Escapist News Network: Inside the Newsroom

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Inside the Newsroom

Kathleen, Graham, Paul and Jeremy take you behind the magic. It's less magical.

Watch Video

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Well, to say it simply: That was hilarious.
Jeremy had me laughing to most with his zany ideas and his old man with a wizard's staff drinking tea in a queue.
Classic.

I'm not sure if I'd like this as a permanent new format, but danged if it wasn't a hilarious change of pace.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Loved it. Something different. And that "old guy in a queue drinking tea" logo was awesome...how the hell does anyone come with stuff like that??

Also: i wouldn't mind this being a new format, it seems more ...i don't really know, but i like it! But the old one was also great, all "SRS BSNSS!" Pretty much everything you people do is damn funny.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I like it as a change of pace, but I'd rather see the news format more often than not. I could see it done once in a while, like when you hit your 5's and your 0's. But for the most part, I would rather see the news format.

Of course, the outtakes are good, so if you're a pub club member go watch them. If not, join, then go watch them, love them.

"fly????"

_Russell_

Jan 5, 2009
I like both settings, the standard news desk & the new newsroom.
Maybe use both & switch between them each week?

"It's an aged person in a queue drinking Tea!" :D

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
An excellent gear shift from our usual dose of ENN. The formal news setting is classic, but I'd enjoy seeing more newsroom specials.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
This was hilarious, THQ and Bungie part was pure gold.

I do like the "news" version aswell, but this was a nice change of pace, maybe one time each month a episode like this is made?
Anyways, funny as always, over to you next commentator.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Wow, it was up early enough for me to watch it today. Good video. I like the new style, but it just seems... wrong... without the news desks. But this did feel more open and the jokes seemed to flow more. Also, lack of screen text/pictures makes me sad. I also think a 20 hour tutorial on dressing up the female characters from FF13 would be... just about as bad as FF13. But if Graham's idea was put into motion, then it would be a good game. Also, the new THQ logo's H looks like a chair, the the Q looks like a reversed question mark... what?

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
This was really funny. Out of curiousity, how much did this video differ from the actual process of creating an episode of ENN? Was it just the camera's and we basically just got the ENN equivalent of a 4th Panel? Or was this somewhat more scripted than that?

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Considering the previous episodes, it looks as this is your creative proces, like how you actually write ENN, minus the graphics and whole News presentation. So while it looks a tad "unfinished" considering the previous format, it's still funny.

And yes, when changing logos, especially when there are no new extreme graphic design trends, it's more likely that the new logo will look worse than the previous one. They obviously have more money than they need at THQ.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
ENNteresting. I'm not 100% sold on it, but the format change was a nice break.

Now you've said it, I can see Barometry Wars working as a concept. You play a god with power over the weather. Your worshippers provide you with Mana, which power your abilities. You use your abilities to generate useful weather, pleasing the worshippers and hopefully increasing your Mana base. Civilization without the Civ, I suppose. Of course, in the multiplayer your fellow gods have the option of sending bad weather your way, which you have to counter, but the conflicting weather patterns could create unpredictable backlash effects . . . and here comes a hurricane to ruin everyone's day.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
I liked it. Seems very informal, relaxed and off the cuff. Hope to see more in Ennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn shows in the future.

HeOfMalice

Aug 2, 2010
I really liked this. It was more raw but natural.
Made me feel like I was just watchin' you guys hang out and be your hi-LRR-ious selves.
Huh?
Huh!?