Escapist Dating

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
Any sexy Canadian ladies lookin for a good time? ;)

Anyways, being serious now, I've never actually met or heard of anyone IRL that has dated through a site, much less the Escapist. The only time I've heard of it is now, in one of the earlier posts. Of course, I don't socialize a whole lot on here so that could have something to do with it.
On a semi-related note, my brother dated a chick from that Plenty Of Fish site, and it was a terrible relationship that predictably ended badly.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
It's happened. As has already been mentioned, PurpleRain and Larenxis hooked up over The Escapist.

Also, two friends of mine are engaged, and they met over The Escapist. I mean, most of their interaction was over Skype and Twitter, but still.
I imagine the ceremony will be nauseatingly sweet.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Trivun said:
Just for the record, to all girls attending Escapism UK this year: I'm single... ;)

And that makes me sound really creepy, doesn't it. Don't worry, I was just kidding. I mean, I am single, but the rest of it was just messing around. Seriously, although I wouldn't be averse to meeting a girl from the Escapist IRL and maybe going on a few dates or something and seeing where that takes us, I highly doubt it'll happen. I'm much more likely to find someone IRL anyway, rather than online, and why waste time and appear creepy and weird asking girls out over an internet forum, especially when there are so few actually near me? If something ever were to happen, then great, but it's not exactly something I'd actively pursue. No good reason to do so, really...
It's almost like I can hear you mumble more as that post goes on, ha. ;)

Ot: No such internet dating for me, I'm taken ladies.[footnote]Try to imagine this [http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThRg0uMM1oOuq_FJK7TAXlw0zJHnh_woilBZ9vzcPhVebEq_zL&t=1] as I say that.[/footnote].
I've met a few friends here though, one of whom I talk with nearly every single day. :)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
Trivun said:
Just for the record, to all girls attending Escapism UK this year: I'm single... ;)

And that makes me sound really creepy, doesn't it. Don't worry, I was just kidding. I mean, I am single, but the rest of it was just messing around. Seriously, although I wouldn't be averse to meeting a girl from the Escapist IRL and maybe going on a few dates or something and seeing where that takes us, I highly doubt it'll happen. I'm much more likely to find someone IRL anyway, rather than online, and why waste time and appear creepy and weird asking girls out over an internet forum, especially when there are so few actually near me? If something ever were to happen, then great, but it's not exactly something I'd actively pursue. No good reason to do so, really...
It's almost like I can hear you mumble more as that post goes on, ha. ;)

Ot: No such internet dating for me, I'm taken ladies.[footnote]Try to imagine this [http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThRg0uMM1oOuq_FJK7TAXlw0zJHnh_woilBZ9vzcPhVebEq_zL&t=1] as I say that.[/footnote].
I've met a few friends here though, one of whom I talk with nearly every single day. :)
Haha, I do tend to mumble IRL anyway, so... :p

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
My boyfriend and I met on a Resident Evil Union on Gamespot. And we've been together for a little over 2 years now. I wouldn't trade it for anything either. That boy is my world.

We both ended up getting banned from there for unclear reasons. So we both migrated over here to the escapist.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Never heard of anything like that happening, until reading through this thread.

At least I certainly live an unreasonable distance from almost everyone here.

But I'm still a wonderful person. Kind of. Okay, not really.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
mexicola said:
MasochisticMuse said:
lee1287 said:
Doubt it, well, whenever a girl posts she notrmaly gets Bombarded with guys, be it quoting her post or sucking up to her. much easier to meet irl.
I've never experienced this on the Escapist. This is the only online community I've ever participated in where the overwhelming majority of males have brains, act decently, and can piece together complete sentences.

Either the Escapist does a good job attracting an intelligent male audience, or the mods do a good job keeping them in line. I'm guessing it's a bit of both.
So.. how are you doing? ;)
She does seemed to have jinxed herself, hasn't she?
When your user name is MasochisticMuse, I think it's less jinxing and more deliberately asking for it (absolutely not intended as inuendo, but funny how things work out eh? Maybe she is jinxed?)

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Amberella said:
We both ended up getting banned from there for unclear reasons. So we both migrated over here to the escapist.
Well, if you're anything like your avatar Lilith, you probably accidentally shocked someone while phasewalking?

Sorry couldn't resist cheesy Borderlands joke xD

MissPixxie

Mar 15, 2010
I actually met my boyfriend on here, PandyBear =]

He lives about 170 miles away from me at the moment (which is fine, we deal with the distance), but I hope to get on a course in the next town over to him next year so we'll see how that goes!

