Escape to the Movies: Zero Dark Thirty

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Zero Dark Thirty

MovieBob takes us behind the story behind the search for Bin Laden.

Watch Video

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
I'm predicting that this movie is going to win Movie of the Year at the Oscars. Maybe it's one of those movies that actually deserves it!

Unfortunately, it's going to look like I'm not going to be able to see it for a while as it's only in select theatres.

But there's the new Tom Cruise movie! *laugh track*

IronSuplex

Apr 13, 2012
Well as much as I like Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth and I havent seen all his movies yet, his other works that I did see kinda suck (like those horror films). Pacific Rim indeed looks like it will suck.
As for this film, welp I guessed he would gush about it. I really don't like the look of it so I'll just ignore it.

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
Oddly I do remember where I was it was high school homeroom sophomore year I think. I thought they were going to send us home after what happened we didn't.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Thank you for the review. You're actually the reason why I will see this movie. I thought it was going to be the tired and old stick of, lets glorify this. Do not care, and you change my mind on that. Well done. You keep giving reasons to watch. I wish you the best of luck with the horrible movies that are going to be coming out in January. Though atleast it gives you an excuse to do a, good movies you might of missed, episode.

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
Stoked to go see this one ASAP. The next few weeks are going to be awesome.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
jaded zombie said:
an unbiased account of the events leading to the death of bin laden made by hollywood?
call me skeptical
Well, the US military and government have already made it impossible to form any accurate account of the events by denying access to critical evidence, so I really doubt Hollywood could overcome that limitation.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh, hadn't even heard of that one... does seem impressive that it was made in the form that it was though.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
4:28 "Told ya so"

What exactly was I looking at? Some kind of sequel to Cloverfield or, is that something from the upcoming Godzilla? Or was that something completely different? I'm completely confused about what that could have possibly been other than some kind of Ginbu-made-movie-monster.

---

I didn't know what this movie was at first but now I do. I don't plan to see it honestly...Just not my kind of thing. Looks interesting though.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So how's the shaky cam?

Because I remember it being annoying as hell in The Hurt Locker.

TheWojo

Jan 28, 2009
Thank Gods for new episode!

It will make my tommorow's pre-christmas shopping much more bearable.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Pacific Rim doesn't look great.

As for this, I dunno. Perhaps as a non-American I just won't get it, but it looks like the usual pro-America thing, even if that's not the intent. When you have two bad guys (and for a large part of the actual conflict, two equally unpopular guys) fighting, winning, or even how they got there, isn't especially captivating. Perhaps it's just too soon, events that not only happened in our lifetime, but actually within the last couple of years, are normally far more thrilling in life than on the big screen.