Escapist Expo: The British Expatriate Panel

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Hey Jim, would the Flip 'n Fuck Me count as "something with function"?

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Oh Yahtzee... You've been away from home far too long. Classic British though to hate on the weather.

Chocolate digestives aren't that bad, at least they've made the effort to coat them with something pleasing. I for one will forever be a rich tea fan.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
oh lordy, this was a fantastic and hilarious panel.

Jim's discussion about his dildo collection pretty much killed me. So jealous of everyone who got to see this in person.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Jimothy Sterling said:
"We have three British arseholes, let's make them shit on everything in unison."

I think it was a strong move. :)
The more I think about it, the more you three are all my favourite people, I think... if Jeff Gerstmann was there it would have been my Internet Videogame Dream Team. "Strong move"... excuse my bias, but strongest move! Man. Yahtzee, TB and yourself. In a room. Talking. About being British.

Life is good.

(The news that you'll be on the Co-optional Podcast this Tuesday is also like... BOOM oh man Jim and Jesse Cox this can't not be brilliant... this is my GI Joe vs Transformers)

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Everything I expected and more.

Poddington Peas, casual racism, digs at Cameron and Digestives, perfectly encapsulating British culture... would've liked more talk on British game devs, but you can't have everything. :D

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
Jimothy Sterling said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Quiotu said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Was TotalBiscuit only invited because he happens to live in NC?
Well that and he has like 1.5 million subs, plays a lot of games, hosts a lot of podcasts and MLG streams, and generally has thrown his opinions around quite famously... some of which are in direct conflict with Jim's opinions. So at the very least I thought it'd be fun watching two opinionated brits back and forth with each other, and they made it three instead so... bonus.
Oh I mean, I don't doubt his profile, and believe me, I'm one of those 1.5 million subs and his Polaris podcast is one of the three (including Jim's) I tune into. What I'm saying is that he has a tenuous link with The Escapist beyond his geographical location.
He was one of many other extra guests, like Cliffy B and Insomniac Games. He wasn't even at the Expo for this panel, but for other celebrity-type things.

Another panel had to pull out, and it seemed too big an opportunity to miss to not have us three together, hence why the panel was so last-minute. Basically, this is less an Escapist panel, and more a, "We have three British arseholes, let's make them shit on everything in unison."

I think it was a strong move. :)
Evidently your thought processes are functioning adequately.
Was quite entertaining.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Well, my opinion on Totalbiscuit has improved somewhat.

"Press X to go down the toilet!"

"I can't, Yahtzee, I haven't got a squadmate to lift the lid."

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I wonder if Yatzhee will one day stand up to his ankles in exotic dildoes following this. I do hope he will give us a tour of the collection one day.

I hope Jim will as well, of course, but I feel like that is a good and wholesome inevitability, like the sun rising a cheerful summer morning.

Teoes said:
Digestives may be bland, but I will fuck ANYONE up who slags them. Good panel, chaps.
Digestives are amazing. Hard working biscuits, that will never ever forsake you. The biscuit with which to build the Folkhome. Quite literally, come to think of it, smash 'em up and you've got mortar and plaster, mix them with gravel and you've got asphalt.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Must say when I heard about this panel I was quite excited for it, and luckily it didn't disappoint.

One thing I must say though that I do love a good digestive. Especially those ones with Caramel inside them. God, I've been jonesing for those fuckers so bad since I starting dieting D:

Anyway, great panel guys, and can't wait for Jim showing up on the Co-optional Podcast on Tuesday either.

Ryleh

Jul 21, 2013
Muspelheim said:
Teoes said:
Digestives may be bland, but I will fuck ANYONE up who slags them. Good panel, chaps.
Digestives are amazing. Hard working biscuits, that will never ever forsake you. The biscuit with which to build the Folkhome. Quite literally, come to think of it, smash 'em up and you've got mortar and plaster, mix them with gravel and you've got asphalt.
Yeah man, Digestives are the tits. Especially the dark chocolate ones. Colony countries go!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I reckon this is the best panel. I may end up rewatching this one several times, so many laughs.

Not British here, but I do love me some digestives.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Three expats hating Britain, what a surprise. Being an expat myself, it gets dull listening to expats who have been out of the UK for a decade, commenting on the current situation in the UK (of which they have no full understanding)
Although Jim is correct about that wall we're building to keep out the northerners.

I loved their initial conversation about Knightmare and that nobody had any idea what they're talking about.

GladiatorUA

Jun 1, 2013
Li Mu said:
Three expats hating Britain, what a surprise. Being an expat myself, it gets dull listening to expats who have been out of the UK for a decade, commenting on the current situation in the UK (of which they have no full understanding)
Although Jim is correct about that wall we're building to keep out the northerners.

I loved their initial conversation about Knightmare and that nobody had any idea what they're talking about.
They don't hate Britain. All three left for women. TB and Jim are both married and both with stepchildren. And TB only left a year or two ago.
It's kind of self-deprecating humor that is common among some cultures. I think it depends on history of the culture.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
It might have been a last minute thing, but I WISH the other videos had as good sound as this one. Sadly that's the only reason that made me stay away from the others.