Escapist News Network: Economic Weather Report

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Oh yeah! I noticed the red poppy's there too.. Australia had Remembrance Day here too.. Well, obviously..

Anyway, although I've been known to enjoy the old Squaresoft games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Vagrant Story, I still found those puns/jokes rather hilarious. In general, it's true, JRPG developers -do- need to learn from the mistakes of previous games. Samey generic characters and arbitrary numbers/grinding.. Luckily, FFXIV Online won't have levels, much like FFX and hopefully it'll be MUCH, MUCH easier to progress than it is in FFXI Online (not that that's saying much..)

To its credit though, FFXIII does look quite awesome, with the major changes they've done already to the series.

Also, I saw no Terra reference in the weather report. Terraforma? Anyone...? Anyone? Sigh ;;

All in all, ENN is a great addition to The Escapist's lineup!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well... this was by far one of the best episodes of ENN, loved the weather, the jokes, the puns, i wasnt even anoyed by the "beggining" and "end" where they talk among themselves

great news cast guys!

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
"Really REAAALYYY"
lol ...
good ep as usual..
but a bit down from last weeks though...

Che Marlee

Oct 1, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. *waggles cigar*
Honk honk

Feb 18, 2009
Simply puntastic!

randommaster said:
I counted 25 separate weather related puns. Well done! :)
I guess it would be one of these [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HurricaneOfPuns], then?

I really can't tell what's going on, but that's because I have no audio.
You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. *waggles cigar*
Don´t look now, but there´s one man too many on this thread, and I think it´s you.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Of course Canada does the whole poppy thing, the pome was written by a Canadian doctor while serving.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
randommaster said:
I counted 25 separate weather related puns. Well done! :)
I guess it would be one of these [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HurricaneOfPuns], then?

I really can't tell what's going on, but that's because I have no audio.
Giving me the cold shoulder? There's no need to rain on my parade. This site can have a warm front, but there's a depression if you complain about the blizzard of MMO's.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Awesome show, I loved the bit about Warcraft, "Nobody cares!". Just wondering what were they talking about as the credits rolled and what vault are you guys from?

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
You can see a Canadian flag in the background of China XD

the prince of persia and weather report were probably the most amusing, great job

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
MrMisfit said:
Another fine episode. Loved the Prince of Persia movie joke and the "heavy Cloud and occasional Squall" joke.
yes! oh my god that had me laughing out loud (now people are looking at me funny)

littlerudi08107 said:
The Prince of Persia joke was amazing. Stupid Fanboys are never happy.
x) hahaha definitely, tho I just hope they have a lot more parkour/acrobatic building scaling than it seems right now
I never had a chance to REALLY get into the series unfortunately...

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
@Vanguard_Ex, try getting past Graham first to get to Kathleen. I think she's quite happy as it is :O

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Russ Pitts said:
Tolerant Fanboy said:
Margaritaville the Game, eh?

"I'm sorry, Jimmy, but your salt shaker is in another bar."
Hopefully it will come with a Wii-mote attachment in the shape of a margarita glass.
Note on the package: Blender not included.
"salt shaker not included - woman not to blame"