Escapist Expo: Q&A With The Escapists

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
It's great fun to see all of you people live! I had no idea how some of the crew looked like. Weirdly, though, it's almost exactly like I had imagined it in my head while listening to the podcats.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I think (it was a while ago) that the comment on one of his songs about the orchestra might have been mine. In retrospect it was probably quite patronizing, not to mention naive, although it was really more just an observation that it would have been awesome (which it totally would have been) than an actual request. But... yeah.

Anyway, I'm loving these vids from the Expo so far (although some of them take a few attempts to load for me), and I really hope there's more next year, and that I'll be able to be there.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
awesome panel with the guys :D nice to see them just lay it out there esp with the question about tropes

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
Great Q&A

I do have one for the Escapist Management/Owners of this site.

What ever happened to Doraleous and Associates?

They were going to take a season off to do a movie and puff, never seen nor
heard from again. The show had a cult like following on the Escapist.
If there was a blip of info regarding the show not returning could you provide
a link? I need closure.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
I'd love to just sit and shoot the breeze with any one of these guys. I imagine the conversations would be amazing.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I can safely say that the panel was a bit too big. But I can't think of anyway to really break it up.

Also, way to start with a cheap pop there Bob!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Dont worry Gav you are easily my favourite.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
itchcrotch said:
You need to smile more Susan! Your voice says "fun!" but your expressions is kinda stern :(
Then again, you've been running around the convention all weekend, so i probably shouldn't judge ;P
You don't see me while the guys are talking, but I was cracking up the entire time.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
I had a really good time watching this, I wanted to go, but my wallet said no to travel to the other side of the globe, so if you're planning on doing another one, now's the time to confirm or deny so I can start saving for that.

I know everyone said it, but really, the chemistry between Jim and Yahtzee was incredible, now i want Jim to appear in full body, pantless and Yahtzee doing that creepy dance with the boxers with eyes on it, if it was him to begin with.

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Henriot said:
Is the live podcat going to be filmed, or we just getting podcat?
Just plain podcat.
Discovered that this morning, put it on my ipod for the train trip... Oh my gosh, the looks I got from laughing on the packed train!

I spent a little too much time last night watching all these videos. It clocked over 2 am and I think the My Favourite Game video went up and I couldn't stop myself. Thank you so much for recording all this content; wee hours of the morning and I'm either being drawn in by the amazing conversations between Ben and Jim, or bursting out laughing at a quiet comment from Mark or the over the top sexual jokes...

So thank you Susan, for being a part of the team that put this together (and MCing), and thank you Escapist.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Artorius said:
lol the bit with jim's kratos door thing was just soo frigging funny.
it seems escapist expo was awesome :)
Best mental image right?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Henriot said:
Is the live podcat going to be filmed, or we just getting podcat?
Just plain podcat.
Are you going to make escapist branded furniture now?
http://www.supercoolpets.com/pictures/PeiPodcat.jpg