Escapist News Network: EA's Corporate Vision On Track

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
i love all the LRR references at the bottom

"Olympic slackers"

Also i loved the greater focus on the real stories as an opposed to a 100% fabricated one

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
"EA sucking less" plan sounds a lot like Capcom's "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" agenda :p

The ending quip about Molyneux was very funny. Structurally sound; ha!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Excellent video. Though I feel the complains about EA making sequels was questionable...given it wasn't them who decided that only sequels can sell in big numbers (hint: It was us, the customers ;))

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
I, for one, welcome our new fast-paced video game news delivering overlords.

Leodiensian

Jun 7, 2008
Barantas said:
Also, cathleens Right eye looked oddly dark... I'm not going mad right? just hair shadow...
No, I noticed that. Like she had a black eye or something.

Graham, I'm looking at you here.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Dear Graham,

I enjoy the Rapidfire series. I enjoy ENN. The combination, however, seems less than the sum of its parts. It was still good, it just wasn't as good as usual. Please tell me this was just an experiment and not a full-fledged revamping.

Please?

powercall

Jun 21, 2008
I really liked the whole "Nobody is using their Wii" thing. I'm sure Axel and Roxas might play theirs from time to time.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
EA took risks with good, original game IP and it didn't pay off. Because we didn't buy enough copies of Boom Blox.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee is it me or do the host look like jehovah's wittiness ,the same ones who try to recruit me every other month , they live up tyhe street from me , and always bug me during game play , drinking or eating ... oh yeah ,hope ea goes tits up because i hate ea games

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Good show, but the slight change in format was a bit wierd. No dialouge at the beginning?? I live for that!

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I miss the pre-report non sequiter, it was occasionaly the funniest part of ENN. At least you kept the closing non sequiter. Please don't loose this.

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
Yeah, we're playing with the format a bit to give the show more energy. We like it, but keep telling us what you think; it's still a bit of a work in progress. Give yourself some time to acclimatize too; it's natural to dislike unexpected changes, even good ones.

Coming up next week, we're adding a Google Buzz tab to the side of the video that will expose every Escapist forum post you make to the ridicule of people you hate ... so look forward to that :).

... and to clarify before someone takes it seriously: yes, the above is a joke.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
As long as you don't stop playing with the format too early, you should have ample results. XD

I like diversity, so I'd like to see both more of the longer and this shorter format; or whatever else you think would be fun to do. Maybe a longer special report occasionally in the shorter format. The shorter format seemed to be more to the point, which is good. The pacing allows less time to be surprised and amused though; "getting" a joke is a lot quicker if you wrote/acted/recorded/edited it when viewing it of course.

Really though, just keep messing around if that's what brings us more in the spirit of what you've done so far!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
The Mario bit was genius burning both Nintendo and Australian video game law