Escapist News Network: EA's Corporate Vision On Track

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
Personally I think it needs to slow back down a bit, at this speeed I feel like I'm missing half the jokes. That said the "main" story is much better in the new format. The show used to lose a lot of its momentum in the main story, usually when I rewatch an old episode I skip the main story unless it's really good.

So I suppose what I would want is to make less of a distinction between the two by speeding up the bigger story and slowing down the other stuff. I think that would lessen the jarring nature of switching between the two. At least that's my theory for now ^^.

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
It's either a lighting fail, a sleep fail, or a makeup fail ... or possibly a combination. It's certainly not domestic abuse, which is never funny ... unless Sonic is involved :).

HolidayBrick

Nov 18, 2009
LeeshaJoy said:
Zivlok said:
Was "Facebreaker" a New Moon reference, or an actual game?.
It's quite possibly the worst boxing game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FaceBreaker] ever.
Edited for truth.

Good main story, too bad the news wasn't as zany as it usually is. I don't blame you guys for that though.

Book

Aug 22, 2009
i don't know what to think about the new changes... i like that you guys will change it up every now and again, but this episode felt very rushed, like you realised you had left it till the last minute, like me and assignments :p in saying that, i loved the main story and felt that it didn't drag on too long, which is something I've felt on some of the older episodes. i also missed not having the pre-news banter, but like i said, its definitely a good thing that you guys want to change and refine it, rather than let it fall into a permanent routine.

btw, loved the comment about australian censorship, that is, if the australian government allows me to write that comment? :p

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
HILARIOUS - and I really like the new format and background music! Keep going, this gets better every episode!

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I.. Really, really liked this format! Totally forgot about the lack of The Escapist logo. Looks nice! I even liked that "And welcome back", straight into more headlines, as if we never left last weeks episode xD

The multiple stories from one anchor then passing over looks neato as well, as does that satellite cross to Jer! Totally keep that side bar up, almost looks like The Colbert Report's "The Word", which is -awesome-!

All in all, nicely done, guys!

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
All i could say was WHAT at the end that was a hilarious tidbit at the end. Great show

nmaster64

Nov 7, 2007
I can't say I'm a fan of the changes. The music while talking was really distracting. And I missed having them open with the lights-down joke...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I hope EA is going to make new IPs and give IPS a second chance like mirror's edge and dead space.
Isn't Dead Space 2 already in the works? I thought I heard that somewhere... Not sure now though.

Also, "replace house with tits" is probably one of the greatest phrases ever.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
It was just a tad too quick at the start, I had to watch it twice to see and hear everything.
Good stuff though.

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
This week's rejected ENN stories are up on the LoadingReadyRun blog! http://is.gd/8FWey

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
mjc0961 said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I hope EA is going to make new IPs and give IPS a second chance like mirror's edge and dead space.
Isn't Dead Space 2 already in the works? I thought I heard that somewhere... Not sure now though.

Also, "replace house with tits" is probably one of the greatest phrases ever.
Deadspace 2 has a non confirmed release date and Mirror's Edge 2 was mentioned as being the next franchise continuation they want to attempt to keep running although it was not in the 2010 fiscal year report. Said report was subject to change but DICE is already releasing Bad Company 2 and doing the MP of the new Medal of Honor title.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
A bit rushed this week. I hope you return to the earlier format. There wasn't even a lead-in dialogue

Huh. That kind of supports the "gamers fear change" argument in the main story, doesn't it?

flosy

Feb 1, 2010
Pfft the Fragsalot joke was way2 american, and what was wrong with Mirrors Edge!?!? I will stand by it till the grave!

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
I never noticed that Jer was slightly crosseyed. I knew there was something about him that made seeing him interesting, just never noticed the eyes.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
CK76 said:
EA's biggest mistake financially was sadly to actually try new ideas. Meanwhile Activision rolls in money by milking tried and true concepts.

This has always been my biggest concern for the gaming industry stagnating if innovation is punished and laziness is rewarded.
Agreed, I love EA, but a few good new games just got avoided like the plague.
I wish they could shake the evil image and I wish people would buy more than just Madden, Call of Duty, etc... and try out something different.