Escapist Crew Wows Webby Crowd

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Russ reminds me of Tim Nordwind of Ok Go fame. That's a positive thing, by the way.

Glad to see you guys all enjoyed yourselves. The Escapist really deserved those rewards, and I think we're all proud of you.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
nilcypher said:
nightfish said:
So cool, you went for the awards and missed putting content on the site...
Wow, a week without Zero Punctuation makes some people really bitter.
Some people drink, others listen to a fast-talking misanthrope.

Onyer, Escapistians.

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
Escapists, you guys deserve it! Your site is one of the best on the 'net!

Congrats on winning, but please get Yachtzee back to doing his thing before heads start rolling and the sawed-off shotguns come out.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
(Pictured left to right: Mike Capps, Julianne Greer, Russ Pitts, Tom Kurz, Boardie Kurz, Alex Macris, Sara Fields, Newton Grant, Jon Hayter)
They leave you behind or something? How cruel.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
Easykill said:
Susan Arendt said:
(Pictured left to right: Mike Capps, Julianne Greer, Russ Pitts, Tom Kurz, Boardie Kurz, Alex Macris, Sara Fields, Newton Grant, Jon Hayter)
hahha that would be cruel, but maybe some didnt show in the pic

riftinducer

May 10, 2008
Very nicely done guys, congratulations on the award. Loved the 5 words maximum on the speeches. If only the Oscars, Golden Globes, etc. would impose something like that. They'd have to work towards it though, starting at a 5 minute maximum then working back from there.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
riftinducer said:
Very nicely done guys, congratulations on the award. Loved the 5 words maximum on the speeches. If only the Oscars, Golden Globes, etc. would impose something like that. They'd have to work towards it though, starting at a 5 minute maximum then working back from there.
Can you imagine most Hollywood Starlet's 5 word speaches?

"Like, um, oh my Gaaaaaarrd..."

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Pebsy said:
Easykill said:
Susan Arendt said:
hahha that would be cruel, but maybe some didnt show in the pic
Not everyone was invited to attend. Also, not everyone in the picture is actually Escapist staff. Mike Capps, for example, is some sort of machinist. Makes gears, or so I'm told.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Wow, Russ seems really into it.
They were serving the good scotch. :)

Also, it was a damn fine party. Also, also, it was incredibly good and wonderful to finally see The Escapist earn recognition for the hard work we've put into it week after week for the past few years. We've been working toward this for a long time, and it was an honor and a privilege to be recognized.

blacknar ragmane

Apr 17, 2008
anyone got pics of yahtzee at the awards? according to fullyramblomatic, he had a suit on and that would be pretty awesome to see a man wearing a fedora while wearing a suit.

also, that escapist team pic is pretty awesome :)

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
sharp_as_a_cork said:
Congratulations, Escapist; I knew you were meant for great things.

Tonight: The Webbies, tomorrow: The World!

Wow. One of the 5 words we considered was Today, the Webbies. Tomorrow the...

Thanks for all the support, all! Now I feel all happy. You've made my weekend. As Russ mentioned, it's been a lot of work, but interesting times. But it's really exciting to receive this award just as our third birthday is coming up. I cannot believe it's been three years.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Hehe...my plan worked...now we have your name and your avatar matched! Soon we will rule the world!!
Crap.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Andraste, the dress suits you. And Russ, not what I had pictured you'd look like (I blame the avatar!)... oh, and nice haircut by the way; it suits you...

Finally, congrats The Escapist. You're finally getting the recognition you deserve for your excellent work. (Re-reads the Orange Juice Principle...)

riftinducer

May 10, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
riftinducer said:
Can you imagine most Hollywood Starlet's 5 word speaches?

"Like, um, oh my Gaaaaaarrd..."
See, it's better already. I know how it can be enforced too: the person who hands them the award has a hidden cattle prod. If they hit double digits, Zap!