Escapist Features you wish still existed

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
What happened to Unforgotten Realms? That show was SO funny! I think he's on his own website doing stuff, but why doesn't the Escapist host it anymore? It's was the best!

Doraleous and Associates was also awesome. I'm pretty sure they were only supposed to be gone a few weeks or months to make a movie. No word from them as far as I know.

But I haven't been a "day 1" member. Are there any older features I may have missed out on that were REALLY good? Tell me about them.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
I've been here about as long as ZP, eveything I like is still here, that being said, stolen pixels hasn't updated for a while, wonder why that it is....

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Sir Shmoopy of Awsometon. Sadly missed. And yeah wtf is happening with Doraleous?

Edit. I hit it with my axe. Was in a minority but I friking loved that show.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Unforgotten Realms was really good, but it started getting stale after about 30 episodes and eventually cut. Overall though there are a lot more features now and it's much better, apart from the odd video series everyone misses.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Odbarc said:
What happened to Unforgotten Realms? That show was SO funny! I think he's on his own website doing stuff, but why doesn't the Escapist host it anymore? It's was the best!

Doraleous and Associates was also awesome. I'm pretty sure they were only supposed to be gone a few weeks or months to make a movie. No word from them as far as I know.

But I haven't been a "day 1" member. Are there any older features I may have missed out on that were REALLY good? Tell me about them.
Unforgotten Realms went to their own site, but yeah I miss them to.

Beyond that I can't think of anything that's been cut that I miss. Rather glad Lisa Foiles' show is gone though.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Odbarc said:

I'm with you. Realistic side of me says UR and the Escapist had a falling out, but I'm still with ya on this.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Odbarc said:

I'm with you. Realistic side of me says UR and the Escapist had a falling out, but I'm still with ya on this.
I half think that maybe that were producing more than the site wanted to update, or not enough. It was HALF the reason I came to the site. ZP is the other.
Seeing as I've discovered Movie Bob, I'll take that too. (Also note that I watch his other non "Movie-bob" stuff like his video game Overviewer or something like that. Overthinker?)

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I love watching the old ENN episodes. Well, at least we have Checkpoint, on Penny Arcade.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Sylveria said:
Rather glad Lisa Foiles' show is gone though.
As am I but I do feel there is still a place for a show discussing aspects of games just for the sake of how cool they are or a listing show. Personally I think Bytejacker [http://www.bytejacker.com/] would be perfect for The Escapist

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I miss Simulord. He hasn't been here for a few months, and that makes me sad. He was one of my favorite posters.

Apr 28, 2008
Doraleous was easily the best show this site had. If you haven't seen the show yet, shame on you. Go watch it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/doraleous-and-associates?page=3]. I hope they come back after they finish with Toonstone.

Pro-Gamer Gauntlet also seems to be on a hiatus. Which is a shame, that show is also one of my favorites.

sms_117b said:
I've been here about as long as ZP, eveything I like is still here, that being said, stolen pixels hasn't updated for a while, wonder why that it is....
He's writing a book, and making a game [http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=11874]. Or, at least something that could turn into a game.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Unforgotten Realms was dropped because the creator didn't want to have to make a new one every week, anymore. There was no falling out, I really doubt it was because the series was getting stale after 3 seasons, it was because the creator would rather manage his WoW guild than churn out a cartoon that took up most of his free time.

I checked out the site recently, and he's only made like 2 more episodes in the almost 2 years it's been since he left. It's pretty dead. Oh well, it was a good show while it lasted.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I miss Rebecca Mays Muses. I've watched a bit of the new music thing and it just doesn't do it for me like her stuff did. The funny thing is her musical style isn't really in line with my preferences, but that didn't keep me from enjoying the feature.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Anyone else besides me remember De-Rez? I have never even been able to get an answer as to why they left either.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
None that I can recall. Doraleous was alright for a while, until I realized more than half of every episode was them quietly whispering to each other, and that was not nearly as funny as it was apparently supposed to be. I'm perfectly happy with the current lineup, a video for every day

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
The only thing I miss is Reliable Source. Marion Cox had some of the funniest stories. Shame he left.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Drakmorg said:
Anyone else besides me remember De-Rez? I have never even been able to get an answer as to why they left either.
I remember enjoying that feature, but mostly because of the really good yahtzee related episode.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Somebody needs to revive Alt+Escape. It was my favourite weekly feature here, and I was gutted to see it go.

I could give it a shot myself, but my writing skills are sub-par, to say the least.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
I want to know what happened to Shamus Young. Experienced Points was my favourite column on the site, and it just stopped updating two months ago with no word on what was happening. Stolen Pixels was really good as well, and that's also stopped updating.

And yes, I miss the weekly issues. I can understand why they went with the new format, but I miss going to the site on a Tuesday and having a whole load of great articles to read. I realise the articles are still here, but they don't appear together and are consequently much easier to miss.

Incidentally, the "Features" page itself appears to have died; it's still showing content that was current when the last weekly issue was published.