Escape to the Movies: Up!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I was looking forward to this one, let's see if I have the time to go watch it between the exams and project deliveries.

So, can we consider "escape to the movies" the new MobieBob "series"? Would be about time too. MovieBob = Win.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Well, I must say I was more impressed by this review. When not in fanboy mode, it seems MovieBob is capable of speaking in a measured, calm, informative way and is quite nice fellow.

I rather enjoyed the tangent in which he exposed on some film theory too. More like this please Bob.

ampa451

Nov 22, 2008
I think that when it comes down to these kind of movies, Pixar is invincible.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Wow your best review in my opinion.

Its funny, last week I saw Night at the Museum. Before the movie stared I was flooded with previews of mediocre kid films. But one movie looked very promising, and that was Up! I seen the previews and I cant wait to see this film.

boyitsme95

Feb 26, 2008
I am going to the movies today (Or at the very least trying) and it came down to a chioce between Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, or Up! After seeing this review, I am definitly going to go see Up!, because what I want in a movie is characters with emotional heart and depth, and Moviebob has communicated that this movie has just that. Congratulations on the new series, and thank you.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I really didn't need MovieBob to tell me this was going to be good, but this was a nice review nonetheless (despite my intense disagreement with his Star Trek review *glares*).

Still you KNOW you've got a good one on your hands when watching the trailer almost makes you jump for joy.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Wow. MovieBob. This was... Really good! You do better when you're being optimistic, man - really enjoyable! I haven't heard of Up!, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
ampa451 said:
Have Pixar ever released a bad film?
Not that I'm aware of, but I hear Cars is the weakest of them.

That was a good review, usually MovieBob's kind of whiney and fanboyish, but optimism suits him.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
That was a really good review, I will have to go and see this now. Thanks MovieBob.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Now maybe it was because he was more positive this time, but it was nice to see a better review compared to the last one I saw, which was Star Trek.

I had some frank problems with that review, and the way in which it was conducted, but this one seemed to bounce back from those 'issues', even if the technical aspect of the delivery still drives me up the wall. Hopefully it wasn't merely because he enjoyed the film, but I'd like to think of this as an example of how you don't need piles of swearing to be informative, entertaining, and clear on your points. Much better then the Star Trek review. Which, by the way, I saw just the other day and enjoyed. But, then again, I'm not a star Trek fan so maybe the big fans have more to complain about.

Again: technical issues still annoying the crap out of me, but the script and delivery were much much better. Moviebob, I hope this is the cautious beginning of a long fan-ship.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
stormcaller said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
ampa451 said:
Have Pixar ever released a bad film?
Did they do Flushed Away? Not bad per say but not as good
No, that was Dreamworks.
Ok then, nup Pixar is golden.

I'd like to make this point though, maybe the father/son "boy" movie thing may have come partially from the Disney cartoon movies. Think Lion King, Tarzan, Hercules.