Escapist News Network: Games for Pets

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Wait wait wait wait wait... You mean to tell me that IGN wasn't ALREADY staffed by monkeys?!

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
I was going to watch some ENN for a laugh, ended up not hearing a word of it. Seriously distracted (in a good way). I knew they were big, but wowza... those things are huge! I'm surprised Graham didn't get knocked out when the E fell! Big letters! Why, what did you think I was talking about?

charliesauce

Jun 5, 2009
I kept getting distracted by Kathleen's great tit's, Kudos to the Bra, thank you.

on another note isn't the robot IGN horde of writers an over played card, you just stuck that in because IGN is moving offices to San Fran Sisco ( or how ever you americans spell it :p )

WTB Permanent Job in the Gaming Sector. :p KKthxBi.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Am I the only one who didn't notice Kathleen's cleavage until somebody mentioned it? I was more interested in the jokes.

septemris

Nov 18, 2009
Kuliani said:
To those that have "gone there", I understand that in the Internet microcosm what was said are complements, but in the real world it's considered harassment.
Totally agree with you there. I'm not impressed at how your comment as a community manager seemed to have gone completely unnoticed.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
As of now, anyone that makes comments similar to what is taking over this thread, will be punished as the Posting Guidelines have been amended:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.116827.5464306

(talk about her appearance again, and you'll get banned)

MatsJn

Battlefield control, terminated.
Nov 30, 2009
Kuliani said:
As of now, anyone that makes comments similar to what is taking over this thread, will be punished as the Posting Guidelines have been amended:

ye, so I liked the ..uh.. lighting, ye that was nice. The logo is looking fine as ever, oh and don't forget the camera work, wonderfully executed. No no, I'm not commenting on the people in the actual shot, no no don't get me wrong there...

You know, that amendment makes it impossible to comment on: pronouciation, delivery, costume work, faked accents, make-up, slapstick etc. since they revolve around the appearance of the characters in the video.

It becomes near impossible to offer any kind of comment, especially on much of the Loading Ready Run, as they frequently 'play' themselves. Where the body of the entire video revolves around one or more persons and how they appear and act.

According to that guideline, discussing that Morgan was painted green in one of the latest videos would be grounds for banning, yet that was one of the bigger jokes in the sketch.

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
whats with them and the set lately?

first Graham is walking through and going behind the set, and now letters are falling off!

anyways, it was a lovely, funny episode (like usual)

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Well done Graham's dad xD
I love everything he's in, season for finale, D fer madness, pimp my chair...
He's just got such a deadpan delivery, it's fantastic.

I'll miss out the "Damn Kathleen's boobs looks great in this" comment.
Seems it's been done to death.
And I find it sexier if a woman is funny...

MatsJn

Nov 30, 2009
Joe Matsuda said:
whats with them and the set lately?

first Graham is walking through and going behind the set, and now letters are falling off!

anyways, it was a lovely, funny episode (like usual)
They've moved the set (among other stuff) into a new office, and want to show off. But frankly I don't thin anyone has gotten it =)

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
MatsJn said:
Kuliani said:

ye, so I liked the ..uh.. lighting, ye that was nice. The logo is looking fine as ever, oh and don't forget the camera work, wonderfully executed. No no, I'm not commenting on the people in the actual shot, no no don't get me wrong there...

You know, that amendment makes it impossible to comment on: pronouciation, delivery, costume work, faked accents, make-up, slapstick etc. since they revolve around the appearance of the characters in the video.

It becomes near impossible to offer any kind of comment, especially on much of the Loading Ready Run, as they frequently 'play' themselves. Where the body of the entire video revolves around one or more persons and how they appear and act.

According to that guideline, discussing that Morgan was painted green in one of the latest videos would be grounds for banning, yet that was one of the bigger jokes in the sketch.
I understand the point you are making, and I have a feeling you know the point of that amendments to the guidelines as well.

Obviously, if the point of the video was actually physical features people would not get in trouble for talking about said physical features. It's when people start discussing the attributes that aren't the point of the video that isn't fair to the entertainers.

Metaphor: If an entertainer on stage was performing for an audience, and someone in the audience started shouting leering comments, that person would be removed from the building by security/bouncers. Unless the entertainer is an erotic dancer doing an erotic dance, then the security/bouncers would not remove them unless they "go too far" with their comments.

We are trying to protect our entertainers.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Edit: Bah I just noticed the post above not allowing these kind of refenences, I was somewhat indirect but better to be on the safe side. :p

MatsJn

Nov 30, 2009
Kuliani said:
MatsJn said:
Kuliani said:

I understand the point you are making, and I have a feeling you know the point of that amendments to the guidelines as well.

Obviously, if the point of the video was actually physical features people would not get in trouble for talking about said physical features. It's when people start discussing the attributes that aren't the point of the video that isn't fair to the entertainers.

Metaphor: If an entertainer on stage was performing for an audience, and someone in the audience started shouting leering comments, that person would be removed from the building by security/bouncers. Unless the entertainer is an erotic dancer doing an erotic dance, then the security/bouncers would not remove them unless they "go too far" with their comments.

We are trying to protect our entertainers.
Then why doesn't the first line read something similar to: "Do not discuss the physical attributes of the people interviewed, shown, or featured in the videos or pictures, unless they are clearly stated as being an integral part of the performance in question"

This would allow me to comment on Ash's appearance in the previous ENN since her body was an integral part of the joke, whereas Kathleen's body isn't.

Although the fact that saying "hey, I like your hair" is a bannable offence still remains.

-

You know what you mean, and I know what you mean. But what is stopping a notorius moderator (current or future) from banning everyone who even makes a remote comment to anyone's appearance?