Escapist News Network: Black & Blue Streak

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Morgan Solus, Sadie Massani? I wonder what the entire Escapist staff is playing right now... :p

Also, "Teenagers rated M for Mature"... ROFL! :)

Hubbe

May 12, 2009
Don't mess with Shadow. He'll kick your ass. WITHOUT YOU NOTICING.

Chaos Control FTW.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
littlerudi08107 said:
*sigh* I used to be a sonic fan too. It was the early 2000's, Sonic Adventure came out and fun was had by all. Then Sonic Adventure 2 came out and was equally fun, if not more so. But then, Sonic Heroes, and then, it just went downhill from there. I loved you Sonic, but I don't think I could ever trust you again. You let me down too many times, RIGHT KATHLEEN!? *glares*
When have I ever let you down? I have promised to be a pale comedy lady from Canada, and I feel I'm delivering on that promise.
:D

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
littlerudi08107 said:
*sigh* I used to be a sonic fan too. It was the early 2000's, Sonic Adventure came out and fun was had by all. Then Sonic Adventure 2 came out and was equally fun, if not more so. But then, Sonic Heroes, and then, it just went downhill from there. I loved you Sonic, but I don't think I could ever trust you again. You let me down too many times, RIGHT KATHLEEN!? *glares*
When have I ever let you down? I have promised to be a pale comedy lady from Canada, and I feel I'm delivering on that promise.
:D
You broke my heart, that's what you did. You chose Yahtzee over me, I thought we had something special. *crying face* :'(

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
wow... the sonic fan was adorable : ) but I say that to just about every girl I see nowadays... but she was good at acting... (even though she looked like she would crack up somtimes..)
This was one of the funnier ones, keep it up! ; )

Tree-Vor

Feb 10, 2010
It's good to see the media bringing attention to such a under recognized issue. There are far more victims of emotional abuse at the hands of once loved video game mascots than most people are aware of. So many are afraid of speaking out about the abuse because they may be ridiculed by those around them.

P.S. Great Episode.

naughtydoggus

Dec 21, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
All jokes aside: [HEADING=2]GRAHAM IS GODDAMN RIGHT ABOUT CRASH BANDICOOT[/HEADING]

I was there, damnit! Sonic was a "getting into the bad crowd" case, Crash was a "lured by friends into a cage and shipped to some warehouse to prostitute himself in front of the New Age Consoles" case
Agreed. Thank you SO MUCH for defending Crash, Graham.
Sonic Team just lost it over the years. The company that made the Bandicoot was the same company that would move on to make 2009's Game of the Year. (Or at least according to G4, Game Informer, and myself.)

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I remember watching a video about how Robotnik from the first Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon destroys Eggman in Sonic X after watching it on his tv but I can't find that video so I only have this classic.

I haven't trusted the Sonic series for a long time. I tried to play Sonic and The Secret Rings because it was purchased for my Nephew and yeah...I'm disappointed ever so much more. When I saw that Sonic 4 was being released I was happy until I heard that Justin Timberlake was scoring it.

[gametrailers=61093]
Justin Timberlake instrumentals or full songs? Either way I don't like it.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I.. The.. Huh. Gotta say, I found that entire episode actually extremely hilarious.

The feature story was just so eerily.. Factual o.o And it *sigh* tugs at the heart. How dare platformer video game characters be so hurtful! Also, Acro the Acrobat is still fucking awesome. I miss that game.. TO THE INTERNETS! (Wait, I'm already here..)

My -major- lols were the Obvious Survey and the UFC one, I think.. Tim's delivery was awesome.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Is it me? Or does Sonic 4 look like sonic 1, and 2 only with better graphics? Well that's freaking great!

Oh....and Teens play video games? OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! EVERYONE RUN AWAY!