Escape to the Movies: Wrath of the Titans

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Interesting... I remember getting a very distinct feeling that Battle: LA was like a movie version of a Call of Duty-style FPS. So it's not really surprising to me that Wrath of the Titans would have a video game feel also. I'll bet the director is a gamer.

Madshadow

Mar 10, 2011
Probably will see it one day no real rush to see it, I'm bumped about the raid though, seeing it will fall of my radar very soon yet i still want to see it really really bad.

Please mention a DVD/Blu Ray Release of some sort when the time comes.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I wasn't interested partly because the first kind of was related to actual Greek Myth, but the second just seems to be riding on the popularity of the first, but after hearing "big, dumb, homeless Super Saiyans," I kind of want to see it for the heck of it.

Also, Anchorman was a good, funny movie but a sequel this many years after the first just seems like a cash grab. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's funny.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
I think the naming conventions of this series is going to run out of steam fast. I mean, what's next? Math of the Titans where Euclid must defeat Hyperion by tricking him into taking the wrong angle? (as opposed to the right angle. Get it? GET IT?) How about Bath of the Titans where Bridget Bardot must defeat Mnemosyne by getting naked? Or Cash of the Titans where the titans send the Blues Brothers on a mission to raise enough money to save the orphanage? And why not Snacks of the Titans where Harold and Kumar get the titans all baked and they go on a quest to find pizza rolls? Actually that second one might not be so bad, but the rest sound terrible.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
the antithesis said:
I think the naming conventions of this series is going to run out of steam fast. I mean, what's next? Math of the Titans where Euclid must defeat Hyperion by tricking him into taking the wrong angle? (as opposed to the right angle. Get it? GET IT?) How about Bath of the Titans where Bridget Bardot must defeat Mnemosyne by getting naked? Or Cash of the Titans where the titans send the Blues Brothers on a mission to raise enough money to save the orphanage? And why not Snacks of the Titans where Harold and Kumar get the titans all baked and they go on a quest to find pizza rolls? Actually that second one might not be so bad, but the rest sound terrible.
The next one will be Bash of the Titans. Hephaestus invents the internet but the Titans use it to troll the gods. The big ending will be when our hero has to face off against LOL Titan.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I have absolutely zero interest in Clash or Wrath, but thanks for putting The Raid on my Raid-ar (sorry). Seriously though, looks badass.

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
"Liam Neeson and Ray Fynes stomping around a battlefield, in their big dumb fake beards throwing people around like a pair of supersaiyans."

Bahahahhaa!

That was a good one. Saw a review for The Raid in one of the local free papers, also said it was damn cool choreographed (Indonesian or Malasian?) fighting.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Berithil said:
I'll probably see this. Yeah, I'm sure its gonna be more of a generic action movie, but it will be nice to see some titans that, you know, ARE ACTUALLY TITANS!!

Seriously, I watched immortals and, as huge Greek mythology buff, I had to restrain myself from throwing something at the tv. It was a decent action flick as far as the general movie went, but as for the mythology, I think that might of been the worst movie I've seen as far as ruthlessly butchering the source material. I'm sure this movie won't do it as bad as immortals.

Now, rant over, I enjoyed the remake of clash. Yeah the original was better, but it was a decent action movie that did its job as entertainment, so this will probably be the same. Also, I need to see some actual Greek mythological monsters, not some guy wearing a bull shaped helmet.

Sorry about my rant, I needed to get that out of my system
I'm glad you did rant. I could not agree more with you. A Titan should look interesting: not like a human being heavily spattered with cool whip.

How do you take characters that were sort of the comic book super heroes of their day and make them THIS boring!?!? I wasted $30 to see this in 3D on my TV. Maybe I'll get a couple of bucks back on Ebay.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Agent Larkin said:
And "Anchorman 2?" REALLY? Come on that movie did not deserve a sequel. One or two funny moments at most.
Clearly you missed the review where Bob admits he thinks Will Ferell is funny.

For some reason.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Actually I am kind of looking forward to that other Snow white movie. Julia Roberts movies Im always skipping, don't like her. Even the footage you are showing here looks kind of horrible.

Well Kristen steward isn't much better but hey, at least the movie looks kind of promising. And Kristen looks kind of nice in some shots. ^^

About Clash of the Titans, I liked it, for the brainless thing that it was. I'm sorry to see that this movie isn't any better. So this will probably mean that I won't watch it in theater but wait untill its on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Mr_Jellyfish

Jan 11, 2011
I dunno what to make of this, I can let Watchman slide, but the Immortals was such an awful, awful, awful movie. My trust in Moviebob is a little fractured.

Jellly

Sep 22, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Jellly said:
I'm hoping others noted the irony when Bob said he advises us to see the raid based on what seems like just about any generic fight scene. Looks pretty boring to me.
Having seen more than a few kung-fu films in my time, I would just like to say that the Raid trailer has some of the most impressive coreography I've yet seen. Bouncing a guy's head repeatedly off a wall isn't something we get to see all that often in kung-fu films. I, for one, am really intrigued. If it's as good as Ong Bak 2, then we're onto a winner.
Fair enough. However from somebody that has seen action movies but not an extensive amount, the trailer does look fairly "generic action" kind of thing. That's just from my perspective though.

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
Oh... oh Movie Bob I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously any more.

Ever since you decided to make a 'Big Picture' video where you just... well... complained about everything I can't take you seriously anymore.

I guess, our relationship is over. Well it's true that I kind of saw this coming but I hoped it would still be far away. I was never truly happy anyway.

So thanks for the memories Bob... I'll miss you.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Pfft. Clash of the Titans (2010) was about as engaging as plain lettuce in a white bowl.
Arguing that the characters are acting out of character would imply that they had personality to begin with. And the only thing I can remember from that movie were the monsters and CGI.

Apples_McGrind

Oct 27, 2009
You give Wrath of the Titans a passing grade, but couldn't bother with The Hunger Games?

Well, it's your opinion... your crazy, crazy opinion ;)

callistowolf

Apr 5, 2010
Thanks for bringing up The Raid, I had no idea of its existence and am now dragging all my friends to it!

Rasputin-2

Jan 18, 2010
Saw Mirror Mirror Friday night with the wife. It was entertaining and I am in no way a fan of Julia Roberts.