Escapist News Network: EA's Corporate Vision On Track

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
To quote Garth from Wayne's World, "It's like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

dot dot dot

widowspeak

May 20, 2009
Damn it, I'm surrounded by game devs and educators at a conference right now, and they're all looking at me like I'm insane because I'm giggling over the "tits are structurally unsound," joke. Granted, it's lunchtime, so I'm not interrupting anyone's speech, but still. Not exactly helpful. *snickers*

And thank you, Graham, for not going for the cheap shot and making a joke about sucking. Bold acting/writing choice, that was. ;)

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
good stuff good stuff... ChadX is supposed to be the worst human being alive, yes?

i'm british, could i sell Kathleen stuff? like a bikini? or an all-day access pass to my pants? ¬_¬

widowspeak

May 20, 2009
On another note, I like the omission of the opening pre-show banter. Keeping it at the end was a good choice, though. Diving right into the show works for me, strangely enough.

Leodiensian

Jun 7, 2008
Jer_LRR said:
... and to clarify before someone takes it seriously: yes, the above is a joke.
Speaking of jokes (as you comedic-type folk are often wont to do), is Kathleen's possible black eye in this video a reference to that Commodore Hustle episode where Geoff slanders Graham?

Or is it in fact a mere shadow over her eye that just happens to look exactly like an imprint of Graham's fist?

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
UtopiaV1 said:
i'm british, could i sell Kathleen stuff? like a bikini? or an all-day access pass to my pants? ¬_¬
Leodiensian said:
Or is it in fact a mere shadow over her eye that just happens to look exactly like an imprint of Graham's fist?
So now we just have to wait for Graham to kill you both

Versago

May 28, 2009
Its still clever and funny comedy, but the newer format makes it harder to laugh at.
The upped speed, and background music makes it seem rushed and incomplete; the same content could have been delivered over 5 minutes if things were said slower, steadier and more 'professionally' (although i hate to use that word in this context, LRR is great and professional).

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I liked the Peter Molyneux ending. He's a very good speaker... I just wish he would actually do everything that he says.

Good video. I await next week's ENN.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
The new format of that ENN was a bit fast for my liking, but glad to see you aren't afraid to experiment, keep up the good work XD

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
If they really wanted to suck less they would make dungeon keeper 3. If you have to pump out sequels all the time you might as well make one for a series that is good.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
That reviewer was a complete moron. No questions asked.

Loved the part about EA though with one exception.....Mirrors Edge was an AWESOME game and I look forward to Mirrors Edge 2.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
The lighting seemed a bit weird in this one. But over all not so bad. Still loved the old format better. I am kind of hoping that this fast pace was just a one time thing.