Escapecraft: The Big Build

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
Finally, the second episode! And not on a Saturday as I'd hoped :(
That was pretty fun. It could use some work, especially in the camera department, but still good for a first time. I was wondering though, is this all the series is gonna be?
dont worry our list of videos we are working on is diverse :) its not just events and commentary ;)
Ah, good. Hopefully it won't take as much time between episodes as well, do you have a timetable?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
GeorgW said:
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
That was pretty fun. It could use some work, especially in the camera department, but still good for a first time. I was wondering though, is this all the series is gonna be?
dont worry our list of videos we are working on is diverse :) its not just events and commentary ;)
Ah, good. Hopefully it won't take as much time between episodes as well, do you have a timetable?
kind of. we are trying to speed up our output but its a case of "Its done when its done"
randomguy425 said:
Not at all what I was expecting it to be, but I like.
thanks! :D

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
kind of. we are trying to speed up our output but its a case of "Its done when its done"
randomguy425 said:
Ah. Well, that's better than rushing it. Still, it's hard to get invested in a series when it's only on once a month.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
GeorgW said:
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
randomguy425 said:
Ah. Well, that's better than rushing it. Still, it's hard to get invested in a series when it's only on once a month.
i completly understand that. but this isnt a job to us. its closer to a labour of love :).

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
vallorn said:
GeorgW said:
randomguy425 said:
i completly understand that. but this isnt a job to us. its closer to a labour of love :).
I get that. I'll just have to wait :)

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Nice to see a flash up trollface in there.

That line in the in was brilliant. "Now if only there were better ones"

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Bad narrator, ill-judged camera position, and boring script. Ok it might have been less boring with a better voice, but anyway, I don't think I'll bother watching more of this series.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
urprobablyright said:
I think this narrator needs to shut the hell up and hand over the narration duties to Harrison Ford.

Seriously, though, I think someone trying to sound like a slower and more dapper'er Yahtzee (is this site based in the UK or something?) should at least learn some/edit his English and stop holding his nostrils. And work on timing. And just stop trying so hard, I guess.
Nah.

We're based in the USA. We just like having the token Brit narrate for us because, wow, you guessed it, we would love to be like a more dapper'er Yahtzee. I mean, gosh, I'm amazed you deduced that. You are a super sleuth, sir, and I commend you for not jumping to any form of conclusion based upon someone's accent and a script about people building something in Minecraft.

Really, how did you know that when we first conceived of this the thought that went through everyone's head was "Gosh you guys, how can we be more like Yahtzee in this video?" "Remember guys, let's try REALLY, REALLY hard too. We need to convince everyone we're legit. We don't want to appear lame on the internet. Serious business guys."

We need more people like you to keep us on our toes so we can more appease the entertainment qualifications that you require.

Hope you visit us sometime! (You can find our server address and web address in the video. Go ahead and watch it again.)

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
anyone else got any constructive criticism for us? please give us details not just vague "i dont like the voice over" bits because then we can use that to make our next videos better :)

and if you come onto the Server ask about Darkhaven. i have plenty of plots and free (legitimate) materials for new players :)

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I really like the idea of the series, and I can't wait more for it. I don't think the snarky voice-over really worked very well though. The jokes didn't make me laugh and seeing awesome things like this makes me feel more in the mood for enthusiasm. If the guy was putting on a voice, I think it would probably work better without. I hope I'm not being too harsh because I really did enjoy the video

The only other criticism is that it'd be great to work a little bit on camera placement, we couldn't really see much for that video. If the camera had been a little closer and it had been sped up more you could have spent more time showcasing the things people had made.

Thanks for the video i'm looking forward to the next one!

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
urprobablyright said:
1) The Narrator isn't "Faux British". He's actually British, and still hasn't put on any sort of accent.
2) His narration sounds exactly like his normal talking voice. Some people just have a naturally snarky way of speaking/sense of humour.
3) You must not have noticed in the credits that the person who was named as the creator of the "art" was also the person who was doing the narration. Self-deprecation is very common in British humour.
4) Movie-Bob comes from Boston in the US, and I'm not entirely sure how you mix up those two accents.

Just thought I'd point those out to you.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
This event made me laugh pretty much all the way through. Good coverage! I only realized at the very end he was the one building in the center, and laughed even harder.

Does anyone want to come to the Aether? You can eat these.