Escapist, I've found a gamestop card with $25 on it.

Fiery Killer

Dec 25, 2010
What should I buy? I've thought about getting FF XII-2 because I loved XIII, but I'm afraid it might be like X-2. Thoughts?

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Fiery Killer said:
What should I buy? I've thought about getting FF XII-2 because I loved XIII, but I'm afraid it might be like X-2. Thoughts?
FF XIII-2 has a mildly improved combat system and it's a little more open-ended, but it's also a bullshit unnecessary continuation of FF XIII's story that ignores most of XIII to introduce terrible characters and all sorts of thoughtless story elements. If you really liked XIII, you'll like it (I liked it just fine), but it's a step sideways rather than forwards.

In place of FF XIII-2, I'd go with Tales of Vesperia or Tales of Graces (depending on Xbox/PS3). Fun fast paced combat paired with nigh-unintelligible plot but fun casts and lots of side questing. Otherwise, XBLA/PSN cards?

Fiery Killer

Dec 25, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Fiery Killer said:
Do they still sell N64 games? Get Star Fox :D

Maybe you could get a $25 steam card? :D

Nah nah nah, what platforms do you play on?
I have everything but a 3DS and Vita. And oh, I can buy a steam card. I shall consider that. Browsing steam store now.

Launcelot111 said:
Fiery Killer said:
FF XIII-2 has a mildly improved combat system and it's a little more open-ended, but it's also a bullshit unnecessary continuation of FF XIII's story that ignores most of XIII to introduce terrible characters and all sorts of thoughtless story elements. If you really liked XIII, you'll like it (I liked it just fine), but it's a step sideways rather than forwards.

In place of FF XIII-2, I'd go with Tales of Vesperia or Tales of Graces (depending on Xbox/PS3). Fun fast paced combat paired with nigh-unintelligible plot but fun casts and lots of side questing. Otherwise, XBLA/PSN cards?
Well that's good to hear. X-2 really let me down after X, I'll take a look at those two games to see if they're interesting. Haven't played console in a long time.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Fiery Killer said:
Do they still sell N64 games? Get Star Fox :D

Maybe you could get a $25 steam card? :D

Nah nah nah, what platforms do you play on?
They stopped selling n64 games... like, 5 years ago xD

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
If you want to get XIII-2 and are not sure if it's better, then why not watch a let's play for the first few parts? That's what I usually do before purchasing a game. And I have XIII-2, I much prefer it over XIII. I found it funner and I still play it for all the achievements.

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
FFXIII-2 is a really good sequel to FFXIII. I liked the original but I thought the sequel was a lot better. It feels like an apology for all the stuff Square Enix did wrong with the original.

The story has been cleaned up a lot and has a lot less melodrama. It is a lot smaller in scope, but feels more personal as a result. The Historia Crux time travel mechanic makes the story a lot more palatable than you might think. It doesn't have an ending, but it's a good way to spend 30 hours.

The gameplay is just a twist on FFXIII's, it gets mighty repetitive, but if you like it you'll enjoy the combat. The game is easy as pie though, which makes it less interesting than it could have been if SE introduced a scaling difficulty mechanic or just made it more challenging in general.

Just know that like in FFXIII, the game runs out of steam in both the story and gameplay towards the end, so you might have to push through a little boredom to reach the end. I'd recommend getting it.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
soren7550 said:
Send it to me so that I can get Black 2.
Black 2!? you mean there's a sequel to the awesome shooter that was black!!!

OT: i agree with the people saying get a steam card, you will probably get more for your money

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Hey! Buddy!

Don't waste your money on Final Fantasy!

If you got a PS2 or PS3, get Persona 3: FES. It's much better than any FF. Except FF3. FF3 was the shit.

Or return it because that's the good thing to do. Or whatever.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
Hey! Buddy!

If you got a PS2 or PS3, get Persona 3: FES. It's much better than any FF. Except FF3. FF3 was the shit.

O_O You not recommending to get Persona 4? Who are you, and what have you done with neonsword?

OT: Get Persona 4 or Rogue Galaxy. Both totes awesome. :D

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Gamestop huh?

Battletoads.

You might want to ring them and see if they have it in stock first.

Calumon: ...Only games...? It's not worth it unless they have something in an oven... : (

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
BreakfastMan said:
O_O You not recommending to get Persona 4? Who are you, and what have you done with neonsword?

OT: Get Persona 4 or Rogue Galaxy. Both totes awesome. :D
Err.. well..

P3 is cheaper. And it's just as good.

MY COVER HAS BEEN BLOWN!!

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
Well, if you have any decency you'll try to return it to its owner first. :/
Because a non-descript money voucher is really easy to trace the original owner.

I know what you're saying, but it's not like a bank card where the owners name is on. It would be pretty dam impossible to do.

Fiery Killer

Dec 25, 2010
I Have No Idea said:
Well, if you have any decency you'll try to return it to its owner first. :/
It's not like I picked it up from an abandoned table in the mall, I found it under the old bed in my house and is likely something I lost a long time ago.

neonsword13-ops said:
Hey! Buddy!

Yessss, someone else who favors FF3. I'll look into P3, I've never played that series, but I likely won't get P4 right now simply because it's fresh out with a $60 tag and I can't afford right now without giving up Pandaria.