Escapist News Network: Black & Blue Streak

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
And that is what I call a fantastic 100th post :). Glad folks are digging the feature story this week: we're super proud of it :).

Dante_Alucard

May 16, 2008
LeeshaJoy said:
Dante_Alucard said:
Kathleen there is a big yellow thing outside you might need to go stand underneth and get some of. You are almost Larry Bird white. Still love ya but damn
Remember, the LRR crew is Canadian. There's only so much you can do in the face of that.
hey in the far north in alaska they have those UV lamps that will help?
or ...or maybe she could comedown here to Texas and say Hi she could get some sun here.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
GrahamS said:
Once you go blue, you never go back.
I'm living proof that what the statement above is wrong, I played almost every Sonic game, but when SEGA released Sonic 06 I never even touched a sonic game again.
I've go blue and back.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I'm with Graham on this one. Crash Bandicoot was an awesome series, but was unfortunately killed. Although I did like Crash Twinsanity.

Rangergord

Jan 13, 2010
IT WASN'T CRASH's FAULT! great ending!

Epic Episodpe of heart break. With some TLC maybe we can finally all avoid the DLC and finally leave Sonic in the past were he should stay. :((

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
I really feel for the sonic fans i really do.. Im sorry sonic fans but you gave him enough chances.. Its time to let it go! Same for Final Fantasy fans! Its time to let them go as well..

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
lol, that was awesome, and I don't blame crash for his demise either, fortunately I didn't play any after the naughty dog PS1 ones (which were awesome)

and poor spyro!

I think the ps2 gen would have just been a trail of disappointment for me...

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Am I really the only person who thinks the 3D Sonic games were fun?

As for Sonic 4... this is actually one that I'm skeptical about. I've never been a fan of the 2D sonic games because I just think they're kinda boring and a lot like the old MArio games (also found boring). I guess I'll just have to wait for the demo and give it a shot.

Altar

Apr 6, 2009
SilverUchiha said:

As for Sonic 4... this is actually one that I'm skeptical about. I've never been a fan of the 2D sonic games because I just think they're kinda boring and a lot like the old MArio games (also found boring). I guess I'll just have to wait for the demo and give it a shot.
I don't know about the other 3D sonic games but I did enjoy unleashed... Anyways another good episode for a great series, yup...

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
That spiel about teenagers *shock*horror* liking videogames really made me laugh. Thats was so clever how Stark called the behavious of teenagers M for mature. That is exactly my kind of humor. Clever, yet poisonous. Sarcastic yet witty, and it comments greatly on peoples tendancies to overreact. Loved it.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I think this is the best one you guys did, by far :D

I loved the bit at the end with Graham going off on a Crash rant.

kizer0

Feb 7, 2010
This episode made me laugh. Liking sonic and his speed addiction and then he... brought in a gun! (T__T)

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
I enjoyed some of them too and was a bit baffled by how some people were badmouthing 2006 or the Black Knight one without even seeing them played. Word of mouth of the single kiss from a person, or simply the TITLE for the latter was enough for it to be entirely condemned. And the others, the true fans that bought them anyway? True fans are never happy. =P
Personally, the original games were good for the time, but even back then I thought it was kinda samey after 3 games. It was a mascot for a system that has since died and is only going on longer than the other dead mascots because of the fans that are at the same time, eviscerating it on a constant basis. Even if there was a pure return to the roots, ala the New Super Mario Bros/Wii thing that mario did...would that really be all that great? A step back MIGHT satisfy SOME nostalgic fans, but I don't see it doing all that well on the whole.