Escapism '09 the Second, Sydney

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Khedive Rex said:
I feel like pretending I have the means of arriving in Sydney in early December to attend this event...

So put me down as a maybe! (though I feel Shrodingers cat is perhaps a poor metaphor in my case. I'm less of a "He might be here he might not." and more of a "Its impossible to predict if he's coming here". Maybe Heisenberg Khedive Rex.)
Well if you're lucky we'll have developed teleporters by that point.

Cxizent

Jan 14, 2009
Labyrinth said:
Really? Could you get pricings and the like?
It's $80 for a mid-levelish kit that comes with gun, mask, belt loader, 200 balls and lunch.
You can pay less and get less balls and no belt loader, or pay more for more balls.
You can buy balls on the day. It's best to buy in bulk, $200 will get you 3.5k balls, from memory. It's Extreme Skirmish, and their prices are liable to go up and down from what I've heard.

Oh and this is for whole day - starts at around 7 am and goes till early/mid afternoon

Sark

Jun 21, 2009
Insert Comedy Here said:
Sweet, I'll see what I'm doing in December. If nothing (i.e school) I'll probably jump a train over.

Sark said:
Nobody north of Sydney driving or training it?
Training from Newcastle.
Sounds like a plan.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Another get together huh? Yeah it sounds like fun (again) so I might turn up. That is if I'm wanted and not in Hong Kong or Melbourne. At the moment both are looking slightly possible.

Anyway, put me down as a cat in a box.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Labyrinth said:
So the Brits/Irish/Scottish just had theirs, and I've had plans in the pipeline for another this year.

Anyway! To the point. Date will be December 5th. Same deal as last time with the meeting at Central Railway station. Just a note, this is in the big foyer on the top level. Up the other end of the building to the Countrylink check-in. Unless we decide to hold it somewhere else entirely.

Now to the important bits. What should we do? A few suggestions have been tossed around.

-Lasertag / bowling again (Darling Harbour)
-Paintball (Helensburg possibly? Prices to come.)
-Arcade (Above Paddy's Markets)
-Gaming (somewhere)
-Somehow getting something more awesome than the UK's shirts
-[insert your idea here]

For paintball there's going to be some organisation, a fair bit of cost and some significant lying-about-ages (but we won't mention that here, no no). I have no idea where we'd go to do this, as the only Paintball I know of is at Mt Keira in Wollongong.

I'd also like to get a list of people who're going. Even if you're currently uncertain, it's 6 months away, so put up a "Maybe".

Suggestions, comments, well-wishes etc. I will as ever be posting a reminder thread closer to the time to make sure everyone remembers. And sending out a bunch of PMs to anyone who hasn't ensured me they will be coming. I'm up for giving out my mobile to those attending who don't have it all ready in the case things go pear-shaped.

RSVP list
-Shrodinger's [user]prefectimo[/user]
-Shrodinger's [user]Graustein[/user]
-Shrodinger's [user]Armitage Shanks[/user]
-Shrodinger's [user]3.141592654[/user]
-Shrodinger's [user]Lord Krunk[/user]
-Heisenberg [user]Khedive Rex[/user]
-[user]Sark[/user]
-[user]raemiel[/user]
-[user]Cxizent[/user]
-[user]Beefcakes[/user]
-[user]Madbird-valiant[/user]
-[user]Yoshimota[/user]
-[user]Ultrajoe[/user]
-[user]Insert Comedy Here[/user]
-[user]Peach_hat[/user]
-[user]Labyrinth[/user]

Transport for Vic/SA Escapists: [user]Beefcakes[/user] is organising a road trip. I don't know how many places are left. Get in contact with him.
Yay! Can I tag along?

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
There's good paintball around richmond and Rouse hill. Shop around till you find some cheap deals.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Well.. I'll be on holidays then most likely with more money then I know what to do with.

Put me down as a large maybe.

Haha I know a certain "Rad" girl with a house around that area ~.^

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Ok, i want in again!
I liked the last time, great fun, plus i should be just getting back from schoolies like the day or two before. (Hopefully not overlapping, that would be disappointing)
Sark said:
Nobody north of Sydney driving or training it?
I will be training it like last time. Central Coast is where i am located. Really, would be enjoyable to have some people to talk to on the train back, cause i got bored last time.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
Yeah, I'm not gonna miss this. I'll help organise if you wish.

I'm not leaning towards paintball though. I'd much rather laser tag. Maybe we could all go to Zone 3 at 5 Dock this time. It could be interesting.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I'm feeling a strange urge to go to this here shindig. And I find that worrying. Seriously...maybe. I'm not sure yet. I'll see how I feel in a few weeks. I must ponder on this. Don't put me down, otherwise I'll feel pressured.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
latenightapplepie said:
I'm feeling a strange urge to go to this here shindig. And I find that worrying. Seriously...maybe. I'm not sure yet. I'll see how I feel in a few weeks. I must ponder on this. Don't put me down, otherwise I'll feel pressured.
No pressure man. Go to Escapism... go to Escapism. Go oooooon.. No pressure at all.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
IRC has thrown up another option for what to do that day. A chocolate shop crawl. Similar to a pub crawl but more addictive.

Some places we'd visit
-Lindt Cafe
-Max Brenner
-Haiges Chocolates

There are additional options such as Pancakes On The Rocks below the Lasertag place. I'll actually book a table this time.

Mar 17, 2009
All this trying to outdo each other... it gives me a headache.

I therefore propose to cancel all existing plans for every coming Escapism, and start the preparations for the first... International Escapism!

It will be held in Tijuana. Free tequila, whores and donkeys painted as zebras for everyone I say!

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
The Infamous Scamola said:
All this trying to outdo each other... it gives me a headache.

I therefore propose to cancel all existing plans for every coming Escapism, and start the preparations for the first... International Escapism!

It will be held in Tijuana. Free tequila, whores and donkeys painted as zebras for everyone I say!
Pfft. You're just jealous.

Incidentally the trying to outdo each other is more along the lines of joking rivalry. After all, we know they can't ever beat us anyway.

Tsurugi

Jun 12, 2008
Alright if I find someway to get from Eastern Canada to Sydney in December, then I am totally in for this. I am pretty sure I have the money to do it, its just that school may be just ending around there so I might be busy with that. After finally reading about the last one and finding this one, I am super excited and hope I can get involved with this one.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Goshdangit to heck. I missed Escapism UK because I left a couple of weeks before to start a term at uni in Australia - and I'm back in the UK from late November until the next term starts so I'll miss this.
It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
Tsurugi said:
Alright if I find someway to get from Eastern Canada to Sydney in December, then I am totally in for this. I am pretty sure I have the money to do it, its just that school may be just ending around there so I might be busy with that. After finally reading about the last one and finding this one, I am super excited and hope I can get involved with this one.
Oh man, it'd be freaking awesome to have you over. This only goes for one day however, so I'm not sure it'd be worth the expense. Comes down to what you're willing to fork out really.

dragonsatemymarbles said:
Goshdangit to heck. I missed Escapism UK because I left a couple of weeks before to start a term at uni in Australia - and I'm back in the UK from late November until the next term starts so I'll miss this.
It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.
Of course. We're avoiding you.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Yeah... I'm not good in the monies department, but I'm pretty sure I can sell my soul to my dad or something. In which case I will be there. Actually, school and stuff comes first, but hopefully.

I am also in Canada.