:
no Skyline this week? I am disappoint...though this movie looks kinda interesting, still going to see skyline today or tomorrow, though. This....eh, probably waiting for it on DVD (I get free movie rentals from work)
I think Bob's already been sufficiently depressed by how shitty the previous sci-fi film he reviewed was, as to deter him from doing Skyline.

tl;dr It's shit.