Escapist Expo 2013 Opens Panel Submissions

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Escapist Expo 2013 Opens Panel Submissions

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/expo/panels/submissions]

At this year's expo, we'd like to hear what you have to say.

Last year at Escapist Expo thousands of gamers turned out for the fun, the games, the people, and the gangnam style - and most of them went to a few panels, as well. They enjoyed listening to panelists talk about geek culture, game design, and tabletop games - from raising geek kids to running a small gaming business. This year, The Escapist wants you to build your own panels for Expo. We want you to pitch us on your panel of experts, primed and ready to share their knowledge with the nerdy masses. People and panels are the heart of a convention, and we want you to combine those with your own expertise to make the panels at the expo into something that's driven by the fans, for the fans.

If you think you know just the crew of people to share their brilliance, or who are ready to get peppered with questions, head on over to the panel submission page for more details. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/expo/panels/submissions]

The short of it is that we'd like panels to be about an hour long, consist of an informed group, and include people ready for Q&A time. You'll need to submit your panel by July 31st, but you can edit your submission as needed. We'll review the submissions, take the ones we think everyone will be most excited to hear, and announce which panels have been accepted in August 2013. You'll need an Escapist account to submit, but you'll be directed to easily create one if you don't have one already.

This year's Escapist Expo is going to be better than the last, with the main expo site. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123666-Escapist-Personalities-Return-for-Expo-2013]

Dec 14, 2009
The Bros need to be there...

Fiz, Daystar and Fappy, represent!

I won't say anything though...

I'm shy...

It has nothing do with Mud molesting me...

Nasrin just stood there and laughed...

She didn't even try and help me.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Given the popularity of Miracle of Sound, and what in my opinion is the initial success of Jim and Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular, there should be a panel of Jim, Yahtzee and Gavin, where the questions presented to them can only be answered in verse, musical or otherwise. :)

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
For efficiency, a Panel of 'What does X think about Y?' so the Q&A panel is actually just questions instead of 'X game/movie/bullshit, and your thoughts'

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I am so making it to this one, even if something catastrophic happens again like last year. I'll brainstorm a panel idea, maybe something about PC gaming, though I have no group or entourage to accompany me for it : (

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Looks like the CommuniCast has a lot of work to do if we want to get ourselves a panel!

@Staff- Be on the look out for a submission from us! :D

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
I count right? ...Right? :|

...Or am I just a bastard with bro privileges XD

Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Looks like the CommuniCast has a lot of work to do if we want to get ourselves a panel!

How many Cast people will be there? An army? XD

Will it be just you and Fiz doing the panel?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I know me, Fiz and Sky have all expressed interest in it. Not sure who else would be in on it quite yet.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Fappy said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I know me, Fiz and Sky have all expressed interest in it. Not sure who else would be in on it quite yet.
I'd be interested, but I'm not exactly well known or a communicast regular am I? :/

Is Wycymru going?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Fappy said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I'd be interested, but I'm not exactly well known or a communicast regular am I? :/

Is Wycymru going?
I don't think that really matters, honestly. Having people who have done most of the work makes sense, but the whole point of the project is to include anyone in the community that wants in.

As for Wycymru... I have no clue.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Fappy said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Fappy said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Is Wycymru going?
I don't think that really matters, honestly. Having people who have done most of the work makes sense, but the whole point of the project is to include anyone in the community that wants in.

Well, as far as I know, Fiz, the hosts, and Nero do all the work right? Since Binnsyboy isn't going, and you fiz and sky are already on board, that just leaves Wycymru, Caliban, Daystar, Nero and Taco as important people right?

That's a lot of people if they all go XD

...Well anyway, if you need or want someone I'm interested. I've been on like four, so I have some stuff to say :)

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
This sounds cool!

I wonder what kind of panel ideas you'll get, could you post some of the more outrageous ones for the masses to see?

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Fappy said:

I agree that having people who've done the most work on the panel would be way better. (Though if I do get an invite and I am confirmed to attend, I'd accept =P)

That way you have people who actually know all the stuff firsthand, instead of having to inform your other panelists about everything before the show. =P

OT: I wonder how many users would be interested in an Ask The Moderators panel?

I have no idea how it would come together, but maybe it'd be a nice way for people to get to know their Mods better without having to wait for one of us to get a Community Spotlight.

I'm going to go have a think about that. It means I'll be trying twice as hard to attend again this year!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
sky14kemea said:
Fappy said:

I agree that having people who've done the most work on the panel would be way better. (Though if I do get an invite and I am confirmed to attend, I'd accept =P)

That way you have people who actually know all the stuff firsthand, instead of having to inform your other panelists about everything before the show. =P

I have no idea how it would come together, but maybe it'd be a nice way for people to get to know their Mods better without having to wait for one of us to get a Community Spotlight.

I'm going to go have a think about that. It means I'll be trying twice as hard to attend again this year!
Which other mods besides you and Timey are going this year?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Hey I made this thread here,

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/547.403944-An-Idea-for-an-escapist-expo-2013-panel

So I guess I will officially suggest it.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Fappy said:
sky14kemea said:
Fappy said:

Which other mods besides you and Timey are going this year?
Eleuthera might be, if he gets another job on time. But I've already mentioned it to him and he's not as keen on it. =P He's a shy old thing.

I think NewClassic should be appearing, I'm waiting for a reply from him.

I'd love some of the other Mods to appear :/ but most of them can't afford it, or are also in University and can't get time off.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Can we have a Nerf war between the Brovengers and Injustice League? It probably doesn't count as a panel, but it does count as awesome.