We met on a thread talking about being 'old-fashioned' in relationships, whicch is odd when you see where we are now...

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
I remember you... That was kinda amusing. [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Why you leave out knife osaka?[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

OT: Tried dating someone on here. (wont name names)
The relationship was good, but the distance was a killer, well that am my instabilities.
Would I try it again?
Perhaps, not right now though.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
syrus27 said:
RAKtheUndead said:
- but given that a lot of us aren't exactly experienced enough at dating outside of The Escapist anyway, it's going to be a rarity.
That's a sweeping assumption to make, speak for yourself...
I can speak for myself very comfortably. I am twenty-two years old, and I will never have a romantic partner. No woman has ever been interested in somebody who has installed a 1960s computer operating system for the purposes of entertainment. I have essentially rescinded my ability to ever engage in romance ever again, and I'm now actively looking for a way to completely destroy any impulses I have for romantic thought.

As such, all of the romantic threads on The Escapist that aren't in the Advice Forum depress me. Yes, I get it - I lost the genetic lottery and you didn't. You don't have to constantly laugh in my fucking face.
I know quite a few people who would find installing a 60's OS for entertainment to be hot or at the very least interesting. It certainly wouldn't be some sort of awful dealbreaker for anyone I can think of. Some people like to go to the gym, you like to mess around with historical software. There are people that get that.

However, if this post is representative of how you present yourself to others, I suppose you might end up being right.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
syrus27 said:
RAKtheUndead said:
- but given that a lot of us aren't exactly experienced enough at dating outside of The Escapist anyway, it's going to be a rarity.
That's a sweeping assumption to make, speak for yourself...
I can speak for myself very comfortably. I am twenty-two years old, and I will never have a romantic partner. No woman has ever been interested in somebody who has installed a 1960s computer operating system for the purposes of entertainment. I have essentially rescinded my ability to ever engage in romance, and I'm now actively looking for a way to completely destroy any impulses I have for romantic thought.

As such, all of the romantic threads on The Escapist that aren't in the Advice Forum depress me. Yes, I get it - I lost the genetic lottery and you didn't. You don't have to constantly laugh in my fucking face.
A predilection for computer-based curiosities does not equate to losing the genetic lottery in terms of finding a partner.
You're thinking of hereditary erectile dysfunction. Heaven knows how you got those things mixed up.
Seriously, my partner would be quite impressed with the fact that you managed to find and install something so archaic.

Though it would appear that you've given up anyway, and that's not going to attract anybody. But don't blame computers for something they didn't do.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Trivun said:
Depends on where gets the most votes...

Hai der ;) I'll just make you fall in love with me, spend all your money, make you by me all my drinks (pending your age, ofc) and then completely shatter your self-esteem and dreams of us.

I look forward to meeting you :)

Aww, I kid. I think...

-------------------------------------------------
OT From what some people have said about having relationships on here/other sites.
Are they just cyber relationships, where you haven't actually met for all these months you've been together?

I could never do that myself, I'd have to meet the person on a regular basis (I've met an ex on the interwebs, he lived 500 miles away, but saw eachother regular enough, and at one point lived together)

But I couldn't just rely on good old webcams or Skype to keep my relationsip going without being with the person physically.
Good on you who can manage it, though.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
I am slowly unfolding a plan to have a sexual encounter with every male on this site.
I have begun by pointing out my female-ness at every opportunity and will soon move to the second phase of being suggestive and seductive towards all forum dwellers.

on a serious note haven't found a relationship or anything here but have found a good friend or two who I frequently talk to (usually every day) via other means.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Svrhero said:
If I recall correctly, (according to Second Skin documentary) for every SINGLE female online, there are 10 males.

Good luck finding one, let alone beating the other 90% of us.
I have no problem beating you. I'm that smug.

..I'll just beat you from behind, with a crowbar.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Realitycrash said:
Svrhero said:
If I recall correctly, (according to Second Skin documentary) for every SINGLE female online, there are 10 males.

congratulations, your confident smugness just did the job for you. Hello there ;)

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Ironrose said:
Realitycrash said:
Svrhero said:

congratulations, your confident smugness just did the job for you. Hello there ;)
AHH! I can't speak with women, I play video-games and berate people on forums to make up for my timid physical stature!

>>..Err..I mean..Ey, yo! -Channels the Fonz-