Escapist News Network: Economic Weather Report

Sauko

Nov 12, 2009
Ah, those band contracts are killers. It's quite funny how Activision's calling the lawsuit "without merit" since it's within their rights to use those avatars with respect of use/portrayal of the band. People might get a kick out Kurt Cobain singing other songs, but what about his fellow bandmates who only gave a limited use of the avatar?

Who is Activision to please: the players or the artists they signed contracts with?

Oh! the wonder's of legal issues!

[By the way: Nice touch with the poppies* (Why did I put "posies?")]

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Brnin8 said:
The part with Jeremy Petter had a Canadian flag in it... strange I thought he was reporting from China.
Everyone knows China Inf will try all sorts of tricks to decieve people. Wouldn't worry about it too much.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
"What is the relationship between him and Luke? That's weird" "Luke's his apprentice.""Yeah, really, really. Is that all that's going on.""Professor Layton is the bastion of all that is pure and good in a cold dark world and your sullying it."
[HEADING=2]"Hey, I'm not the one Oscar Wilde-ing things up, okay?"[/HEADING]

This before and after thing is the best part of these shows. I laugh throughout the whole thing, but this had me rolling.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
I loved that joke about Heavy Rain! Seriously, i'm still chuckling right now. MORE, GIVE ME MORE!!!

All hail the LRR team!

Ardna Xela

May 28, 2009
Those weather puns were excellent. "El Hideo, heavy Cloud, occassional Squall and Heavy Rain" had me lol pretty bad.

Jeziah

Nov 19, 2009
Glad to see you guys wore your poppies! Excellent show, as always. Do you have a website or RSS feed I could subscribe to? (If they do and anybody feels like telling me, feel free to PM me.)

Jeziah

Nov 19, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
What are those red things on your suits and in the weather forecast thing? :S
Those are (plastic) poppies. The are worn during the weeks preceding Memorial Day in many commonwealth countries and the United States as a symbol of remembrance for the good men who died (and the veterans who survived) World War 1. Their role was inspired by a poem written by Canadian physician and poet John McCrae on the desolate scene of the aftermath of one of the more well-known horrific battles of WW1; the poem, and the battlefield, was called (In) Flander's Fields [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Flanders_Fields].
Memorial Day is November 11th, this newscast was run on November the 11th, and it was the respectful and respectable thing to do to wear the poppies.
And, I suppose you could make a slight PoP (Prince of Persia) inference in the poppies as well, but that may be going to far.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Jeziah said:
headshotcatcher said:
What are those red things on your suits and in the weather forecast thing? :S
Those are (plastic) poppies. The are worn during the weeks preceding Memorial Day in many commonwealth countries and the United States as a symbol of remembrance for the good men who died (and the veterans who survived) World War 1. Their role was inspired by a poem written by Canadian physician and poet John McCrae on the desolate scene of the aftermath of one of the more well-known horrific battles of WW1; the poem, and the battlefield, was called (In) Flander's Fields [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Flanders_Fields].
Memorial Day is November 11th, this newscast was run on November the 11th, and it was the respectful and respectable thing to do to wear the poppies.
And, I suppose you could make a slight PoP (Prince of Persia) inference in the poppies as well, but that may be going to far.
I see, it sure is a nice poem (as far as poems about death and destruction go :))

And good to see the ENN crew honouring this

Red Wyvren

Nov 18, 2009
Perfect, after the Wilde joke at the end I couldn't stop laughing for about a minute. (which is a pretty long time to be laughing for)

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
That weather bit was genious! I was laughing all over the place haha! You people have a real talent! DONT STOP ENTERTAINING ME OR FEEL MY WRATH!! NOW GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SAMMICH THEN MAKE A FUNNY AGAIN OR YOUL GET THE HOSE AGAIN!!!