Escapist Expo: Q&A With The Escapists

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Q&A With The Escapists

You?ve got questions, we?ve got answers. If you?ve ever wondered how Yahtzee learned to talk so fast, why MovieBob hates Michael Bay, why Jim is banned from Konami events or if Gavin really is that bad at Call of Duty, now?s your chance to ask. Escapist staff will be pulling questions directly from the audience, so be ready to be curious.

Watch Video

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
You know. Jim Sterling is hit or miss (I enjoy most of his stuff though) with me, but he REALLY has a way of completely lighting up the room during a question. They're all great but I found myself "Yes, Jim's starting to talk. Yeeesssss"

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
To quote the great Pinkamina Diane Pie: "I love you guys".

Also, I wish that Chris and Cory got the chance to talk a little more often. It must be hard when they're sitting next to Jim and Yahztee who absorb so much energy.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
This was a fun video. Luckily it didn't cut out at the most inopportune moments so then we didn't know what they thought about certain subjects.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Awesomeness, complete awesomeness. And don't worry Chris, none of them seem to like No Right Answer, but we love it. Hey Susan, has anyone ever told you you're awesome at being the announcer person thingy whatever the hell it's called?

Now... Where did that printing press I had get off to... I'm in need of cash for next year.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
That was the funniest video i've seen this week.
Awesome stuff, i wish i was there.
So~Is there gonna be more videos about the con?

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
Hey Susan, has anyone ever told you you're awesome at being the announcer person thingy whatever the hell it's called?
Susan's love of cute animals finally shows its worth! It's given her the power to herd cats!

Awesome panel, really wish I could have been there. Maybe next year!

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
I wonder how many people security had to keep from rushing the stage in a starstruck frenzy. It's what I would have done.

Truly outstanding panel (first time seeing Susan too: She's one of those rare people who looks exactly how she sounds.) I really, really hope to see the next one!

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
lol the bit with jim's kratos door thing was just soo frigging funny.
it seems escapist expo was awesome :)

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I heard Graham and Yahtzee talk about a new Unskippable crossover. MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Funny stuff again. These people are more funny in person than I gave them credit for, some times people who script jokes aren't all that funny when live because they're not quick witted enough to think of the joke on the spot but these guys all definately are and it makes for great viewing.

At the risk of ruining a noodled incindent:

What does the person say at 24:49ish, anyone that was there remember?

Yahtzee: "I'm like a small frightened elk"
Audience member: *inaudible*
*a few confused laughs*
Susan(?): Get out(?)
*laughs*
Jim: What. the. fuck?
Dr Kline: *mouths to the guy to his right in an amused way* "What did he say?"

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well that was a lot of fun to watch. Very funny as well. I also wasn't deafened after a couple of minutes into this one, which is always nice. Also, another Unskippable/Zero Punctuation crossover? I like the sound of that.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Scorched_Cascade said:
Funny stuff again. These people are more funny in person than I gave them credit for, some times people who script jokes aren't all that funny when live because they're not quick witted enough to think of the joke on the spot but these guys all definately are and it makes for great viewing.

At the risk of ruining a noodled incindent:

What does the person say at 24:49ish, anyone that was there remember?

Yahtzee: "I'm like a small frightened elk"
Audience member: *inaudible*
*a few confused laughs*
Susan(?): Get out(?)
*laughs*
Jim: What. the. fuck?
Dr Kline: *mouths to the guy to his right in an amused way* "What did he say?"
Hey made a joke about taking an arrow to the knee, and I told him to get out. He actually later apologized, which wasn't necessary at all - he set me up for a good joke. :)

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I'm amazed no one put a word in for Feed Dump, it's easily one of the best shows on the site.

I'm also amazed that people who normally script their work can keep me amused enough to keep me watching for an hour.
Most movies can't do that.

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
Susan scared me with all that build up right at the end.

"You are the LAST person"

Way to make a guy nervous :p In all seriousness, I was super stoked I at least got the chance to ask since watching these guys doing what they love is what motivated me to go out and do the same.

"Too slow!"

OK! OK! UMMMMM....ILOVETHEESCAPISTANDALLTHETALENTITOFFERSKTHXBYE!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'd like to encourage more cross over content between providers, cameos are great.

And video was awesome, thanks Escapist!

alexbaxthedarkside

May 21, 2009
Its amazing to see Movie Bob Chipman, ben yahtzee croshaw and Jim sterlng all sitting at the same table, IIIIINNN CREIDBLE ^_^
AMAZEBALLS!

I was wondering how Movie Bob and Yahtzee would get along together ,and it seems they didn't have a whole lot to say to each other, it seems Yahtzee and Jim sterling got on together even better, perhaps both having British backgrounds, people tend to stick to their own :D
Still its amazing to see the guy from Miracle f sound and unscippable.

people were sayng they liked The big picture the best, I do too, Movie bob is FUUUUUUCking amazing, and SOOOOO SO SO Knowledgeable, thank god for him, but really Yahtzee is where its at, Zero Punctuation is the fucking Bomb ^_^

Anyway this vid was fantastical!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
l3o2828 said:
So~Is there gonna be more videos about the con?
Yes, keep an eye on http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-expo for more.